Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alisvolatpropriis)
    I'm torn...I dont know if should apply for LSB or Essex. The reputation for LSB is awful....argh help
    Someone I know is at LSB studying Nursing and I was asking her about it the other day and she was saying she really likes it and its really nice and all the staff are really helpful and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahmx)
    Someone I know is at LSB studying Nursing and I was asking her about it the other day and she was saying she really likes it and its really nice and all the staff are really helpful and stuff.

Thats good i am abit at ease now. I just feel that bcos of the area is rough, i wont feel safe etc communting around london to go to my placements. Where r u looking at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vicki19)
    Hi everyone, not sure if there is a thread on this topic so thought I'd make one lol! Thought it would be a good idea for us all to say where we've applied to, what branch and what offers we have?

So here's mine:
    Adult Diploma
    De Montfort - Interview 10th November
    Coventry - Waiting For New Date For Interview
    Nottingham - Interview 19th November
    Birmingham City - Not Heard Yet
    Bucks New Uni - Unconditional Offer

congrats on getting that offer at Bucks new Uni Vicki19 well done u,I bet u pleased:yep:

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone im new am applying for child nursing degree!!! at......

york
    hull
    keele
    brighton
    greenwich!

good luck everyone!
    lol got vvv stupidly excited this morn! when i got a letter that had university of greenwich on the envelope! i was like oooh oooh but it was just a letter saying they got my application! i suppose it would have been a bit odd getting an offer within a couple of days of sending it off! but they said that they would get back to me within a month!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alisvolatpropriis)
    Thats good i am abit at ease now. I just feel that bcos of the area is rough, i wont feel safe etc communting around london to go to my placements. Where r u looking at?

Ahh right.

Im thinking of kingston, east anglia, city, southbank and manchester. Maybe kingscollege and brighton. So hard to decide! You?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am applying for nursing in scotland and wondered if anyone had any feedback on the courses or unis. Going for Stirling, Glasgow and Dundee. Thnx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicole.17)
    Adult Diploma
    De Montfort - Waiting
    Coventry - Waiting
    Nottingham - Interview 15th December
    Worcster - Unsuccessful (Stupid mistake on my half lmao)
    Loughbourah - Waiting
    I've applied for the jan intake at coventry and i have my interview tomorrow..

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

Tis all done and sent as of today, just waiting for the ucas letter and from the unis.

I'm applying for Adult Nursing at;

Manchester
    Man Met
    Salford

Going to make the last two choices a little later on, it depends how the first three go first.

Good luck to everyone here on offers and interviews

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to:
    Kings
    Brookes

For the adult Bsc course, hasn't anyone heard from these places?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahmx)
    I have this trouble! And as i work with young adults with learning disabilities, its more ideal. However i think im gonna go for adult. Are you just applying for the two unis?
    My sister has learning disabilities so that's why I I'm considering it, since I have personal experience. I was told that Adult nursing ultimately gives you more opportunities though. I can't decide!
    I'm staying local and just applying to Brookes and UWE, I've applied for Adult and LD at both, if they reject me for one course it'll make my mind up for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summer241)
    My sister has learning disabilities so that's why I I'm considering it, since I have personal experience. I was told that Adult nursing ultimately gives you more opportunities though. I can't decide!
    I'm staying local and just applying to Brookes and UWE, I've applied for Adult and LD at both, if they reject me for one course it'll make my mind up for me!

Ahh right. Hmmm. I may do that too. I dont know. Soooo confused about it all! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nursing4eva)
    I've applied to:
    Kings
    Brookes

For the adult Bsc course, hasn't anyone heard from these places?
    I heared from Kings college London just over 2 weeks ago nursing4eva and i attend a selection event there this week:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZakBrannigan)
    I heared from Kings college London just over 2 weeks ago nursing4eva and i attend a selection event there this week:yep:
    Oh right, well done! When did you send your UCAS off? You've had loads of interviews already?!

How was the selection day at Kings was it hard? Also what did you apply for, Bsc or Dipolma, and was it Adult?

Well done again btw:woo:
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kwarden)
    I've applied for the jan intake at coventry and i have my interview tomorrow..
    Oh nice! How did it go today? I'm stll waiting to hear from them atm

ReputationRep:
    hey all
    all my info is in my sig!!
    sent my UCAS off 23rd Oct, my Unis got it on the 26th and I had an invitation for interview from Northumbria on the 3rd Nov, and on the same day I got an acknowledgement from Cumbria fingers crossed!!
    and good luck to all you guys xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nursing4eva)
    Oh right, well done! When did you send your UCAS off? You've had loads of interviews already?!

How was the selection day at Kings was it hard? Also what did you apply for, Bsc or Dipolma, and was it Adult?

Well done again btw:woo:
    x
    Hi nursing4eva I dont attend my selection day until this thursday so i dont know how hard it will be.I will let you know once i been.The other interview that i had last weekend went well but i dont know whether i will be offered a place for a while yet.
    I applied through UCAS On 2nd October 2009.I applied for all diploma courses except for the one at the wales university where i have applied for the degree and i applied for mental health nursing.
    I still have one more interview coming up in december (see my sig)I still havnt heared from staffordshire or the wales one as yet
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicole.17)
    Oh nice! How did it go today? I'm stll waiting to hear from them atm
    it wasn't an interview as such.
    all they did was gave u a presentation on what the course is like and stuff like that... and then u got split up into two groups and u just had a group decussion where they just asked u if you have any experience and what made you want to become a nurse.

The women that was talking to us was saying that they now have panels of people that decided whether you do the course all on your ucas stuff. The people that did the selection day dont have any imput on the panel unless they have serious concerns about you.

It was really relaxed and easy day to be honest and we were only the for an hour and a half.

ReputationRep:
    Ive just sent off my application.

Adult Nursing Diploma at:

City University, University of East Anglia, Kings College London, Kingston and Manchester.

Sooo scared

ReputationRep:
    I've just sent off mine too, don't worry about it

Edge Hill - Waiting
    Manchester Met - Waiting
    Chester - Waiting
    UCLAN - Waiting
    Manchester - Waiting ( I just picked this as a last resort, I don't actually want to go as I'm applying on GCSE's... )

ReputationRep:
    My application has gone, I sent it 20 minutes ago :woo: ahhh I'm scared now!

I applied for Adult and LD nursing at both Brookes and UWE, so 4 choices.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.