Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kitty_x)
    I have an interview at Bradford today. I am scared!!
    Hey!!! Good luck, just be confident in your ability and if you've done your research, i'm sure you'll be fine !

ReputationRep:
    I think it's going to be a group interview followed by an individual one. But I'm not a 100%. It didn't mention anything about a test in the letter I received but I've been talking to past students and they mentioned a test when they got intereviewd so I don't know. I hope not either. Maths and english aren't my favourite subjects.

ReputationRep:
    i have a coventry interview for childrens nursing on 6th march .
    How did the other interviews go at coventry ?? x

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview at Bradford today. I am scared!!
    oooh good luck! Let us know how you get on

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, that gives me abit more of an idea of what to expect. I had an interview with cardiff last year and they told me in the letter that we had a test so im hoping that coz it didnt mention one that we dont have one lol. Fingers crossed i can only hope.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alisvolatpropriis)
    Diploma I need the money he he. I sent off my application on the 22nd December still heard nothing! King is my first choice, so I am extremely anxious..

can you give me some tips of kings and southhampton. Many thanks!
    I've not heard back from my interview for southampton yet but there wasn't a one to one interview, it was all group activities so make sure you are quite vocal but respectful of other peoples opinions and just do your homework about the nhs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starryeyed.)
    I was also there that day I got a rejection though! It's a shame because the staff are really nice aren't they. Well done on your offer
    Awww, did you see me?! Grey Jumper, Glasses? Mincing?! :P! HAHA I joke.. well maybe not...

I met a girl there on the day from Portsmouth, she was really lovely ! So I kinda felt really comfortable, the building as well is so old and smells lovely, reminds me of my primary school.

They did say that they had alot of interest in the course so I wouldn't beat yourself up to much, just keep looking forward. Your future is there for the taking, just grab it !

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview on Friday and i'm worrying about it.
    They're going to ask me why i want to do nursing and children's nursing specifically and i can answer the children's bit, but when i think of what to say for the nursing bit i panic, my mind goes blank and i sit thinking why.
    And i know why, but it's a rather long winded explanation and just alot of experiences i've had which brought me to the decision and i don't know how to answer that question shorter and make it make sense and not just waffle on to find i may have not answered it correctly. That question in particular is just worrying me.

Also does anyone a good place to look for up to date things related to nursing or children's nursing that i should be aware of.

ReputationRep:
    UEA: Acknowledged
    Herts: Acknowledged
    Bournemouth: Interview- Friday 26th
    De Montfort: Acknowledged
    Salford: Acknowledged

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelb8906)
    oooh good luck! Let us know how you get on

xxx
    Thanks and Harryh711 also.

I found this interview really good to be honest, we had a presentation at first to show us what the course was about and how it was split up. There was only about 7 of us so it was really relaxed and the two ladies interviewing were really nice.

Then we all sat in a circle and we had scenarios under our chair and we took turns to read it out to the group and discuss it as a group. Examples where 'What would you do if a child wanted to tell you a secret' and 'Why do you want to be a children's nurse'.

Then at the end we had to answer four questions on how the introduction to the course was, how the interview went and two others on supporting info, then we had about 12 simple maths questions to do.

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview for Surrey! yay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alisvolatpropriis)
    I've got an interview for Surrey! yay
    Congratulations!

Has anyone had an interview at Liverpool yet? I've got one this week and am so, so nervous.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks and Harryh711 also.

I found this interview really good to be honest, we had a presentation at first to show us what the course was about and how it was split up. There was only about 7 of us so it was really relaxed and the two ladies interviewing were really nice.

Then we all sat in a circle and we had scenarios under our chair and we took turns to read it out to the group and discuss it as a group. Examples where 'What would you do if a child wanted to tell you a secret' and 'Why do you want to be a children's nurse'.

Then at the end we had to answer four questions on how the introduction to the course was, how the interview went and two others on supporting info, then we had about 12 simple maths questions to do.
    Sounds like it went well then!
    Did they say how long you'll have to wait to find out??

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emluca123)
    I have an interview on Friday and i'm worrying about it.
    They're going to ask me why i want to do nursing and children's nursing specifically and i can answer the children's bit, but when i think of what to say for the nursing bit i panic, my mind goes blank and i sit thinking why.
    And i know why, but it's a rather long winded explanation and just alot of experiences i've had which brought me to the decision and i don't know how to answer that question shorter and make it make sense and not just waffle on to find i may have not answered it correctly. That question in particular is just worrying me.

Also does anyone a good place to look for up to date things related to nursing or children's nursing that i should be aware of.

The nurses soc really isn't the place to ask this! If you look around the forum there are loads of threads about this with plenty of information

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summer241)
    No not weird at all! It's relevant as you're young too and it's something that's been in the media a lot recently.

I still feel a bit *eeek* :o: and embarrassed when discussing about topics like that, I guess as a nurse you really have to be mature and get over it!

It's going to be so hard keeping a straight face when someone presents with a highly embarrassing problem I'm sure after a while we'll become desensitised to it, lol.
    Haha I know! I hope I dont go all red a giggle when I talk about it haha X

ReputationRep:
    Hey all

thought i'd join the banter...
    I've just confirmed my offer from Sheffield Hallam - need 200 points (already got 130) so its looking good.
    good thing it was my first choice as i got rejected from the other 4 unis
    (UWE, Brighton, S'hampton and bournemouth.)

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harryh711)
    Awww, did you see me?! Grey Jumper, Glasses? Mincing?! :P! HAHA I joke.. well maybe not...

I met a girl there on the day from Portsmouth, she was really lovely ! So I kinda felt really comfortable, the building as well is so old and smells lovely, reminds me of my primary school.

They did say that they had alot of interest in the course so I wouldn't beat yourself up to much, just keep looking forward. Your future is there for the taking, just grab it !
    I think I remember you actually lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starryeyed.)
    I think I remember you actually lol :p:
    OMG!!! EMBARASSING :P!
    I dont usually dress like im going to a bloody funeral!!!
    Who was your interview with in the end?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harryh711)
    OMG!!! EMBARASSING :P!
    I dont usually dress like im going to a bloody funeral!!!
    Who was your interview with in the end?!
    Me neither!! Hmm it was the man who gave the presentation and another woman, can't remember her name. I was one of the first to go in

ReputationRep:
    hi all
    ive applied for child nursing at b,ham uni has anyone else just want to know what the interviews are like

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.