I start at coventry in january =)
    Can't wait.
    When have u appplied to start?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyamy)
    congratulations when is it?
    thankss , its on 20th january

ReputationRep:
    Anyone starting nottingham, in jan 2010? Am going to be going around handing stuff out when you all move into halls and on your induction week, i start my 2nd year on the same day- eek!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kwarden)
    Well done =)
    I start at coventry in january =)
    Can't wait.
    When have u appplied to start?
    well done to you aswell
    i'm not starting till sept though
    bet your really excited now, not long till you start

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by live.laugh.love)
    thankss , its on 20th january
    ahh cool well good luck, if you have any questions, feel free to ask me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahfarmer12)
    well done to you aswell
    i'm not starting till sept though
    bet your really excited now, not long till you start
    yeah im really excited now..
    Just sendig off all my forms for my bursary and what not.

=)

ReputationRep:
    yeah im really excited now..
    Just sendig off all my forms for my bursary and what not.

=)
    cool, when do you have to start sending off for bursarys?
    once you've chose your firm or before?

ReputationRep:
    cool, when do you have to start sending off for bursarys?
    once you've chose your firm or before?
    i filled most of it out just after i got my offer...

ReputationRep:
    i filled most of it out just after i got my offer...
    ohh okay, where do you get the forms from??

ReputationRep:
    ohh okay, where do you get the forms from??
    on the nhs bursery site..
    Cov uni tell you all of that anyway

ReputationRep:
    Your meant to get the forms yourself from the nhs bursary site??

I thought the Uni send them you... I start in march but haven't heard anything about bursary yet!

I've filled my OH forms in though and have appointment in January!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holamigo)
    Your meant to get the forms yourself from the nhs bursary site??

I thought the Uni send them you... I start in march but haven't heard anything about bursary yet!

I've filled my OH forms in though and have appointment in January!
    your uni should send your details to the nhs bursary people who send you your ref number to put on your application and then yeah you get the forms yourself from the site and fill them in and send them back. but you need the ref number first i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyamy)
    your uni should send your details to the nhs bursary people who send you your ref number to put on your application and then yeah you get the forms yourself from the site and fill them in and send them back. but you need the ref number first i think.

Oh I see!!! Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    i sent mine off with out the ref number because of how close it is to the start date.. and i've not long had my place confirmed. =)

also i no its early but speak to you nurse/dr about the hep b injections. cause at cov they said the arnt going to do it. and some drs will charge you for them.

ReputationRep:
    i sent mine off with out the ref number because of how close it is to the start date.. and i've not long had my place confirmed. =)

also i no its early but speak to you nurse/dr about the hep b injections. cause at cov they said the arnt going to do it. and some drs will charge you for them.
    yeah i think you can send it off without the ref number, unfortunately though i think that delays it because i don't think they will sort it out until they have the confirmation from your uni that you are starting on an nhs funded course, which is when you usually get your ref number but you never know, i may well be wrong, thats just what i remember being told

and as for hep b thats unlucky! i thought that i was going to have to pay for mine and it was gonna be like £120 pound for the full lot and they weren't even gonna be fully finished by the time i went to uni, so i contacted kings to check that would be ok and they said they do them anyway haha, so i'm now almost done my free course of vaccine thank goodness!

generally though it doesn't matter if you don't already have them completely finished for uni because as long as you make sure that you are aware of your own hep b status when on the wards then it doesn't actually matter that its not actually been finished yet

ReputationRep:
    hii, i've got in tooo =)
    to start in september though
    really happy for you xxx
    Awh well done
    I'm really excited now, its like 3 weeks on Monday away lol!
    I'll keep you updated, hope you have a nice christmas :p:
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicole.17)
    Awh well done
    I'm really excited now, its like 3 weeks on Monday away lol!
    I'll keep you updated, hope you have a nice christmas :p:
    xxx
    thanks\
    have agood christmas
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    cov uni told us that we need have atleast the 2nd one done before going onto placements.
    And yeah, but i have been confirmed a place and what not. and a few people starting in jan aswell have sent theres off and seem to be gettin done okay. so i guess it depends on when you start and stuff. i could imagine sept would be hetic for them

ReputationRep:
    cov uni told us that we need have atleast the 2nd one done before going onto placements.
    And yeah, but i have been confirmed a place and what not. and a few people starting in jan aswell have sent theres off and seem to be gettin done okay. so i guess it depends on when you start and stuff. i could imagine sept would be hetic for them
    yeah i would imagine so cos i didn't get sent my ref number until like june and my place was confirmed in the dec before haha! so they must have had a hell of a lot of people apply from june onwards! yeah well 1st and 2nd hep b will only be a month apart anyways so thats doable

ReputationRep:
    I would have thought that you would get them done by Occupational Health once you've started. Thats what happened with me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.