Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toni_bean)
    I would say BE CAREFUL even in places deemed as safe, I was walking back from a friends flat with a couple others last night-and we ran it to this insane man who started walking next to us and started pushing the guys around! I was terrified that he had a knife. Anyway this was in Woodlands!

Not trying to scare you from renting a flat in these areas, just be careful as any place can have the crazies.
    Although almost the exact same thing happened to me a few nights ago in Edinburgh (somewhere that everyone most tell you is considered a relatively safe place), so anyone new moving to Glasgow don't go getting over paranoid. Honestly, I wouldn't do anything differently in Glasgow as I would in any other major city anywhere in the UK- which is keeping your wits about you and not walking about alone at night until you know the place well as students are easy targets.

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget about rape alley if you're staying at Murano

I kid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SLH)
    Don't forget about rape alley if you're staying at Murano

I kid.
    and Rape Park.

(For all the worried Freshers: it's just a park - all parks are no-go areas after dark!)

ReputationRep:
    Ohh, rape park? I've not heard of that.

I don't live there... or go out that way, hah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SLH)
    Ohh, rape park? I've not heard of that.

I don't live there... or go out that way, hah.
    It's Ruchill Park, the one beside Murano. About a quarter of the rooms will look out onto it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammytheman)
    Actually it is... Don't worry though, I have many more to choose from!

Are you not much of a Leafs fan?
    You're a leafs fan? Bad choice of team
    I'm a fan of the Canucks. Don't know if there's anywhere to watch hockey in Glasgow. I know they show games on ESPN America but living in halls I'm probably not gonna have access to that.:thumbsdown:

Also the fact they're on late at night doesn't really help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C2911)
    You're a leafs fan? Bad choice of team
    I'm a fan of the Canucks. Don't know if there's anywhere to watch hockey in Glasgow. I know they show games on ESPN America but living in halls I'm probably not gonna have access to that.:thumbsdown:

Also the fact they're on late at night doesn't really help
    Try talking to the QM president or go to one of the committees when you get to uni, might be able to sort something out. I know a few hockey fans who'd be interested.

ReputationRep:
    Just stay in the west end and city centre.

But there will always be thugs where ever you go. Get some Glasgow pals and go with them, and theyll keep you right.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, everywhere has their share of good and bad. I live in Castlemilk which is meant to be really really horrendous but ive never had any problems, as long as you don't go out of your way looking for trouble then you should be fine anywhere in Glasgow.

ReputationRep:
    Is Buchanan Street bus station rough on Friday and Saturday nights?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colettejane)
    I agree, everywhere has their share of good and bad. I live in Castlemilk which is meant to be really really horrendous but ive never had any problems, as long as you don't go out of your way looking for trouble then you should be fine anywhere in Glasgow.
    cos yer taz's cousin yer aff yer nut! :L haha!
    i second her ^^ she's ma homieeeee!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coooombe)
    Is Buchanan Street bus station rough on Friday and Saturday nights?
    No. Lots of security cameras and one of the busiest police station just up the road.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenM1991)
    Oh dear. you must be from Castlemilk too!:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenM1991)

You saying the reason i dont see any trouble is because i cause it? ahahaha, maybe......

true dat brudda :cool:

Do you find Castlemilk a troublesome place? forget the fact there was an attempt murder in your street and another one up the road from me and 3 drug busts in the past year in mine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billboy05)
    Oh dear. you must be from Castlemilk too!:p:

she is :rolleyes: shes a weee ned that one, better watch your backs with her :p:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.