The Student Room Group

Nursing 2010 applicants

Scroll to see replies

ZakBrannigan
so far received two unsucessfuls and still have one more interview next week.I asked for feedback for the two unsuccessfulls.At least i know now which is the main thing and build upon those two experiences for my next interview:yes:

If you dont mind me asking, did you Interview for your two unsucessfull's?
angrychemist
If you dont mind me asking, did you Interview for your two unsucessfull's?

yes angrychemist.I had a interview for one and the second was a mixture of tests,group discussion then a interview.I hoping i gain a place eventually.:yes:
ZakBrannigan
so far received two unsucessfuls and still have one more interview next week.I asked for feedback for the two unsuccessfulls.At least i know now which is the main thing and build upon those two experiences for my next interview:yes:

Sorry to hear that.
Which uni's gave you the unsuccessfuls, if you dont mind me asking?

Im sure you'll do well in the next interview. Which uni is that for?

xxx
Got a conditional from Brookes for Adult Bsc, without an interview can't actually believe it!:biggrin:
Anyone heard from York though?
Good luck everyone :smile:
xx
ZakBrannigan

I am so sorry to hear that :frown:
rachelb8906
Sorry to hear that.
Which uni's gave you the unsuccessfuls, if you dont mind me asking?

Im sure you'll do well in the next interview. Which uni is that for?

xxx

My next uni interview is at Northampton.I was unsuccessfull at Edge Hill and Kings college London.I only need one offer at the end of the day and still have a fall back plan rachelb8906 good luck with everything.Zak:yes:
Just found out today that Ive got a HCA job! Do you think I should tell my unis now or wait till interview?
Reply 187
angrychemist
Just found out today that Ive got a HCA job! Do you think I should tell my unis now or wait till interview?

why are you wanting to tell them? just to show you'll have more experience or something? :\
angrychemist

Congrats!!
I dont see the point in telling your uni's now.
It'll be best to wait until interview and you can drop it into the conversation...i dont know when your interview(s) is/are, but hopefully you'll have started the HCA job by then, and you can draw on experience from the job to help answer questions.
xxxx
Reply 189
nursing4eva
Got a conditional from Brookes for Adult Bsc, without an interview can't actually believe it!:biggrin:
Anyone heard from York though?
Good luck everyone :smile:
xx

Oh wow, congratulations! Brookes is my first choice :yes:
What type of offer do you normally get for DIPHE courses ? :smile:
MadgeMania
What type of offer do you normally get for DIPHE courses ? :smile:

It depends on both the uni and what quals you already have or are doing.
For example, someone who is doing an Access course at college would be given a conditional on them passing the course.
Others who have decent GCSEs but are lacking Maths or English as grade C or above are sometimes given conditionals offers providing they do a Learn Direct Level 2 course....it all depends on your own circumstances.
If you already have the quals, then some unis will give an unconditional...but its still on the basis that the CRB and OH check come back ok.
Then other unis give conditionals to everyone who is successful, regardless of whether they have the quals, because they wanna make sure the CRB and OH are ok....

I have 10 GCSEs all at A* to C, a GNVQ in ICT and 2 A Levels, so I exceed the entry requirements for the Diploma but I have been given a conditional for Adult Nursing DipHE, the conditions are the CRB and OH

HtH

xxx

HtH

xxx
Summer241
Oh wow, congratulations! Brookes is my first choice :yes:

Thank you, hope you get an offer soon! :smile:
xx
Thanks Rachel! :smile:

I'm in my first year at college and have applied for this year for nursing now the age minimum has been removed. I've got ten GCSE's (7bs, 3cs) and if I do stick out this year the max I can leave with from my course is a national award in Health.

Any idea what offer I can expect ? They obviously think I'll be okay because they gave me an interview :smile:
Reply 194
Hi all,

How scary is all this UCAS stuff???

Im hoping to become a 'mature' student doing a degree adult nursing at one of the following:

UCLAN - 2nd choice
Edge Hill - 1st choice
Manchester Met
Salford
Liverpool John Moores

I have 2 A-levels at D & E, a Business HND and an Advanced Certificate (level 5) in Market and Social Research.

I am 26 and have been working full time since i left college (doing my other qualifications part-time). ALthough i have no experience in nursing what do you think my chances are??? I dont have a clue and hate waiting!!!!

xx
MadgeMania
Thanks Rachel! :smile:

I'm in my first year at college and have applied for this year for nursing now the age minimum has been removed. I've got ten GCSE's (7bs, 3cs) and if I do stick out this year the max I can leave with from my course is a national award in Health.

Any idea what offer I can expect ? They obviously think I'll be okay because they gave me an interview :smile:

Congrats on getting the interview!
Which uni is it, if you dont mind me asking?

If youve got Maths and English, which you probably do by the sounds of your GCSE results, then im sure youd have no problems getting on the course if you were successful at interview. If they gave you a conditional it would only be on your CRB and Occupational Health check, and if you dont have a police record then obv that will be fine :smile: Occ Health is just where they check your immunisations.

xxxx
TinyTeeps
Hi all,

How scary is all this UCAS stuff???

Im hoping to become a 'mature' student doing a degree adult nursing at one of the following:

UCLAN - 2nd choice
Edge Hill - 1st choice
Manchester Met
Salford
Liverpool John Moores

I have 2 A-levels at D & E, a Business HND and an Advanced Certificate (level 5) in Market and Social Research.

I am 26 and have been working full time since i left college (doing my other qualifications part-time). ALthough i have no experience in nursing what do you think my chances are??? I dont have a clue and hate waiting!!!!

xx

First of all congrats on applying!
I know people who have had no experience in nursing who have been offered places. You just need to show a genuine passion and interest for the field. Try and relate your life and work experience to nursing; eg if youve accquired good communication skills because of your working background, then this would help with nursing as its a fundamental issue.
I know people who have applied to UCLAN, Man Met, Edge Hill and LMJU and have offers, so i know they are interviewing. I hear Man Met are pretty quick at shortlisting for interviews! Edge Hill apparently take quite a while on making a decision once youve been to interview. I also know that Salford have taken quite while to shortlist candidates, but some girls i know have interviews there this week, so hopefully you shouldnt have to wait too long!

Trust me, the waiting is far worse when youre waiting for a decision after interview!

Im sure you'll get a place if youve got the determination to do it

:smile:

xxx
Rach, my interview is for UCLAN :smile:

Oh you've cheered me up, it's on Wednesday so I'll let you know how I get on! Wish me luck! :smile: x
MadgeMania
Rach, my interview is for UCLAN :smile:

Oh you've cheered me up, it's on Wednesday so I'll let you know how I get on! Wish me luck! :smile: x

:smile:
Good luck! You'll be fine :smile:
Make sure you have an up to date health issue to talk about...uni's seem to love that question!

xxxx
I applied on the 20th Nov and havnt heard anything other than acknowledgements, Am I looking at the new year before I hear anything about rejections/interviews?

AC

Quick Reply

Latest