Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BryBee)
    Hiya, what did you have to do on your Hallam interview? And what did you get asked? I've got mine on Saturday, kinda nervous lol

thanks bry xx
    Sorry, I got an offer for Northumbria which was my first choice so I withdrew my application for Hallam!
    Im sure theres a thread on here about Hallam interviews though
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xemmalouise16x)
    I have an unconditional offer for Kings Mental Health Nursing Diploma (purely for the larger bursary, will change to the degree in the second year hopefully)
    Is anybody else going to Kings?
    Em
    x
    I'm going to Kings! Very excited, have you out Kings as you’re firm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashley090)
    Hi!
    My friend has just applied for that course and I decided to do a bit of research for her lol. If you don't mind me asking :-
    What were your predicted grades?
    When did you apply?
    Did you have an interview?

Ash
    im starting childs nursing in Cardiff in march 2010 x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summer241)
    Hi, I've applied for Adult nursing at UWE and Oxford Brookes Swindon campuses too

My application went mid-November but I've still not heard a thing from either! My friend was asking me today about the 14-day response from UWE, I'm assuming it means after the deadline for applications?

Good luck, hopefully see you there! :woo:
    Good luck too! Hope that the decisions come through soon...

I have just made a last minute change to my application. I have substituted TVU for Southampton. I discounted Southampton orignally because of the distance from home without realising that part of the course can be done at Basingstoke; only 20 mins up the road from home - I feel like such an idiot for missing that gem of info originally . Hopefully changing it before the 22nd deadline has to count for something?!?

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I've just recently completed my application (14th Jan ) as I applied independently so was waiting for reference.

I've applied for Mental Health Nursing at:

Swansea Uni
    Uni of Brighton
    UEA (Norwich)
    UWE (Bristol)
    De Montfort

I've had acknowledgements from UWE and De Montfort but not heard anything else. I really want Swansea! Is anyone else at Swansea or applied for it?

ReputationRep:
    Im 21 and starting at UWE doing mental health nursing in september 2010.
    (started there in 07 doing childrens nursing but pulled out)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elzxx)
    Im 21 and starting at UWE doing mental health nursing in september 2010.
    (started there in 07 doing childrens nursing but pulled out)
    hm really what made you change? People Ive met doing childrens nursing say they love it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JulieP)
    Got my selection day at Leeds tomorrow, I'm so nervous, it's my first choice. Fingers crossed.
    Morning,

Howd your selection day go?

Can I ask the time between you submiting your application to UCAS and hearing from leeds?

Cheers AC

ReputationRep:
    :woo: I have a conditional offer from King's!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by live.laugh.love)
    :woo: I have a conditional offer from King's!!
    Ah well done! I have an offer from Kings too, very exciting! Is it going to be your firm choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flower10)
    Ah well done! I have an offer from Kings too, very exciting! Is it going to be your firm choice?
    Congrats too! and yeah I'm pretty sure it's going to be my firm.. I'm so excited now

ReputationRep:
    Applied, offered and confirmed Sheffield Hallam, sept '10 for Mental Health Nursing A.Dip

ReputationRep:
    omg! had a greenwich interview for childrens nursing yesterday!! and i had a phone call this morning offering me a place! saying the details should be on ucas tomorrow! arrgghh so exciting! cant believe i got a place espesh for childrens nursing i was expecting no offers!! x

hull-still waiting
    brighton- unsuccesful
    keele-still waiting!!!!
    greenwich- offer!!
    york- unsuccesful

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've applied for Coventry, Liverpool, Dundee,Stirling and Glasgow for the BN Nursing but have had no eplies to date.....hoping no news is good news. Does any1 know if you can get a mature student bursary?

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for an Adult Nursing degree
    Surrey - Interview TOMORROW AAAHH!
    Canterbury Christ Church - Interview 24th Feb
    Southampton - Awaiting reply
    Brighton - Awaiting reply
    Kings - Awaiting reply

Actually so nervous about my interviews!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angrychemist)
    Morning,

Howd your selection day go?

Can I ask the time between you submiting your application to UCAS and hearing from leeds?

Cheers AC
    I sent it on 9th December and got a reply around 15th of January.
    And, got an offer today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JulieP)
    I sent it on 9th December and got a reply around 15th of January.
    And, got an offer today!

hello congratz :] I got a conditional offer for leeds uni too... I spent a week thinking i failed the maths test lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katvond)
    I'm applying for an Adult Nursing degree
    Surrey - Interview TOMORROW AAAHH!
    Canterbury Christ Church - Interview 24th Feb
    Southampton - Awaiting reply
    Brighton - Awaiting reply
    Kings - Awaiting reply

Actually so nervous about my interviews!
    Good luck at the Surrey interview (well - all of them of course). Would love to know how you got on and what it entailed. Surrey is one of my options but as yet I've still not heard from anyone... arghhh!

ReputationRep:
    Hey the Surrey interview was actually ok.
    Just the standard Numeracy and Literacy test to start you off, both of which are pretty easy, then they give a presentation about the university and more information about what the course entails (whether it be diploma or degree).
    Then the one to one interview in the afternoon was like 8 or 9 questions just typical 'What attracted you to Nursing', 'What could you bring to the NHS', 'What do you think is the biggest problem facing the NHS at the moment' are a few I was asked.
    Then I went home haha, I could have stuck around to see the labs and stuff but I was really tired.
    Heard back from Brighton today aswell, got an interview for March yay!

ReputationRep:
    what does the numeracy and literary exam consist off :woo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.