Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summer241)
    I have an offer from Oxford Brookes, conditional on passing my Access course! :woo: 3 days after my interview, that was quick!
    well done Summer241 good luck with that:woo: .I have already passed my Access course and only need the maths qualification which i am currently doing at the mo.I am also waiting on UCAS Extra to start as well :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holamigo)
    I'm starting in 5 WEEKS ahhh!
    Anyone else starting in March?
    I bet u cant wait now Holamigo good luck with ur nurse training i am sure u will do well:yep: .I am just waiting for extra to start and shortlisted my choices down to 3 now as extra as u know Holamigo only allows u to apply to one university at a time:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Yay, Got a letter yesterday,

BSc Honours Nursing (Adult) – Sep 2010 Anglia Ruskin, Interview 26th May.

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZakBrannigan)
    I bet u cant wait now Holamigo good luck with ur nurse training i am sure u will do well:yep: .I am just waiting for extra to start and shortlisted my choices down to 3 now as extra as u know Holamigo only allows u to apply to one university at a time:yep:

Ohh...What happened to your other choices & interviews?

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to do child's nursing, the degree :

Sheffield Hallam: conditional offer- 200 points- first choice.
    Leeds uni: conditional offer- 3 c's- insurace choice.
    Demontford: Conditional offer- 240 points- don't want to go here.
    Nottingham uni: Got an interview, going to cancel, as deffo don't want to go there.
    Ocford brookes- rejected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZakBrannigan)
    well done Summer241 good luck with that:woo: .I have already passed my Access course and only need the maths qualification which i am currently doing at the mo.I am also waiting on UCAS Extra to start as well :yep:
    Thank you! Best of luck with yours too, I'm sure you'll do great :yep: eeek it's so exciting!

ReputationRep:
    Well done!

ReputationRep:
    hello all,
    im due to start at Edge Hill uni 12th april 2010....iv recieved a letter this morning sayin that the course has been cancelled and that iv been deffered onto the sept start date instead !..they say that it is due to lack of funding from the Strategic health authority !!...is this normal ??...and is it likely to happen again ....im only glad that i havent handed in my notice in work !!..do they often do this ?????

regards
    jo

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview on the 10th of March. I'm also wondering what kind of things they'll be asking. If no one get back to you before then, I will let you know as soon as I get back from mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joannemc3)
    hello all,
    im due to start at Edge Hill uni 12th april 2010....iv recieved a letter this morning sayin that the course has been cancelled and that iv been deffered onto the sept start date instead !..they say that it is due to lack of funding from the Strategic health authority !!...is this normal ??...and is it likely to happen again ....im only glad that i havent handed in my notice in work !!..do they often do this ?????

regards
    jo
    I doubt it would happen for you again. There has been 25% extra applicatants this year and funding is a bit tight, so a lot of students are going to be disappointed. I wouldn't worry about being deffered to September, your place for September will be guarenteed due to already having a place anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Mines on the 10th aswell lol, dont know why ive put the 11th. Thank you though. Do you have any ideas weather its going to be a group interview or if they are going to want us to do a maths or english test? I hope not!

ReputationRep:
    i know ur right in what ur sayin....but im sooooo dissapointed !!....an find it shocking that they can do this 7 wks before the courses was due to start !!!...iv just applied for my bursary and student loans etc !!..its all such a pain !!...not really sure were i stand with regardds to those forms now?...will i have to complete new ones for sept ?...ohhhh what a nightmare ......they actually say in the letter that they are cancelling the whole of the april programme...so dont think its just me an a few extra students !!

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have an interview on Wednesday for Adult Nursing dip. Any tips? I know a few people have said you have to talk about a hot topic in the NHS at the moment but realy dontknow what to talk about?! Any ideas? Thanks Xx

ReputationRep:
    Woop! i have all my offers!!

