Behave differently.

how?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    nobody likes me, since:

- i don't talk much
    - they sense i'm a **** and shy away from me
    - i need to completely change who i am.

I can't change your personality unless something life changing, experience or something like that makes you change. You can ENHANCE the qualities you want people to see. You need to feel comfontable in your skin honestly.

why? because some spiritual pap says so?

ReputationRep:
    By making changes to your life rather than agonising over it on internet forums.

ok. what kind of changes?

ReputationRep:
    Live your life like there is no tommorrow but course..use your common sense on that part.

Think what to say, rather than say it and be careful what you say. Try to make the person smile or laugh. No cheesy jokes like mum jokes, etc.

Act like a man and behave like one. If you don't know...well, sorry..can't help you anymore. That is something you need to find yourself.

Practice makes perfect. No one is perfect, we all make mistakes and learn from it. Those who put the effort in and don't give up will succeed.

Don't harrass or stalk.. lol..use common sense. Not implying you are, just stating lots of stuff you can take on board.

(Original post by 2Av)
    Live your life like there is no tommorrow but course..use your common sense on that part.

Think what to say, rather than say it and be careful what you say. Try to make the person smile or laugh. No cheesy jokes like mum jokes, etc.

Act like a man and behave like one. If you don't know...well, sorry..can't help you anymore. That is something you need to find yourself.

Practice makes perfect. No one is perfect, we all make mistakes and learn from it. Those who put the effort in and don't give up will succeed.

Don't harrass or stalk.. lol..use common sense. Not implying you are, just stating lots of stuff you can take on board.
    what does this mean? sorry i think differently.
    what does this mea

ReputationRep:
    Why are you a ****? Why do people think you are?

(Original post by Special_K)
    Why are you a ****? Why do people t a hink you are?
    they just do.

so no reason why i can't my personality, apart from mystic pap.

Lol... is this a student forum, or a Buddhist hang out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    they just do.

so no reason why i can't my personality, apart from mystic pap.

Lol... is this a student forum, or a Buddhist hang out?
    i guess u just showed us a part of ur personality.... u really shouldn't act like that she was just asking u why do u think they hate u??

anyways my tips are that u should just try to change ur attitude and behave more mature... lead the conversation... dont answer back by saying yes or no... keep the conversation going

ReputationRep:
    People don't think you're a **** for no reason. Do you rip them down or something? Act like an idiot? You can't change your personality til you realise what's wrong with you!

ReputationRep:
    First thing you have to think about is what changes need to be made and what you want to be like. have a look at someone you want to be like and watch how they handle certain situations. See what it is you like about that person so you can pick out the characteristics that you want. The reason people might shy away could be to do with you not talking much. maybe try making more conversation with people and show interest in what they say. Sounds to me like you just need to build more confidence. don't see yourself as inferior to others and try to feel more positive. :top:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's your close mindedness and stubborn attitude that is witholding you from being who you want to be.

To change you have to want to change, to see things from a different light. There is no magical switch where one day you suddenly become a better person. People are offering advice and you're just shrugging it off as pap without even considering it, it's not like they're trying to force a religion down your throat they're trying to help you understand a possible way of change. Could this be why your friends shy away from you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised no-one has said this already...

TROLL :shifty: :hmmm:

so i'm stubborn, big deal. everybody has faults. :yes:

and as for talking more, i guess i could. nobody likes speaking with me, so it's not my issue. like at work, people don't like me talking them, but i don't care.

lmao!!! so i'm not allowed to change my personality then? who are you people, God? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    You can't change your personality.

Stop trolling.

ReputationRep:
    Look at your personalityy and behaviour- what's wrong with it? What's needs to change?

Otherwise you could be depressed if this is a general thought line without evidence.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.