Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannonball)
    No I don't mind

They asked for my height and weight but they didn't take my BP or anything - I believe those are the kind of things they do at the start of the course.

It's perfectly understandable that you're concerned
    As long as you are better you'll be fine -
    the only reason OH is much stricter now - especially with psychiatric disorders - is because of that Nurse (can't remember her name) who went around overdosing her patients on purpose. But I believe she was BiPolar.

Because of your condition they may do the phsyical checks at the app. but again, as long as your doctor can say that you are mentally fit you will be fine

You may have to see OH more than normal throughout the course, but is just to check you're ok

it depends on your doctor
    but be honest with yourself
    I'm not sure how to multiquote, but thanks to both of you for replying!

I don't have any other psychiatric problems, definitely nothing that would endanger a patient! :eek:

I'm no longer in contact with any mental health professionals, I've been discharged from their services, it's simply a case of my GP monitoring me now to check everything is going well. They've allowed me to maintain at a low-ish BMI, as health-wise everything is fine so there would be no logical point (I dispise the BMI system, it's so inaccurate when applied to an individual!) but I'm scared they'll disagree.

I will contact the uni direct to explain and see what they say, I'm sure my GP would back me up if I needed him to, but it's still a worry that's been on my mind for a while!

Thanks so much again, I feel better for asking now :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summer241)
    I'm not sure how to multiquote, but thanks to both of you for replying!

I don't have any other psychiatric problems, definitely nothing that would endanger a patient! :eek:

I'm no longer in contact with any mental health professionals, I've been discharged from their services, it's simply a case of my GP monitoring me now to check everything is going well. They've allowed me to maintain at a low-ish BMI, as health-wise everything is fine so there would be no logical point (I dispise the BMI system, it's so inaccurate when applied to an individual!) but I'm scared they'll disagree.

I will contact the uni direct to explain and see what they say, I'm sure my GP would back me up if I needed him to, but it's still a worry that's been on my mind for a while!

Thanks so much again, I feel better for asking now :o:
    i haven't figured out the multi quote thing either haha!

i think my friend said that they only saw it as an issue if it was below 17 or 17.5 so depending on what you are might not even register?

i reckon if you've been discharged from mental health services then that would indicate that they feel your mental health is ok now so i would think that you'll be ok

I hope everything goes well

ReputationRep:
    Adult Nursing Diploma @
    University of Cumbria (Carlisle) - Havent Heard back
    Univeristy of Cumbria (Lancaster) - Havent Heard back
    Manchester Met - Interview 12th Jan
    Manchester University - Havent Heard back
    UCLAN - Interview - 20th Jan

Dreading my interviews arrghh, also a quick question, on UCAS Track under Manchester met i have "invitation" but under UCLAN nothing, even though they sent a letter with the interview details etc etc, any ideas? Also bit worried about not hearing back from Manchester and Ucum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConceptX)
    Adult Nursing Diploma @

Dreading my interviews arrghh, also a quick question, on UCAS Track under Manchester met i have "invitation" but under UCLAN nothing, even though they sent a letter with the interview details etc etc, any ideas? Also bit worried about not hearing back from Manchester and Ucum.
    i wouldn't worry too much about those you haven't heard back from as the universities will be being inundated atm with applications now its so close to the deadline and it will take them time to get through them all, no news is good news!

as for interviews, all of mine i found out about by post and nothing but eventual offers showed up on track, so don't worry about the fact that UCLANs interview doesn't appear on track, i'd say that manchester was more the odd one out for clearly being fancy enough to be able to tell you about interviews over track haha!

ReputationRep:
    Adult Nursing Diploma @

I was offered an interview by post but it never showed up on UCAS track, I don't think it matters, as long as you've got the letter. If/when they make a decision after the interview it'll definitely show up on track.