Birmingham - BBC
    Leeds - CCC
    Manchester - BCC
    UEA - BCC
    City - declined after interview letter came (didnt really want to go there)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jane1990)
    Hi

I have an interview on Wednesday for Adult Nursing dip. Any tips? I know a few people have said you have to talk about a hot topic in the NHS at the moment but realy dontknow what to talk about?! Any ideas? Thanks Xx
    i spoke about the change in diploma to degree at mine which was kind of relevant (although they asked me about general health news), have a look at the BBC health news page that gave me quite a few ideas to talk about. When they ask you about a topic give two opinions to the idea (shows you can relate to what other people are thinking etc..). Also have a look at other news because i know someone who got asked whether they knew anything about other news.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Hi

As mentioned earlier, the phasing out of the diploma is a good topic. It also shows you've done your homework on the course you're applying for, the positives/negatives of it being a degree-only career.

I was asked about my understanding of the role of an adult nurse, we were in a small group and took it in turns. Someone sat there are read from notes they'd printed off the internet :eek: definitely don't do that, the interviewer's faces were a picture!

I said you look at a patient as a person rather than a condition, you have to look at their homelife and background, as that could have a huge impact on their condition/general health, you have to play social worker sometimes as well as medical practitioner. Also focus a lot on communicating with people at all levels, working together as a team, as well as using your own initiative.

Speak from the heart, don't necessarily memorise lines. But taking hand-written (in your own words) prompt notes are fine, a few people did that in my interview and were praised for their preparation skills! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Summer and Cheryl thats realy helped me.

I will def speak about the diploma/degree (sorry im being a copy cat ha)
    I was thinking about talking about the easier access to chlamidia testing on young people, not that im an expert but ive noticed this on the news a lot. Do you think thats ok? God i hope I dont sound like a weirdo! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx-Samantha-xx)
    Hey i had an interview at MMU in december

What happens is when you get there you have to put that question sheet they sent you in the post into an envelope, they will tell you and you are given a pack of inforamtion lol They they put a shortish film on that you watch about Nursing at MMU, you have a chance to ask a few questions i think.

After the film they will call people into the interviews, single interview. You are asked to read out the written assgiment they asked you to do in the letter you got sent before the interview. There are two people interviewing you and they ask like 3 questions each.

Questions like; Why to do want to come to MMU? What qualities do you think nurses need? There is also a situation based question i.e you are asked what you would do in a certain situation with a patient.

Oh yeah, all the people are really friendly too

Hope all that helps
    Hey ! I had my interview at MMU on the 9th February I believe.. and what a nice place ! they made us do the putting the self declaration into the envelope thing too, then.. before the film even started the dude (who was quite a looker I have to say) told the room that 2500 people had applied for the course and that only 140 people were going to be able to start the course, so I'm even more nervous... But my interviewer's couldnt have been any lovelier, a bald guy with glasses and this other chap !

Anyway... they asked me to read out my essay that I'd prepared, which although it was only 300 or so words, seemed to take an awful long time to get out. They then asked me 3 questions each, for example.. how I planned on coping with assignments and to name something you have seen in the media that relates to health and why this is important.. I explained about the MRSA virus. Its probably best to read up on what it actually is...

I'm writing an awful lot I know, anyway... they said we would hear back within 7 days in writing and 3 days via UCAS, so on the 3rd day I checked UCAS like every minute and still nothing, by the 9th day I'd lost hope that they even knew who I was, let alone that I'd been accepted until friday morning I get a phonecall from a lovely woman at admissions asking me if I wanted to start in March rather than September (I explained I didn't) within an hour I got an email from UCAS stating that my application status had changed, and low and behold...

I got an unconditional offer to start September 1st..
    I'm just terrified now, that I'll know no-one, and the cost of accomodation is a right bummer... 106.19pppw at best!

Did you get accepted and if so... where you planning on staying?!

ESSAY FINISHED !

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Summer and Cheryl thats realy helped me.

I will def speak about the diploma/degree (sorry im being a copy cat ha)
    I was thinking about talking about the easier access to chlamidia testing on young people, not that im an expert but ive noticed this on the news a lot. Do you think thats ok? God i hope I dont sound like a weirdo! X
    No not weird at all! It's relevant as you're young too and it's something that's been in the media a lot recently.

I still feel a bit *eeek* :o: and embarrassed when discussing about topics like that, I guess as a nurse you really have to be mature and get over it!

It's going to be so hard keeping a straight face when someone presents with a highly embarrassing problem I'm sure after a while we'll become desensitised to it, lol.

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview at Bradford today. I am scared!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.