Turn on thread page Beta

Humbug - Arctic Monkeys New Album watch

ReputationRep:
    So, who's got it?

What you think?

In my opinion they are now sounding more like The Last Shadow Puppets'.

Maybe it's because how Alex wants it but i really like the hard, fast songs from the Monkeys.

Don't get me wrong though, I still think their new album is really good! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    It gots it, sounds nothing like the last shadow puppets though......completely different in fact. Somehow I don't think an orchestra would sound in place on pretty visitors :p:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=558730

ReputationRep:
    I'M SO EXCITED! :woo: :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I think it sounds more like The Last Shadow Puppets than the previous Monkeys albums. But it is very good. Needs a few more listens though...

Stand out tracks for me are My Propeller, The Fire And The Thud and Pretty Visitors.

"What came first, the chicken or the ********?" :top:

I haven't got it/heard it, though I am thorougly intrigued. Have been a bit disappointed with some reviews, but hopefully it's not as bad as some claim. At least I'm not expecting the tracks to be as popular as the older ones (as this is what I've heard). :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    I haven't got it/heard it, though I am thorougly intrigued. Have been a bit disappointed with some reviews, but hopefully it's not as bad as some claim. At least I'm not expecting the tracks to be as popular as the older ones (as this is what I've heard). :erm:
    Its quite different and its a definate grower, even more so than favourite worst nightmare was. The songs that you won't like at first will probably be favourites after a few more listens

:beard: Interesting! :p:

Worth a listen then. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    its good! fire and the thud and jewellers hands aren't the best, pretty visitors is a fast song one of the best on the album aswell... can't wait to hear them live

ReputationRep:
    Yet to give it a listen, though I'm sure it'll yet again be "different" and their sound will have "evolved".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gummers)
    So, who's got it?

What you think?

In my opinion they are now sounding more like The Last Shadow Puppets'.

Maybe it's because how Alex wants it but i really like the hard, fast songs from the Monkeys.

Don't get me wrong though, I still think their new album is really good! :yes:
    its out? i thought it weren't out till 24th? where is this copy i need :P

ReputationRep:
    Really dissapointed, majorly.

ReputationRep:
    Int had the pleasure of having a listen yet, but I'm sure it'll be a grower like their latest single. And I'm also sure there'll be better singles on the album anyway.
    Bring on Leeds Fest :headbang:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blatant Troll)
    Int had the pleasure of having a listen yet, but I'm sure it'll be a grower like their latest single. And I'm also sure there'll be better singles on the album anyway.
    Bring on Leeds Fest :headbang:

I'm going leeds to

ReputationRep:
    I've only heard 'My Propeller' and 'Crying Lightening' (obviously) so far; I'm trying to resist the temptation to download thing because I want something good to look forward to around results day. I've also got an acoustic version of 'The Fire and the Thud', so I'm not sure how the recorded version is going to compare. Is anyone else really nervous about what the new album's going to sound like (those of you who haven't cheated)? They're too important to me - I feel like I'll lose faith in music if it's crap. Which it won't be...

Sorry for the midnight rambling...

ReputationRep:
    I can't say I've been particularly impressed so far, rather disappointing really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dedwardp)
    I can't say I've been particularly impressed so far, rather disappointing really.
    I thought that when I first heard it but its definitely a grower

ReputationRep:
    After many listens I've really grown to love it. 'Cornerstone' I think is really good, genuinely funny lyrics. As well as Dangerous Animals and Pretty Visitors.

ReputationRep:
    I've got it, and its really good, genuinely the best Arctic Monkeys album I think. Tracks from best to worst in my opinion were:-

1) Cornerstone
    2) The Jeweller's Hands
    3) Crying Lightning
    4) Pretty Visitors
    5) My Propellor
    6) Secret Door
    7) Dangerous Animals
    8) Potion Approaching
    9) Dance Little Liar
    10) Fire and the Thud

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orwell)
    I've got it, and its really good, genuinely the best Arctic Monkeys album I think. Tracks from best to worst in my opinion were:-

1) Cornerstone
    2) The Jeweller's Hands
    3) Crying Lightning
    4) Pretty Visitors
    5) My Propellor
    6) Secret Door
    7) Dangerous Animals
    8) Potion Approaching
    9) Dance Little Liar
    10) Fire and the Thud
    :eek: Dance little liar is the best one on there! You put crying lightning over that?! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orwell)

10) Fire and the Thud
    I really like it :confused:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.