Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    wow point proven! some of those goals are class lol. and i guess I underrated 09 then - i needed to put more time and effort into it shooting from distance wise! but still... ur longshots are with the best players in the game. poor players can sometimes hit them well too. ;/

but still, I dont like the balooning of the ball. :P

I hope the difficulty is at a good level this year. I remember in past PES's, I really had to get to grips with it each year. In 09, I got good at it far too quickly (against the AI that is... simple 2 direction movements beat fullbacks )... online was horrid... and master league was WAYYY too easy! Getting promoted is ridiculously easy. =[ Then straight away challenging for the title!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Honestly, this year is the first year I won't be bothering to buy PES until I have played someone else's version, FIFA wiped the floor with it last year and if the FIFA demo is anything to go by then this year FIFA will still be awesome.

ReputationRep:
    to me, pes gameplay looks much better this year. more tactical+methodical.

of course fifa full version will be better than the demo. same thing happened last year. fifa demo was good, game was even better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aoaaron)
    wow point proven! some of those goals are class lol. and i guess I underrated 09 then - i needed to put more time and effort into it shooting from distance wise! but still... ur longshots are with the best players in the game. poor players can sometimes hit them well too. ;/

but still, I dont like the balooning of the ball. :P

I hope the difficulty is at a good level this year. I remember in past PES's, I really had to get to grips with it each year. In 09, I got good at it far too quickly (against the AI that is... simple 2 direction movements beat fullbacks )... online was horrid... and master league was WAYYY too easy! Getting promoted is ridiculously easy. =[ Then straight away challenging for the title!
    Yeah poor players can occasionally hit them well, but I try to play the percentages and get the best players on the ball and let loose! :yep:

Online needs to be improved A LOT I absolutely agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    Honestly, this year is the first year I won't be bothering to buy PES until I have played someone else's version, FIFA wiped the floor with it last year and if the FIFA demo is anything to go by then this year FIFA will still be awesome.
    :yep: Agreed - Think I'll be hitting Blockbuster to rent a copy for a few days to make up my mind. I've always been a PES boy (got every game) but the previous two have been awful and as a result I've barely played them on my PS3. Both games just feel so clumsy. I've been playing 2009 on the PSP loads though, plays much better than the PS3 version and the 'become a legend' is addictive :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I just downloaded the demo. The gameplay is still far too slow. No ball ever stays so long in the air from a goal kick for example and players simply dont move that slowly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murray Hewitt)
    I just downloaded the demo. The gameplay is still far too slow. No ball ever stays so long in the air from a goal kick for example and players simply dont move that slowly
    Every year I buy pro for the first week or 2 I get pissed off with how slow they made, then I get used to it and I find it its not actually slow.
    Saying that my download its still going on, so hopefully when it finishes i can check it out for myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewait)
    Every year I buy pro for the first week or 2 I get pissed off with how slow they made, then I get used to it and I find it its not actually slow.
    Saying that my download its still going on, so hopefully when it finishes i can check it out for myself.
    The slow pace isnt as bad as it was last year because the overall gameplay is mroe fluid. I get it on PC and patch it up which makes the gameplay faster, once iv done that its a great game. But based on the original games alone I think FIFA may be doing better on gameplay for once

ReputationRep:
    FIFA is fluid but too fast. I dunno... I find FIFA TOO easy...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.