Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview at Bradford and Salford on the same day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angrychemist)
    Cheers for that

Heard from MMU today, they want a second reference, did they ask you for one before your interview invite?

thanks again
    AC
    Hey, nah they havent asked for anything, i'd tell you about the interview if i could but i had to re-arrange it because of the weather so they sent me an email today with a new one for tues 8th feb.

So if anyone has had an interview at MMU or UCLAN for adult nursing please let me know what its like!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConceptX)
    Hey, nah they havent asked for anything, i'd tell you about the interview if i could but i had to re-arrange it because of the weather so they sent me an email today with a new one for tues 8th feb.

So if anyone has had an interview at MMU or UCLAN for adult nursing please let me know what its like!!
    Hey i had an interview at MMU in december

What happens is when you get there you have to put that question sheet they sent you in the post into an envelope, they will tell you and you are given a pack of inforamtion lol They they put a shortish film on that you watch about Nursing at MMU, you have a chance to ask a few questions i think.

After the film they will call people into the interviews, single interview. You are asked to read out the written assgiment they asked you to do in the letter you got sent before the interview. There are two people interviewing you and they ask like 3 questions each.

Questions like; Why to do want to come to MMU? What qualities do you think nurses need? There is also a situation based question i.e you are asked what you would do in a certain situation with a patient.

Oh yeah, all the people are really friendly too

Hope all that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx-Samantha-xx)
    Hey i had an interview at MMU in december

What happens is when you get there you have to put that question sheet they sent you in the post into an envelope, they will tell you and you are given a pack of inforamtion lol They they put a shortish film on that you watch about Nursing at MMU, you have a chance to ask a few questions i think.

After the film they will call people into the interviews, single interview. You are asked to read out the written assgiment they asked you to do in the letter you got sent before the interview. There are two people interviewing you and they ask like 3 questions each.

Questions like; Why to do want to come to MMU? What qualities do you think nurses need? There is also a situation based question i.e you are asked what you would do in a certain situation with a patient.

Oh yeah, all the people are really friendly too

Hope all that helps
    That really does help, thank you Doesnt sound too bad, so you have to read it out with the 2 people interviewing you not infront of the group?

Doesnt sound as daunting as i first thought However writing a 200 word essay is the hard part, its always harder to write shorter!

ReputationRep:
    Hello...
    Thought I'd join the thread and state my choices for 2010 adult nursing. Posted my application late November after coming to my momentus decision to leave teaching.

Nottingham DipNursing - acknowledged (Derby campus)
    Nottingham PGDip Nursing - acknowledged (Derby campus)
    Sheffield H DipNursing -
    Sheffield H PGDip Nursing
    Swansea BSc Nursing - Interview 3rd Feb

Just been reading through all the bumpf that comes with the interview, the only thing thats worrying me is the maths paper we have to sit :eek3:

Good luck to everyone

Ria

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConceptX)
    That really does help, thank you Doesnt sound too bad, so you have to read it out with the 2 people interviewing you not infront of the group?

Doesnt sound as daunting as i first thought However writing a 200 word essay is the hard part, its always harder to write shorter!
    Yeah its just the people who are interviewing you that you have to read it to I don't think it has to be exactly 200 words, just close enough because i think mine was over haha Have you been reading up on recent topics as well as they ask about that too if i am remembering correctly lol

ReputationRep:
    Got my selection day at Leeds tomorrow, I'm so nervous, it's my first choice. Fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    Heya, thought I'd add to the thread. I've applied for Adult Nursing in:

King's College London - nothing, not even an ancknowledgement e-mail. Bit worried!
    University of Edinburgh - acknowledged
    Univeristy of Glasgow - Interview 20th March
    University of Manchester - acknowledged
    University of Liverpool - acknowledged

As well as Queen's University, Belfast (they've an application outside of UCAS).
    I sent my UCAS off at the start of Jan and I know some people have got offers and interviews for KCL already (Well done, btw!), do you think I've missed the boat or that they haven't got around to my application? KCL's my top choice
    Good Luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sequinn)
    Heya, thought I'd add to the thread. I've applied for Adult Nursing in:

King's College London - nothing, not even an ancknowledgement e-mail. Bit worried!
    University of Edinburgh - acknowledged
    Univeristy of Glasgow - Interview 20th March
    University of Manchester - acknowledged
    University of Liverpool - acknowledged

As well as Queen's University, Belfast (they've an application outside of UCAS).
    I sent my UCAS off at the start of Jan and I know some people have got offers and interviews for KCL already (Well done, btw!), do you think I've missed the boat or that they haven't got around to my application? KCL's my top choice
    Good Luck to everyone!
    Don't worry about it! I didn't get any kind of acknowledgement from Kings until I got the letter about my interview- it takes a while think it was about 1 month before I heard but I can't really remember!
    Good Luck btw,
    x