ReputationRep:
    Adult Nursing Diploma @

Hey, can I ask when you sent your application off?
    And how long was it between that and you heard from Manchester Met

Cheers
    AC

ReputationRep:
    Adult Nursing Diploma @

Each individual universities will let you know in due course some of the universities you have applied to u will hear quite soon from others will take longer its just the way it is.I still havnt heard from two universities that i applied to last october and still waitingyep:

ReputationRep:
    hi

i've applied to city university, kings collage, hertfordshire, middlesex and southbank to do mental health nursin

i've got an interview at city next week haven't heard from the others yet but i don't have my gcse certificates just the provisional ones. Will i need to get them or can i get away with just the provisionals. I don't know if this will make a difference but i'm also doing an access course at the moment so i think my offers will be based on the access course rather than the gcses.

ReputationRep:
    hi

sorry in reply to the last message i called them and they said i could get them but as i'm doing an access i can wait untill i get my results from the access course and they will go on that

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replys people, they helped

(Original post by angrychemist)
    Hey, can I ask when you sent your application off?
    And how long was it between that and you heard from Manchester Met

Cheers
    AC
    I sent it off at the end of November, and i heard from MMU around 2-3 weeks after i think, not sure i need to check on the letter...which ive also misplaced.....><

ReputationRep:
    I got invited to a selection day in Leeds on the 20th

I'm so happy now, it's been ages since I sent off my UCAS and I got two acknowledgements straight away then nothing. I thought I was going to end up with 5 straight rejections. Still heard absolutely nothing from Cumbria and Liverpool though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JulieP)
    I got invited to a selection day in Leeds on the 20th

I'm so happy now, it's been ages since I sent off my UCAS and I got two acknowledgements straight away then nothing. I thought I was going to end up with 5 straight rejections. Still heard absolutely nothing from Cumbria and Liverpool though.

Hey, one of my friends has applied for leeds to study nursing, she sent her UCAS at the end of October and is still waiting to hear from them. Is it rude of me to ask when you sent yours and what your grades are? If you don't want to answer don't worry but I just want to calm her down!!!!!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hardy_4_paws)
    Hey, one of my friends has applied for leeds to study nursing, she sent her UCAS at the end of October and is still waiting to hear from them. Is it rude of me to ask when you sent yours and what your grades are? If you don't want to answer don't worry but I just want to calm her down!!!!!

Thanks!
    I think it was 6th of December and I got BDDUU at AS.

ReputationRep:
    Wooo! Start my adult nursing course at Cov on Monday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicole.17)
    Wooo! Start my adult nursing course at Cov on Monday
    Congrats!!

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview at Bradford uni, I'm so nervous. Anyone got any tips?

ReputationRep:
    ive applied for child nursing at keele demontford birmingham city sheffield hallam and staffordshire but ive been really ill so my ucas hasnt been sent very long but have still not heard anthin off ucas to say its been sent!!! am really worried keep checkin ma emails all the time!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KirstyJane)
    ive applied for child nursing at keele demontford birmingham city sheffield hallam and staffordshire but ive been really ill so my ucas hasnt been sent very long but have still not heard anthin off ucas to say its been sent!!! am really worried keep checkin ma emails all the time!!
    Know how you feel , I sent mine off in November and have only heard from two! One rejection and one interview invite! Its awful waiting is'int it!

AC

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replys people, they helped

I sent it off at the end of November, and i heard from MMU around 2-3 weeks after i think, not sure i need to check on the letter...which ive also misplaced.....><
    Cheers for that

Heard from MMU today, they want a second reference, did they ask you for one before your interview invite?

thanks again
    AC

ReputationRep:
    I've applied at Nottingham, Cardiff, Swansea, Keele and York to do Children's Nursing.
    Nottingham sent me an interview - 25th Feb!
    York sent me a letter saying I won't hear from them again until the end of Feburary and I have aknowledgements from Keele and Swansea but heard nothing at all from Cardiff?!
    My UCAS has been sent for two months aswell.
    Is anyone else finding this waiting awful? Friends of mine doing nursing too have 5 interviews already!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.