Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

do you think that many people decide to do medicine because of the tv show House? Watch

ReputationRep:
    aye, isa good cv, but he was always the butt of jokes in blackadder, lets face it. bering below Bladrick in pecking order is pretty removed from Gregorius.

he perenially played the idiot with aplomb.
    (lol now he plays the genius with an attitude problem)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    What a load of rubbish. You weren't talking about any one Uni in particular, you were just making a statement (And that's regardless of the fact that you probably could include a line about a TV show in your PS and so long as you have loads of A*s Birmingham will still probably give you an interview).

As for not researching other Universities, well that's just fine. But you can't then go around making blanket statements, as you simply don't know that.

In all of your patronising reply I found this line the most perplexing.

Are you implying that only people who get in have worthwhile things to say? Or that offers should be used as some form of ego-rubbing tool? Or that the person with more offers is somehow better?

It's a pretty pathetic thing to say, all told. How I fared in admissions bears no impact on how much credibility my views should have.

So if you just want to get in a ****-measuring contest, take it elsewhere.
    Im not going to waste my time any further! This will just go back and forth and a discussion on a forum thread like this wouldn't be able to explain everything.

Believe what you think and say what you believe!

I stick to my guns and know for a fact I want to study medicine because of reasons other then TV programs..

Good luck with everything...!

ReputationRep:
    If anyone chooses medicine based on a TV show they will have a rather rude wake up call when they find out what it's actually like.

Having said that, the first draft of my PS had a quote from Dr. Kelso

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KumakoXsd)
    Im not going to waste my time any further! This will just go back and forth and a discussion on a forum thread like this wouldn't be able to explain everything.

Believe what you think and say what you believe!

I stick to my guns and know for a fact I want to study medicine because of reasons other then TV programs..

Good luck with everything...!
    It's not even a discussion anymore, to be honest. It's just degenerated into you saying random sentences which have no relevance to anything that's been said before.

ReputationRep:
    i fink greenie wing persuaded me to do medicine.

and the doctor from The League of Gentleman.

ahh no, it was the doctor from Wyatt Earpp.

ReputationRep:
    So if you just want to get in a ****-measuring contest, take it elsewhere.
    Although, to be fair, with straight offers you would win :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex D)
    :ditto:

jonny with 4 offers > preapplicant with nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex D)

ReputationRep:
    There should be more applicants like you to medicine; outstanding with bags of humility

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.