Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so i wanna pierce my ear lobe. anyone know places in london?
    info needed:
    -must use needle
    -need to know the price
    -whether i can walk in and get it done or book for an appointemnt (if appointment how much in advance?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    info needed:
    -must use needle
    -need to know the price
    -whether i can walk in and get it done or book for an appointemnt (if appointment how much in advance?)
    Google is the best bet as you can put in your postcode and find places near to you - London is a big place! Usually in piercing studios you can walk in and get it done if they have a slot, although it's best to ring up first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    info needed:
    -must use needle
    -need to know the price
    moste proper piercing shops (i.e not claires :P) will use needles as well as gun's and will be able to use both. like has been said, googles your best bet

can i ask why it needs to be needle though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshp1407)
    moste proper piercing shops (i.e not claires :P) will use needles as well as gun's and will be able to use both. like has been said, googles your best bet

can i ask why it needs to be needle though?
    CORRECTION. any self respecting piercing studio will NOT use guns. and only use needles.

guns cant be sterilised, and they cause alot of damage compared to a needle

read this :http://news.bmezine.com/2003/05/09/p...blishers-ring/
    or simply use google

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    CORRECTION. any self respecting piercing studio will NOT use guns. and only use needles.

sure about that? i'm pretty sure the studio i use gets his gun out of a sterilizer when he's used it, not to mention fitting out of the packet bits on it each time. if that makes sense :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshp1407)
    sure about that? i'm pretty sure the studio i use gets his gun out of a sterilizer when he's used it, not to mention fitting out of the packet bits on it each time. if that makes sense :P
    possibly they've brought out a gun recently that can be sterilised. but i've never seen one.

it doesnt change the fact that they force a blunt stud through the lobe, causing alot of damage and scar tissue

ReputationRep:

read this :http://news.bmezine.com/2003/05/09/p...blishers-ring/
    or simply use google
    Guns can be used on the lobe because there's no cartilidge there. But obviously must be sterilised between uses. And needles should be used on the rest of the ear.

ReputationRep:
    possibly they've brought out a gun recently that can be sterilised. but i've never seen one.

it doesnt change the fact that they force a blunt stud through the lobe, causing alot of damage and scar tissue
    aye true. Have to say he's never used them on mine (industrial, conch, nape and 3 at the top bit of my ear) but i had my lobe done yearrrs ago with a gun and i have to say that the needle hurts less, so can't see any form of advantage for them

ReputationRep:
    I got one of mine done at Cold Steel, in Camden. You need to book, but if it's quiet, you can book for 30 mins in advance. It barely hurt at all, they were so, so good. :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    I got one of mine done at Cold Steel, in Camden. You need to book, but if it's quiet, you can book for 30 mins in advance. It barely hurt at all, they were so, so good. :love:
    lol yeah i have booked an appointment at cold steel 1.45

ReputationRep:
    you could always buy sterilised piercing needles off the internet, and do the piercing yourself?

ReputationRep:
    you could always buy sterilised piercing needles off the internet, and do the piercing yourself?
    I did this, twice in fact, as well as piercing other people hehe. That said though, my sterile technique is flawless as I need it for work :p:

Please don't attempt to do it yourself unless you know what you're doing and have the right kit though!

ReputationRep:
    Cold Steel are my ultimate favourite. I love them there. They know what they're doing. I was talking to the guy behind the counter and looking through their catalogue and he was explaining how crap the black latex gloves are... they use ordinary plain ones, which was a plus imo.

They've always sorted me out good n proper in there. I always go there when I want something pierced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Cold Steel are my ultimate favourite. I love them there. They know what they're doing. I was talking to the guy behind the counter and looking through their catalogue and he was explaining how crap the black latex gloves are... they use ordinary plain ones, which was a plus imo.

They've always sorted me out good n proper in there. I always go there when I want something pierced.
    I agree, I went to Eclipse and the piercer was just soooo unfriendly. I found the blonde woman at Cold Steel to be so friendly and comforting when I was getting pierced. She was even trying to make me laugh and calm my fears whereas the other guy in Eclipse wouldn't really respond to my small talk nor allay my fears!

You don't need to make an appointment and I would reckon that it costs around £10-15 and they definitely use a needle.

ReputationRep:

yeah i went there. the blonde woman is so lovely aww bless her
    did my ear lobe £15, deffo going there again. the guy that takes appointments i am not too keen of, but he seems ok

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he's a bit chilly to talk to at first, but I did chat with him about gloves and he was alright once he realised I knew about body mods lol. I bet they get some right numpties walking through their door lol.

ReputationRep:
    cold steel in camden. went in there yesterday and got an appointment for 30 minutes later. the guy in there is lovely and actually talks to you rather than just making you feel awkward. and yes i highly doubt they'de ever use a gun!

Edit: Oops, i see Ilora-Danon beat me to it, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    £15, is that including the stud?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he's a bit chilly to talk to at first, but I did chat with him about gloves and he was alright once he realised I knew about body mods lol. I bet they get some right numpties walking through their door lol.

What do you have pierced?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    What do you have pierced?
    I've got 2 6mm lobes, both tragus's, conch, nostril and a mid helix. Have also had 2 surface tragus piercings, various cartilage piercings and a navel piercing. Started young - had my nose done when I was 12 lol.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.