Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help me out! What do you think of the price of this car? Watch

ReputationRep:
    A Vauxhall Corsa Sport, 2002. 1.1 litre engine. 44,000 miles and the price is 2,000pounds.

Worth it or not?

ReputationRep:
    Its not far off, I'd probably pay £1800 for it.

ReputationRep:
    thats not bad it very low mileage for that age if it has mot on it then defo worth it but 1800 sounds best.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds alright. I'd probably pay around 1500-2000 for it. Depends on its condition. Is it on ebay?

ReputationRep:
    I'd pay 1500 at the most.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by questionmark)
    A Vauxhall Corsa Sport, 2002. 1.1 litre engine. 44,000 miles and the price is 2,000pounds.

Worth it or not?
    Did you mean 1.0 or 1.2? If it's the 1.2 that's a decent price, assuming it's in decent condition.. the 1.0L is (rightly) worth less.

Best thing to do is look at the prices of similar cars in your area on Autotrader, that should give a good indication as it will vary around the country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CocoPop)
    Sounds alright. I'd probably pay around 1500-2000 for it. Depends on its condition. Is it on ebay?
    Nope my mum's friends selling it. Gonna try and get it down to 1800.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, if you could get it down to 1800 that would be great.

Also give ebay a look. There might be some people selling in your area, so you can check out the cars.

ReputationRep:
    There was never a 'Sport' trim nor a 1.1 engine displacement

for that price I think you can still knock off £175 if the timing chain hasn't been replaced (known to be rattly)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    depends on conditon, 2k seems a bit steep. try and get them down to 1500-1700

ReputationRep:
    if you can knock it down to 1500-1700 you'd be well in.

just have a good look round and write down ALL dents, scratches, dinks, marks on lights, marks on the number plates, check tread depth on tyres and brake pads...dont wanna be changing tyres and pads in a few weeks after paying that for it x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.