Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Last night me and my boyfriend tried to have sex for the first time. He's a virgin, and when it came to putting the condom on, he couldn't quite manage it. He couldn't get it to roll down past the head, and it just clung on there looking pretty tight. After a lot of messing around (and trying to put it on more like a sock -- ha!) he gave up, and unfortunately so did his errection.

He asked if he was putting it on wrong, but actually I have no idea. His penis isn't *espeically* large and the condom was just a regular size, so I don't think it was too small. Anyone know what the problem was? Is lube the answer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annapenny)
    Hi,

Last night me and my boyfriend tried to have sex for the first time. He's a virgin, and when it came to putting the condom on, he couldn't quite manage it. He couldn't get it to roll down past the head, and it just clung on there looking pretty tight. After a lot of messing around (and trying to put it on more like a sock -- ha!) he gave up, and unfortunately so did his errection.

He asked if he was putting it on wrong, but actually I have no idea. His penis isn't *espeically* large and the condom was just a regular size, so I don't think it was too small. Anyone know what the problem was? Is lube the answer?
    They're damn difficult to put on, try using extra safe ones, they're much easier (I managed to get one over my hand and down to my elbow) and maybe suggest that he tries putting one on on his own? I think practice rather than lubricant is the answer, but If you do use lube, make sure you use a water based lubricant and not an oil based lubricant - as oil will make the condom split. I'm not surprised he lost his jazz, wrestling with a condom is pretty humiliating, try to not pay attention while he does it, keep kissing him etc.

ReputationRep:
    You could try lube but I dunno if that will help. It's not actually that hard to put on :/. Penis size shouldn't be a factor either.

ReputationRep:
    The Durex easy on variety are the only ones worth getting.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he was trying to put it on upside down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grantrough)
    Ha! It looked that way, but no.

ReputationRep:
    This

ReputationRep:
    I think that's the best bet tbh :-)

I would just comfort him next time, he might get a bit nervous after last night? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ocelotrevs)
    Make sure it was the right way up, and it's the right size for him.
    Maybe try a larger condom size.
    They all stretch to accommodate any size anyway, unless he is a 24 inch monster

ReputationRep:
    Not rly had that prob as I dont use them oft (only if guy insists). I guess it were just nerves and it wil get beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annapenny)
    Hi,

Sounds like it was definitely inside out.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe inside out - it's quite easy not to even see the mistake.

I think probably better if you put it on tbh - just higher chance if he does that the erection might go - or keep kissing him and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    If it was that difficult he must have been trying to put it on inside out.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty common problem this. Sounds like it was inside out.

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't inside out. If that's a common problem, guys really need to get their act together. I think anyone can tell whether or not they are rolling it out from the outside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HexagonalBolts)
    They're damn difficult to put on, try using extra safe ones, they're much easier (I managed to get one over my hand and down to my elbow) and maybe suggest that he tries putting one on on his own? I think practice rather than lubricant is the answer, but If you do use lube, make sure you use a water based lubricant and not an oil based lubricant - as oil will make the condom split. I'm not surprised he lost his jazz, wrestling with a condom is pretty humiliating, try to not pay attention while he does it, keep kissing him etc.
    :lolwut:

And, like everyone else has said, maybe he was putting it on inside out.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he does need a bigger condom. Look for the black Pasante ones. Anything over 12.5 cm in girth and you might need it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.