Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samesame)
    Hey im just filling out my APEL now! i got an unconditional for adult nursing, though its still conditional on the APEL form i'm supposing??!

Very tedious i agree! although you can apply pretty much anything to fulfill the questions i think.... Just digging around in the memory bank for anything that's relevant. I have to say It's pretty much what i was expecting it to be asking.

Do you know what you're doing for accommodation? Ive just finished a degree so don't really want to be with undergrads in halls again, got that t-shirt already!
    sorry to sound silly but whats an APEL form?! I just applied for accomodation at MMU today! Very Very exciting :P!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harryh711)
    sorry to sound silly but whats an APEL form?! I just applied for accomodation at MMU today! Very Very exciting :P!
    Accreditation of Prior Experience and Learning! Its so you can cut short the number of hours you do if you've already got experience or another degree ie 2year course instead of 3!

ReputationRep:
    oh wow!! well done on getting an uncond offer !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyamy)
    congratulations all these possible new kings nurseys, i like
    Hey! I just accepted my kings offer! was wandering if you have any advice on accommodation? Im doing the 2yr grad adult course but dont know if they put people from the same course together? would like to be with people from my own course?! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I'm applying for Children's nursing at Greenwich. Good luck anyone who is still waiting to hear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clementinek)
    Hi everyone, I'm applying for Children's nursing at Greenwich. Good luck anyone who is still waiting to hear
    Me too have you got a place, or are you waiting to hear ? I really want to meet some people on my course I'm so scared haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicmad123)
    Me too have you got a place, or are you waiting to hear ? I really want to meet some people on my course I'm so scared haha
    Wooo No I haven't gotten a place as I've only applied today so I think I am in for a long wait and is a bit late to try but they said they are still accepting applications so we will see, I'm hopeful If I can just get an interview I'll be fine as I can't contain my excitement at the thought of finally doing it haha :p:

I know what you mean! I was so scared that I didn't dare apply for it at first! How was your interview, was it scary? Congratulations on your place too!

ReputationRep:
    emmalg... i cant remeber the exact questions but all i know is that with the combined calculations that if the question was 5/10 times 2, then you would do 5/10 times 2/1. (Make sure you put whatever your timsing over one) and then you times it side by side. So you'd times 5 by 2 and then 10 by 1. which would be 50/2. Then once you get your answer simplify it.
    hope this helps. xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clementinek)
    Wooo No I haven't gotten a place as I've only applied today so I think I am in for a long wait and is a bit late to try but they said they are still accepting applications so we will see, I'm hopeful If I can just get an interview I'll be fine as I can't contain my excitement at the thought of finally doing it haha :p:

I know what you mean! I was so scared that I didn't dare apply for it at first! How was your interview, was it scary? Congratulations on your place too!
    lol yeah you did leave it a bit late ! I was so scared about the interview, but I actually really enjoyed the day, the people were really nice and i got lots of detailed info about the course, the tests were a bit daunting, but as long as you know the basics it's fine, and the people who interviewed me were really friendly and encouraging and they offered me a place within about 4 days! so yeah don't be scared

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has had their interviews for Mental Health Nursing at both Kings college and Greenwich....I've got mine end of April...just hoping to get some tips....already got a place at Glasgow Caledonian but hoping to move to London as Kings is my first choice.... Any Info would be appreciated!! Ta x

P.S Good luck everyone who is still waiting to hear!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mac_attack)
    Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has had their interviews for Mental Health Nursing at both Kings college and Greenwich....I've got mine end of April...just hoping to get some tips....already got a place at Glasgow Caledonian but hoping to move to London as Kings is my first choice.... Any Info would be appreciated!! Ta x

P.S Good luck everyone who is still waiting to hear!
    Hey =] ive got an offer to go to Kings for Child nursing in september but i assume the interview process for mental health will be the same as it was for child, i was told at the start that if ur invited to the interview they've basically already decided that they'll give u an offer bt there really just checkin that ur right for them nd that there right for u, so dont worry to much about it. They just had us do a litercay nd numeracy test which wer quite simple nd then after they took is for a group session nd jst asked us y we wanted to do that particular branch of nursing nd that was it =] i hope thats helpful =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BryBee)
    Hiya,

I've heard from all my unis regardng interviews and stuff -

Bournemouth - Unsuccessful
    Cardiff - Unsuccessful
    Edge Hill - Had interview 16th Jan, waiting to hear whether i got an offer or not
    Sheffield Hallam - Interview this saturday (23rd Jan )
    University Campus Suffolk - Interview 12th March

