Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else really looking forward to this?

09 for me was still a very good game but not the sort of step up that people wanted. Having seen some of the new stuff konami are trying to implement i'm confident this will be the game that will get everyone back into the pes zone.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I hope so...Fifa was so much better this last year...

ReputationRep:
    Im a fifa dude all the way cant live without my licences. Having said that when i have bought PES it hasn't been a bad buy, lacks the authenticity that Fifa offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adrenaline1989)
    Anyone else really looking forward to this?

09 for me was still a very good game but not the sort of step up that people wanted. Having seen some of the new stuff konami are trying to implement i'm confident this will be the game that will get everyone back into the pes zone.
    I've been a hardcore PES Fan for the last 5 games or so. This year was a massive disappointment. Usually it's PES coming out with the innovation, but nowdays it seems that PES is copying Fifa.

This year is going to be the make or break, if PES don't deliver, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to switch to Fifa.

ReputationRep:
    As good as Fifa is, its just not as fun to play as Pro is IMO. Thats why for me i'll be getting Pro first as always, but will get Fifa when price goes sub £20.

ReputationRep:
    If anyones regularly checks the pesfan, you'll notice that their editors have played the latest code and have labelled it 'splendid'

ReputationRep:
    CANNOT WAIT until PES 2010, hopefully buying a PS3 the same time aswell.

Hoping that it is more of an improvement over PES 2009 than PES 2009 was over PES 2008, because last year, I regret to say, Fifa beat PES...

ReputationRep:
    Agreed, Fifa destroyed Pro last year! Cant wait for them both to come out again!

ReputationRep:
    I'll definitely be getting it.

In terms of licensing, it's very easy to get a hold of an unofficial licensed game save. It's a dawdle to transfer onto your own game save as well. That's what I did for PES 2009 anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to it, seems like they made a whole load of improvements, hopefully there's power bars when passing.

ReputationRep:
    its going to absolutely wonderful i was proper dissapointed by pes 2009 and have boycotted the game havent played since the first week i purchased it just keeping all my pes collection thats all its worth really, some people from pesgaming have played the game and reviewed it and most pes fans know that it is now or never for Konami http://www.pesgaming.com/blog/pes-20...y-dougiedonut/ enjoy

ReputationRep:
    pes 08 was awful, pes 09 was better but still not as good as the older ps2 titles. Fifa 09 probably just had the edge last year, pes 2010 looks likes like it may take the crown back next year although I haven't really seen much of fifa 10 so can't say for definate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redkopite)
    pes 08 was awful, pes 09 was better but still not as good as the older ps2 titles. Fifa 09 probably just had the edge last year, pes 2010 looks likes like it may take the crown back next year although I haven't really seen much of fifa 10 so can't say for definate
    Are you serious :eek: Pes 2009 was terrible it maybe an achievment if the fifa developers were working on it but certainly not Konami it was more like an arcadey game rather then simulation of a footy game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Va_Va_ Voom)
    Are you serious :eek: Pes 2009 was terrible it maybe an achievment if the fifa developers were working on it but certainly not Konami it was more like an arcadey game rather then simulation of a footy game
    lol i know, i didn't say pes 09 was good.. just that it was better then pes 08 , the "get a fast player and run past the whole team with ease" fest

ReputationRep:
    lol i know, i didn't say pes 09 was good.. just that it was better then pes 08 , the "get a fast player and run past the whole team with ease" fest
    loooool i really hate that game not to mention pes 2008 which was ten times worse, btw even though pes 2009 was easy to take on a player doesnt mean it should be as hard as fifa 2009 dribbling past a player is almost impossible dont you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Va_Va_ Voom)
    loooool i really hate that game not to mention pes 2008 which was ten times worse, btw even though pes 2009 was easy to take on a player doesnt mean it should be as hard as fifa 2009 dribbling past a player is almost impossible dont you think?
    yeah it was difficult in fifa 09, you had to use a lot of skill to get past someone. I prefer it to be difficult like this rather then painfully easy like in pes 08, but they should maybe fine tune some of the bigger stars more to make it easier for them to beat players - i.e messi torres ronaldo etc.. sometimes i found in fifa 09 ronaldo would have difficulty outpacing titus bramble lol, although they have to be careful with how they implement it - the last thing i want is the ability for ronaldo to run past every player like in pes 08

ReputationRep:
    yeah it was difficult in fifa 09, you had to use a lot of skill to get past someone. I prefer it to be difficult like this rather then painfully easy like in pes 08, but they should maybe fine tune some of the bigger stars more to make it easier for them to beat players - i.e messi torres ronaldo etc.. sometimes i found in fifa 09 ronaldo would have difficulty outpacing titus bramble lol, although they have to be careful with how they implement it - the last thing i want is the ability for ronaldo to run past every player like in pes 08
    Looool for me they have to strike a balance, take messi for example he would rip past any player on a one on one basis therefore you would have to work as a team to break him down and close him down. Fifa 09 Messi or Andy Johnson its as difficult, and C.Ronaldo was a menace in Fifa 09 one through ball and no1 can catch him assuming you did not update because i play down friends house who havent updated him and i hate the game to be honest passing is nice but the general repetitiveness of the game is not my cup of tea.

and btw anychance you know anything of Be a legend that had potential if only you knew what you're manager was thinking!!!

ReputationRep:
    one reason i fell out of love with PES last season is their lack of dedication to accurate stats.
    fernando torres and robbie keane were virtually the same speed.
    maybe they should crack a deal with sports interactive if they're finding the stats so hard to keep track of? its not like PES will use their whole datebase and i consider FM's researchers to be the best in the busieness stats wise (not saying they're amazing, just the best in the buseiness).

my second reason is difficulty. seriously, please make the game harder so that there is more longetivity in master league... or even better yet, revamp master league. make it a new experience. i seriously did not care for the champions league liscencing AT ALL. PES fans have never cared about liscences... let FIFA have it all if it means they'll concentrate on what matters - gameplay on the pitch and the AI.

ooo shooting from distance was WAY too poor too. im not saying i want every shot to go in or every shot to be fumbled by the keeper so its an easy tap in (this is what i don't want) but i also don't want every longshot to baloon if its from 30 yards.

I loved Fifa last year partly because every week is something new online (which is amazinG) due to addidas live season. however, FIFa's main problem for me is: 1) singleplay is RIDICULOUSLY easy, b) balancing issues - ronaldo upfront is TOO GOOD, c) players feel too similar. i can't tell my xavi from my scholes ... something PES does very well.

ReputationRep:
    I liked PES 08, thought 09 was a bit crap and fifa better for the first time. My bro told me that pro got better reviews this time round, so I'll probably be a pro boy again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aoaaron)
    ooo shooting from distance was WAY too poor too. im not saying i want every shot to go in or every shot to be fumbled by the keeper so its an easy tap in (this is what i don't want) but i also don't want every longshot to baloon if its from 30 yards.
    Nah, you get the hang of shooting from distance. It's all about the timing.

Check the video in my profile for evidence that shooting from distance can be done in PES2009! :teeth:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.