Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As in the subject - if you missed your grades and your Firm university hasn't decided to accept you anyway, does Track update to show 'rejected' rather than 'conditional'?

I'm trying to figure out if I'm still in limbo.

ReputationRep:
    who knows im thinking the same thing

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...on_results_day

If one offer changes to Unconditional [UF or UI], this means you have gained a place there.
    If this is your firm choice, your insurance might not have updated to "unconditional" as well. Since you will not be going to your insurance, because you have been accepted by your firm choice, this doesn't matter.
    If this is your insurance, and your firm has updated to "unsuccessful", this means that you have missed your firm offer and they are unable to take you. However, you have a place at your insurance.
    If this is your insurance, and your firm is still showing "conditional", either your firm has been slow in confirming your place or they are still deciding about you. In this case, you will need to get your results and contact the uni concerned as soon as possible.
    If both your firm and insurance have updated to Unsuccessful then you have missed your offers for both and have not been accepted at either.
    So it sounds like if your firm hasn't changed to unsuccessful, then there's still a chance... best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sonofdot)
    So it sounds like if your firm hasn't changed to unsuccessful, then there's still a chance... best of luck!
    Good to know, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Has it changed yet? Mine's still hasn't .. I have 2 conditional offers, 1 firm and 1 insurance..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ياسمين)
    Has it changed yet? Mine's still hasn't .. I have 2 conditional offers, 1 firm and 1 insurance..
    No, it hasn't, but my offer technically also includes STEP which comes out with the A level results in a couple weeks, so I think I could be in for the long haul, here. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, and aha that may be the explanation - good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    it says unsucessful

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know UCAS will only update if the University has confirmed your place, so even if they have your results they might not have sent their decision to UCAS yet.

To be honest though, I think they will wait for STEP in your case, your conditions were immense.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any STEP thing, and mine still hasn't updated.. does anyone know if there's anything I should do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ياسمين)
    I don't have any STEP thing, and mine still hasn't updated.. does anyone know if there's anything I should do?
    You could contact the uni and ask when they are likely to update things.

Did you meet your offer? If you just missed out, then sometimes they are waiting for you to ring up and beg...

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, no I missed my firm by a lot. My conditions were ABB and I got CCD, but I did meet my insurance.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.