Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angrychemist)
    Hey ive got my leeds interview next week, any advice/tips?

Cheers
    AC
    Hiya i didnt actually have an interview they just showed us round, we had a presentation the only thing we were there for was the maths test (all pretty easy) and to give them our documents. They sent me back the reply within two days aswell

good luck

ReputationRep:
    I'm so very excited!

I put down LSBU March intake for Havering as my firm choice and King's college as my insurance choice!

ReputationRep:
    Well I applied for adult nursing to Cardiff, Glamorgan, Bangor, Birmingham and Nottingham.
    A levels are
    Biology B
    Psychology B
    English Literature B
    Critical thinking A

As level in Law C

In my first year of Psychology BSc at Birmingham uni and working around the level of a 2:1

Experience of 6months working full time as a support worker in a residential home for people with physical disabilities, a summer in Canada working as a camp counsellor with a group of kids including a couple with autism and ADHD, time spent shadowing and volunteering with a local Speech and Language therapist and a year spent working in a riding stables for people with disability.

Got a phonecall from Glamorgan yesterday and a similar call from Bangor today both offering me an interview to fill a couple of spare places in their March intake, but there's no way I could manage to sort moving out that quickly as I rent a house with my bf so we'd have to fidn andsecure a new place to live and he needs to sort a job transfer so just having to come to terms with the news that the admissions tutor from Bangor just gave me that I may well be looking at starting next year as unfortunately there's a lot of people in front of me to be interviewed for September this year (my application only got sent on Jan 10th).
    Still waiting to hear from the rest, I'm thinking if I get a smilar call from Cardiff then I may well just grab the chance as I have a friend I could stay with while I sort stuff out.

BUT I shall take the good from these phonecalls, at least I am on their interview list, so my application must have been alright, and checking UCAS I haven't been rejected by any of them, so there's hope yet

ReputationRep:
    Hiya i was just wondering if anyone has heard back from cardiff, bangor or uwe for child nursing yet?

I filled out a biographical questionaire for uwe last week but havnt heard anything yet.

Would really appreciate it if anyone could tell me if they have heard anything yet.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wannabenurse)
    Just accepted an unconditional offer from City University London for Adult Nursing.

HAPPY! :woo:
    ooh congrats!
    i applied to City too ..still waiting
    how did you recieve unconditional? are you in the same boat as me and have already done your exams? no interview, no nothing??

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting at York in March this year, doing mental health nursing. Only had my interview last week! Is anyone else starting at York soon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xemmalouise16x)
    I have an unconditional offer for Kings Mental Health Nursing Diploma (purely for the larger bursary, will change to the degree in the second year hopefully)
    Is anybody else going to Kings?
    Em
    x
    dear xemmalouise16x

Well done on getting a place!
    I had my selection day for MHN accelerated diploma on 10th feb, am waiting for decision. They said there are 39 places available, should find out if I got a place next week.

When was your selection day, and how did you find it?

Best wishes
    FrankBruno

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview at Oxford Brookes on Monday, I feel so unprepared! Does anyone have any advice or tips? I would really appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have applied to study Adult Nursing (Dip) at London South Bank Univeristy, Middlesex University and City University. Mental Health Nursing at Greenwich and Hertfordhire.

Now the problem I am facing is that when I am requested to go and sit an interview, what sort of interview questions will they be asking? I am aware that all the universities I have applied to go all requrire an entrace examiniation, english and maths, are they hard to pass, and what is it to standard GCSE?

Thank, please reply quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiStYfire~)
    hm really what made you change? People Ive met doing childrens nursing say they love it.

Because i wanted to work with people with mental health needs all along but really wanted to work with children, so i weighed it up and went for childrens nursing. My heart was really in mental health though (i have alot of personal experience here!) so i will finally be re-starting but for mental health x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxbee22xx)
    I Applied For Mental Health Nursing Diploma
    where have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelcatuk)
    Well I applied for adult nursing to Cardiff, Glamorgan, Bangor, Birmingham and Nottingham.
    A levels are
    Biology B
    Psychology B
    English Literature B
    Critical thinking A

As level in Law C

In my first year of Psychology BSc at Birmingham uni and working around the level of a 2:1

Experience of 6months working full time as a support worker in a residential home for people with physical disabilities, a summer in Canada working as a camp counsellor with a group of kids including a couple with autism and ADHD, time spent shadowing and volunteering with a local Speech and Language therapist and a year spent working in a riding stables for people with disability.

Got a phonecall from Glamorgan yesterday and a similar call from Bangor today both offering me an interview to fill a couple of spare places in their March intake, but there's no way I could manage to sort moving out that quickly as I rent a house with my bf so we'd have to fidn andsecure a new place to live and he needs to sort a job transfer so just having to come to terms with the news that the admissions tutor from Bangor just gave me that I may well be looking at starting next year as unfortunately there's a lot of people in front of me to be interviewed for September this year (my application only got sent on Jan 10th).
    Still waiting to hear from the rest, I'm thinking if I get a smilar call from Cardiff then I may well just grab the chance as I have a friend I could stay with while I sort stuff out.

BUT I shall take the good from these phonecalls, at least I am on their interview list, so my application must have been alright, and checking UCAS I haven't been rejected by any of them, so there's hope yet
    have you heard from birmingham yet?

ReputationRep:
    Anglia Ruskin Adult Nursing (DipHE, BSc or ODP dont know yet) I will be 25 so one of the middleaged! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahfarmer12)
    have you heard from birmingham yet?
    Nope, just double checked ucas and no word from any of them.
    This wait is driving me mad! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Nope, just double checked ucas and no word from any of them.
    This wait is driving me mad! :eek3:
    have you had your interview then?

ReputationRep:
    Has any one heard from Kings or surrey, they are taking their sweet ass time with me!

ReputationRep:
    Salford rejected me :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting in 5 WEEKS ahhh!
    Anyone else starting in March?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahfarmer12)
    have you had your interview then?
    Nope, no interviews, no rejections, just silence all round at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, no interviews, no rejections, just silence all round at the moment.
    Ohh
    They get back to you fairly quick once you have your interview so hopefully you won't be waiting to long for an interview date. Let me know if you hear anything

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.