Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've seen that some of you have withdrawn from applications and was wondering kind of how and why, if anyone wouldn't mind sharing.

I've had an offer from my 1st choice which I'm definately going to firm, but on Monday there's an interview for Northumbria which is my 5th choice and will cost me about £100 to get there. I've got interviews for 3rd & 4th choice coming up too, could I just withdraw from Northumbria? I don't have any intention of going there even if I did get an offer.

ReputationRep:
    Leeds met interview tomorrow! Any last second tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JulieP)
    I've seen that some of you have withdrawn from applications and was wondering kind of how and why, if anyone wouldn't mind sharing.

I've had an offer from my 1st choice which I'm definitely going to firm, but on Monday there's an interview for Northumbria which is my 5th choice and will cost me about £100 to get there. I've got interviews for 3rd & 4th choice coming up too, could I just withdraw from Northumbria? I don't have any intention of going there even if I did get an offer.
    Either call up Northumbria uni and ask them to withdraw your application. Or you can log unto UCAS Track and just withdraw your Northumbria choice by clicking on the course code by it and clicking 'cancel choice' towards the bottom left..

ReputationRep:
    AAAH Just got an Unconditional offer from Surrey!
    I was only interviewed yesterday that was quick!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katvond)
    AAAH Just got an Unconditional offer from Surrey!
    I was only interviewed yesterday that was quick!
    Congratulations. That was really quick.

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional from Leeds met!!

Well looking forward to it, going to be really frustrating working as a HCA for the next nine months.

Just need to find some money now, nhs bursarys not nearly enough, how are you supposed to live on three and a half grand a year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angrychemist)
    Unconditional from Leeds met!!

Well looking forward to it, going to be really frustrating working as a HCA for the next nine months.

Just need to find some money now, nhs bursarys not nearly enough, how are you supposed to live on three and a half grand a year!
    Congrats on your offer!

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelb8906)
    Congrats on your offer!

xx
    Thanks

Got an interview an Hull next month! 3rd March! its my first choice!!

ReputationRep:
    I've only applied for three universities to study the advanced diploma in adult nursing (done the advanced diploma cos of the money, hope to switch further into the course)...

Southampton Uni- had interview, still waiting to hear back. My first choice (if I get in, but I'm doubtful)
    Also applied to do the PGDip in adult nursing there but they haven't contacted me about it...
    Cardiff Uni- still waiting to hear back...
    Bournemouth- conditional offer (based on references and stuff seeing as I already have my a-levels and a previous degree)

aghhh I hate waiting!!

ReputationRep:
    Evening anyone got interview experiance of Hull? Adult Nursing?

ReputationRep:
    Hey any advice on the Application day at Leeds Met for nursing??
    Like - do you get an interview? any tests/group discussions? do you find out if you get a place on the day?
    Congrats on the place angry chemist btw!
    Going on Monday so would be very greatful for a reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donna1000)
    Hey any advice on the Application day at Leeds Met for nursing??
    Like - do you get an interview? any tests/group discussions? do you find out if you get a place on the day?
    Congrats on the place angry chemist btw!
    Going on Monday so would be very greatful for a reply
    thank you

don't worry your 99% likley to get an offer everyone on my day did. There's no interviews, just talks and a campus tour. It
    more or less 'you turn up and you get an offer' . So don't worry!

You adult health btw?
    Where else you applied to?
    You local?

ReputationRep:
    thank you

don't worry your 99% likley to get an offer everyone on my day did. There's no interviews, just talks and a campus tour. It

You adult health btw?
    You local?

I loved Leeds Met Uni!! I went there for 3 months but was doing Nutrition. Loved the place just not the course!

ReputationRep:
    hey

i've got a conditional offer for mental health nursing diploma at city soooo glad to have at least one offer. Have an interview at kings on tuesday and southbank on thursday also have one at middlesex for the 16th. Has anyone had one at kings how was it tbh this is the one thats causing me the most worry and stress

ReputationRep:
    thank you

You adult health btw?
    You local?
    Oh good thats a relief it would be a good start . I have applied to Hull, Salsbury and Shefield also, you?
    Hull is my first choice I think. No I'm not local i'm from Durham so should be a fun drive down tomorow lol.
    Oh and another thing did you just wear casual clothes or interview clothes?
    Yea adult health.
    Thanks for your reply angychemist

ReputationRep:
    I applied for mental health diploma at Plymouth (Taunton campus)....anybody else applied there or heard back? I've had acknowledgment but thats it....really hope i get accepted.:o:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, anyone else going to York?
    I've got an unconditional to start Mental Health Nursing in October

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donna1000)
    Oh good thats a relief it would be a good start . I have applied to Hull, Salsbury and Shefield also, you?
    Hull is my first choice I think. No I'm not local i'm from Durham so should be a fun drive down tomorow lol.
    Oh and another thing did you just wear casual clothes or interview clothes?
    Yea adult health.
    Thanks for your reply angychemist
    Applied to Leeds Manchester Met Leeds Met York and Hull
    Hull is also my first choice lol, im from there.
    I wore a suit but all the girls were in smart casual.
    Got my interview on third March for hull, paper work says its a proper half hour interview with an academic member of staff and a health care professional.

mind if i ask if your a school leaver?
    AC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FudgeStick)
    Hey, I'm a graduate applicant and have applied for Adult Nursing diploma at the following:

King's College - graduate diploma
    City - graduate diploma
    Kingston - graduate diploma
    LSB - 3-year diploma
    Middlesex - 3-year diploma

I only submitted my UCAS app on 12th January, Middlesex have acknowledged me but I think I've missed the boat with the grad diplomas and am being a bit of a pessimist with regards to the other courses, but I hope to get in somewhere even if it is through Clearing!
    Hey, Ive applied for Kings graduate entry nursing too, have you heard about an interview yet? Mine is next wednesday, not sure if ill get anywhere though, ive got a totally unrelated degree with only a bit of experience! what is your degree in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samesame)
    Hey, Ive applied for Kings graduate entry nursing too, have you heard about an interview yet? Mine is next wednesday, not sure if ill get anywhere though, ive got a totally unrelated degree with only a bit of experience! what is your degree in?
    I have an interview on the 10th! I'm doing a Psychology degree, but I have no care experience. Bit nervous about it tbh, but if they invite you to interview then you're already shortlisted so it's not all bad

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.