The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I think that happens a lot; and so does the opposite (thinking you did well and actually having done rubbish). It's worse, I imagine, when it happens in Year 13 though... another reason for me to soil myself I suppose :smile:
Reply 2
I thought I'd have been lucky to get an A in physics and ended up getting close to full marks, so it's certainly possible to surprise yourself! :smile:
Yeah I thought I'd get Cs and Ds in some of the Further Maths modules but I got Bs instead and managed to get an A by 4 marks :biggrin:

Also for some exams I went in nervous and came out panicking thinking that I'd messed up but ended up get the grades and making my offer (the only offer I had and it was AAA too :dry:)

I think that there's always the possibility that you will do better than you thin you have done. There's also the fact that the UMS to raw marks grade boundary which will change depending on whether students find the paper hard or not.
Reply 4
Yeah it happened to me last year in History. I didn't even revise the topic that came up so I just blagging throughout but I still came out with an A in that module somehow. Don't worry about it what's done is done, just enjoy the rest of the summer :smile:
I KNOW I have done awfully in History, I didn't have a clue to about the 1st 17 mark question in Paper 1. I kind of knew the other answers but they had no structure to them whatsoever. Paper 2 was really really bad I finished about half an hour before the end and I just know it was awful. I had kinda given up on it tbh :frown: Wish I hadn't now though.

At my GCSEs I thought I'd done much worse than I did. I seriously thought I'd failed Chemistry because of I didn't know an 8 mark question lol.. but I got an A! I thought I failed History and got a B and a C in English lit so they were nice surprises.
Reply 6
I thought I'd probably done quite badly in English, last year. But I'd got 105/105. :biggrin:
Reply 7
tht biology i exam was very very hard, so i dont know what ppl will get or what ill get
Reply 8
BJack
I thought I'd have been lucky to get an A in physics and ended up getting close to full marks, so it's certainly possible to surprise yourself! :smile:

happened to me... except I actually did get full UMS.
Reply 9
ahhh try not to worry :smile:

alot of us from my english class thought we'd all failed and we all came out with A's and B's at AS level
it happened to me in M1 in January. Thought I'd failed it. Seriously. I already started preparing for a resit in the summer. Ended up getting 97/100 in it. :woo:

[Grade boundaries were lowered significantly, but noone needs to know that]

I have had some exams though were I was certain I'd got a solid A, but I've come out with mid/low Bs.

So yeah, it can work both ways.
Its happened a few times for me...

Jan '09 - Psychology Unit 4; very hard, didn't do enough revision and thought I would get an E but I got an A 84/90!

Jan '09 - *Cringes* General Studies; did no revision thought I would get a C got an A! 100/100 87/100 95/100 very happy!

Jan '09 - Geography Unit 4, didn't finsih learning the whole unit, lack of revision got a B! Still retook though!
Reply 12
never i always get my grade right except sometimes between A* and A

Latest