Turn on thread page Beta

The goverment should crack down on Jevohas witnesses watch

ReputationRep:
    These guys keep coming to my house. In the early morning and evening when I'm trying to relax. They know I don't want to be converted. Crazy people.

The government should send the police to crack their heads. I respect religions even that one that believes in 300 million different Gods that represent one God. But I don't want to be preached about it. Leave me alone!

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, as you say that there's some down my street.

It's their freedom to preach to you just as it yours to ignore them. Don't open the door if you supsect them next time.

ReputationRep:
    Be threatening and aggressive and vocal about what you would like to do to them. They'll put you on a blacklist and wont bother you again.

ReputationRep:
    Argue with them. Its funny.

ReputationRep:
    Swear at them through your letter box. Then give them the broom.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind talking to Jehovah's witness a few times, but they never come to my house. Instead I get lots of Muslim preachers who don't seem to understand that you can't convert someone to Islam if they're already a Muslim

ReputationRep:
    Ughh, YES - I couldn't care less about what other people believe in because it its their view and they're entitled to their view but preaching around the clock and coming more than once comes to the point where you can label the preaching as harassment. Just argue with them till they give up :s

ReputationRep:
    Their allowed to practise their religion as long as it doesn't imping on others rights. So there's not much anyone can do about it unless they start impinging human rights.

But, that being said it is irritating when they come knock on the door. I had some come and tell my I was going to hell because I didn't repent.

My parents have the answer, they can speak Afrikaans so just start talking to them in Afrikaans and they go away, but unfortunately I don't have that at my disposal.

ReputationRep:
    They keep coming? Even after you've told them to stop?

Mannnn, that's some serious persistence right there. Did you tell them to go away nicely? If so, and it hasn't worked, maybe it's time to be a bit more aggressive with your words? :p:

Fair enough if people are religious but they shouldn't shove it down the throat's of others. It annoys me too.

ReputationRep:
    Hell yes they should. Had a JW grab my arm in the street when I said I wasn't interested!

ReputationRep:
    Just share the joys of Satanism with them, they probably won't come back.

ReputationRep:
    They keep on coming. First time they came I said in an unconvincing manner that I will think about it and closed the door. Then they came again and gave me a booklet translated into Somali? WTF? The only Somalis in the UK who are looking to convert are the kids who lost their cultural heritage. They can't read Somali they read and speak in English. It's like that with all Somalis kids like me. So giving out stuff in Somali is a waste of time. I threw that in the bin.

Today took the biscuit. They brought a Hindu woman who converted to our street. The white lady was trying to tell me that if SHE can convert why can't I? I stood their gobsmacked as I told her that the people in this neighbour hood are either Pakistani Muslims, Indian Sikhs or Polish Catholics.

Then had an argument about Blood. I mentioned to her that in Judaism and Islam. If the choice is to either die or break on of Gods law. Then you have to break Gods law. Other wise it would be seen as suicide in Gods eye. She kept on telling me that the pregnant lady who died and left her new child without a mother was doing the right thing.

Blah!

I'm going to tell them that I'm a radical Muslim who is "really busy making something". Hopefully that will scare them off.

(Original post by sweetlovinchick2k1)
    Their allowed to practise their religion as long as it doesn't imping on others rights. So there's not much anyone can do about it unless they start impinging human rights.

But, that being said it is irritating when they come knock on the door. I had some come and tell my I was going to hell because I didn't repent.

My parents have the answer, they can speak Afrikaans so just start talking to them in Afrikaans and they go away, but unfortunately I don't have that at my disposal.
    Your an Afrikaner that can't speak Afrikaans? I know some people who would just die at my work place if that happened to their kids.

ReputationRep:
    If they keep coming even after you've told them you're not interested, surely there's some way you can get them to stop? Sounds like harrassment to me if you've made it clear you don't want them to bother you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stettin)
    These guys keep coming to my house. In the early morning and evening when I'm trying to relax. They know I don't want to be converted. Crazy people.

The government should send the police to crack their heads. I respect religions even that one that believes in 300 million different Gods that represent one God. But I don't want to be preached about it. Leave me alone!
    its not 300 million -_-

ReputationRep:
    you could aregue with them for fun :p:

but yes i agree people will make up their own mind and don't need people constantly on their doorstep trying to convert them

ReputationRep:
    Ask one of them to step inside, then smack the mother ****** in his face, with a bat preferably.

If they call the police, say that you insisted they ****** off, she got aggresive and took a step inside so you defended yourself and your property as he was invading your space.

ReputationRep:
    quite the ignorant thread once againnn lol

1). they are free to knock on your door and speak to u etc etc
    2). if you specifically say dont knock again (and it doesnt have to be aggressive) they will put your name on a DNC list (do not call or something) and not knock for like 3-5 years, then will after just in case you've had a changeof heart
    3). it'd be nice if you stop talking about them as if they are a sect, because if you knew any personally you would see them EVERYWHERE, from all different walks of life and races,

i dont like reading ignorant comments :P sorry
    "pakis go back to your own country this.."
    and "this is our country that.." lmao

ReputationRep:
    I know it's Mormons but it's the same principle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanCarroll)
    quite the ignorant thread once againnn lol

1). they are free to knock on your door and speak to u etc etc
    2). if you specifically say dont knock again (and it doesnt have to be aggressive) they will put your name on a DNC list (do not call or something) and not knock for like 3-5 years, then will after just in case you've had a changeof heart
    3). it'd be nice if you stop talking about them as if they are a sect, because if you knew any personally you would see them EVERYWHERE, from all different walks of life and races,

i dont like reading ignorant comments :P sorry
    "pakis go back to your own country this.."
    and "this is our country that.." lmao

I would be pissed of at Pakistanis........... if they knocked at my door all the time. They don't. The only time they do is when they want to hang around. Something I have no problem with.

How ever why the hell are they knocking on the doors in the first place? I don't go around preaching people about Islam and I have never ever been preached to by Athiests at the doorstep.

If someone is intrested in Jehovas withness let them do their own research and then come there.

P.s. they are a sect. A sect is small group in a Large group. Jehovah withness are Christians which would make them a sect of Christianity.

Also the whole blood thing makes me cringe. There is no way on Earth I would ever marry a woman who thinks it's better to die then to see her child grow up. I would have to be a responsible father then!

ReputationRep:
    The logical approach is to put a sign on the front door saying no cold callers, no salesmen, and no religious types.

Simple really.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.