Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    im not fat, im not skiinny, but i look reallly fat in tight tops or dresses. its so depressing i only ever feel slim if im wearing lose stuff, i can never wear really tight things as my body shape looks odd. i have small breasts and then these big hips swirl out. if im wearing a looser top or a jacket it kinda hides it. do you think losing a few pounds would help?

ReputationRep:
    im sure it not as bad as you think it is!!!
    maybe try doing exercises targeted at that part of the body???
    my hips are also our of proportion and it drives me mad i just wear clothes that look ok and avoid really clingy stuff that makes it look worse!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you think everybody only see your hips when looking at you but don't worry that's not the case. It's very hard to reduce hips because maybe there is little fat on it but that's basically bones. Just wear clothes you feel comfortable in..

ReputationRep:
    coming from a guy big hips aint bad i love women who have sumthin there model skinny is not the way forward a bit of junk in the trunk so to speak(please dont take offence) i think is very attractive.
    but im sure its not as bad as you think.

ReputationRep:
    Don't wear tight tops and dresses, try wearing a loose top with skinny jeans, so therefore you emphasize your legs instead of your upper body.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boredyay)
    im not fat, im not skiinny, but i look reallly fat in tight tops or dresses. its so depressing i only ever feel slim if im wearing lose stuff, i can never wear really tight things as my body shape looks odd. i have small breasts and then these big hips swirl out. if im wearing a looser top or a jacket it kinda hides it. do you think losing a few pounds would help?

SOrry I need stats to help you,

Size, BMI, height and weight

Cause skinny and fat in my eye may be very different to what you think it is.

ReputationRep:
    What happened to "I wanna delete my account, I'm not posting anymore?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boredyay)
    It's not difficult to hide big hips. Wear clothes that are the right size. wear dark coloured skirts and dresses to minimize hips. Avoid detailing on jeans etc and wear clothes that draw attention away from your hips, e.g big collars and long coats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    It's not difficult to hide big hips. Wear clothes that are the right size. wear dark coloured skirts and dresses to minimize hips. Avoid detailing on jeans etc and wear clothes that draw attention away from your hips, e.g big collars and long coats.
    someone is wired up on women's fashion :p:

But um, I tend to think that stuff that clings more to your shape makes you look slimmer...well it does for me anyways because my waiste is considerablly smaller compared to my bust and hip area so if I wear baggy stuff without accentuating my waiste then it makes me look like a blob ontop with two sticks for legs because my legs are considerably slimmer to my top half (I look like someone got a skinny person and a fatter person and stuck them together at the middle...its sooo frustrating :mad: ) but if you have a smaller waiste and no buldges as such then try getting used to wearing more fitted stuff. Baisically look for the parts of you you want to draw attention too and get clothes that attract attention to that part of you, so it'll detract attention away from the parts u wana cover up. And often we have a distorted view of ourselves and what seems like a massiveee flaw to us other people will hardly notice so don't get too worked up about it hun, as long as u feel happy and are healthy with ure body then thats all that really matters

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.