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

I applied at the beginning of last week for Adult Nursing at:

BSc Adult nursing - UWE Swindon Campus
    BSc Adult nursing - Oxford Brookes Swindon Campus
    BSc Adult nursing - Oxford Brookes
    BSc Adult nursing - University of Surrey
    BSc Adult nursing - Thames Valley University

UWE and Surrey have acknowledged by email but nothing from anyone else as yet [crossing fingers]. Strangely, I am getting the same email from Surrey every day to say that my application is being considered.

I'm hoping that all of the uni's will get in contact via email as I'm in Afghanistan and can't rely on post getting out to me quickly. UWE say that they try to respond in 14 days to applications, which is good to know as the wait is killing me!!!

All the best to everyone...

C

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Children's nursing degrees at
    Hertfordshire- Acknowledgement.
    De Montfort- Acknowledgement.
    Bournemouth.
    UEA.
    Salford.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm a graduate applicant and have applied for Adult Nursing diploma at the following:

King's College - graduate diploma
    City - graduate diploma
    Kingston - graduate diploma
    LSB - 3-year diploma
    Middlesex - 3-year diploma

I only submitted my UCAS app on 12th January, Middlesex have acknowledged me but I think I've missed the boat with the grad diplomas and am being a bit of a pessimist with regards to the other courses, but I hope to get in somewhere even if it is through Clearing!

ReputationRep:
    Hey i'm applying for the Degree course in Child Nursing this year at:

Uni of Worcester - Unsuccessful
    Uni of Wolverhampton - Interview 3rd Feb
    Sheffield Hallam Uni - Acknowledged
    Birmingham City Uni - Not Heard
    Keele Uni - Not Heard

Anyone applied to any of the same? or child nursing?

ReputationRep:
    I have an unconditional offer for Kings Mental Health Nursing Diploma (purely for the larger bursary, will change to the degree in the second year hopefully)
    Is anybody else going to Kings?
    Em
    x

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for adult nursing at nottingham, de montfort, manchester and conventry, but I haven't heard anything except aknowledgment from manchester and de montfort. I'm a bit worried that no one's gotten back to me at all, I applied on 09/12. I'm hoping that no news is good news. Can anyone give me any reassurance as I'm going crazy waiting??

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Adult Nursing Diploma at Plymouth University. I was wondering if anyone who has also applied to Plymouth has heard back yet.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

I've heard from all my unis regardng interviews and stuff -

Bournemouth - Unsuccessful
    Cardiff - Unsuccessful
    Edge Hill - Had interview 16th Jan, waiting to hear whether i got an offer or not
    Sheffield Hallam - Interview this saturday (23rd Jan )
    University Campus Suffolk - Interview 12th March

I didn't like Edge Hill so top choice is now Sheffield Hallam, then UCS. UCS is in my home town (Ipswich) so staying at home if SHU doesn't work out lol

ReputationRep:
    I just checked my King's college myapplication thing - got an unconditional offer! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelb8906)
    ive got my interview for Northumbria this coming Wednesday!
    then two weeks today (28th Nov) I have my Sheffield Hallam selection day!
    Ive heard from Cumbria too, but my interview there isnt until the 6th Jan....so quite a long wait!
    Hiya, what did you have to do on your Hallam interview? And what did you get asked? I've got mine on Saturday, kinda nervous lol

thanks bry xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cwood88)
    Hi there!

I applied at the beginning of last week for Adult Nursing at:

BSc Adult nursing - UWE Swindon Campus
    BSc Adult nursing - Oxford Brookes Swindon Campus
    BSc Adult nursing - Oxford Brookes
    BSc Adult nursing - University of Surrey
    BSc Adult nursing - Thames Valley University

UWE and Surrey have acknowledged by email but nothing from anyone else as yet [crossing fingers]. Strangely, I am getting the same email from Surrey every day to say that my application is being considered.

I'm hoping that all of the uni's will get in contact via email as I'm in Afghanistan and can't rely on post getting out to me quickly. UWE say that they try to respond in 14 days to applications, which is good to know as the wait is killing me!!!

All the best to everyone...

C
    Hi, I've applied for Adult nursing at UWE and Oxford Brookes Swindon campuses too

My application went mid-November but I've still not heard a thing from either! My friend was asking me today about the 14-day response from UWE, I'm assuming it means after the deadline for applications?

Good luck, hopefully see you there! :woo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.