I didn't like Edge Hill so top choice is now Sheffield Hallam, then UCS. UCS is in my home town (Ipswich) so staying at home if SHU doesn't work out lol
    HIya, how did your interview go? i have got interview there as well in June and that is my top choice atm. what type of ques did they ask?

ty loads
    xox

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piranhas_eat_hobos)
    Hey =] ive got an offer to go to Kings for Child nursing in september but i assume the interview process for mental health will be the same as it was for child, i was told at the start that if ur invited to the interview they've basically already decided that they'll give u an offer bt there really just checkin that ur right for them nd that there right for u, so dont worry to much about it. They just had us do a litercay nd numeracy test which wer quite simple nd then after they took is for a group session nd jst asked us y we wanted to do that particular branch of nursing nd that was it =] i hope thats helpful =]
    Hey thanks for that....put my mind at ease a wee bit totally hate interviews.....going back to uni as a mature(ish) student (I'm 28) and doing something totally different to what I done the first time round...the joys of studying!! I must be a glutton for punishment....haha. Good luck Piranhas!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samesame)
    Hey! I just accepted my kings offer! was wandering if you have any advice on accommodation? Im doing the 2yr grad adult course but dont know if they put people from the same course together? would like to be with people from my own course?! Thanks!
    Heyy sorry for the late reply, haven't been on tsr for a bit!

Well, i live in Stamford Street apts and my flat is all nurses which is cool, and there are quite a lot of other flats in there which are all nurses too, and i know that they do something similar in Great Dover Street Apts, but as for elsewhere, i don't think so because its more corridors than self enclosed flats, but they might still put nurses together and i've just not heard about it.

Thing is, even though they do in SSA and GDSA, that still doesn't mean that if you're a nurse and you get into one of those accommodations that you will be definitely in a flat of nurses, it depends on their order of allocating accommodation and all that business, i have nursing friends in other flats where they are the only nurse so its no guarantee, and to be honest, i think it kind of seems like they put post grads together a lot, i guess because they think they might like to be together or whatever, i think you can influence that by on your accommodation application it asks you things like whether you like to play music a lot, and whether you like to live somewhere quiet, like to go to bed early etc so that they can try and make sure they don't put party animals with someone who likes early nights etc but there still seems to be a lot of the time where there are post grads together, so i'm not really sure what your chances would be of ending up with other nurses tbh.

In which case, going for Hampstead if thats the accommodation you prefer might not be a bad idea, you can still get to know people on enrollment day etc and stuff, not everyone will be living in halls or know people before they go, i actually found that a great way to meet people was to join the Kings freshers facebook groups that started popping up after A level results in august, i talked to loads of people on there, found a lot of nurses, and in fact ended up having talked to at least 3 of the people i ended up living with which was great!!

only thing with hampstead is how far out it is and i know some people who live there who love the accomm but say it can be annoying getting back after a night out etc when the tubes are shut and it takes some fairly long bus rides but if that doesn't really bother you too much then thats cool!!

If there's anything else, i can help with, feel free to ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyamy)
    Heyy sorry for the late reply, haven't been on tsr for a bit!

Well, i live in Stamford Street apts and my flat is all nurses which is cool, and there are quite a lot of other flats in there which are all nurses too, and i know that they do something similar in Great Dover Street Apts, but as for elsewhere, i don't think so because its more corridors than self enclosed flats, but they might still put nurses together and i've just not heard about it.

Thing is, even though they do in SSA and GDSA, that still doesn't mean that if you're a nurse and you get into one of those accommodations that you will be definitely in a flat of nurses, it depends on their order of allocating accommodation and all that business, i have nursing friends in other flats where they are the only nurse so its no guarantee, and to be honest, i think it kind of seems like they put post grads together a lot, i guess because they think they might like to be together or whatever, i think you can influence that by on your accommodation application it asks you things like whether you like to play music a lot, and whether you like to live somewhere quiet, like to go to bed early etc so that they can try and make sure they don't put party animals with someone who likes early nights etc but there still seems to be a lot of the time where there are post grads together, so i'm not really sure what your chances would be of ending up with other nurses tbh.

In which case, going for Hampstead if thats the accommodation you prefer might not be a bad idea, you can still get to know people on enrollment day etc and stuff, not everyone will be living in halls or know people before they go, i actually found that a great way to meet people was to join the Kings freshers facebook groups that started popping up after A level results in august, i talked to loads of people on there, found a lot of nurses, and in fact ended up having talked to at least 3 of the people i ended up living with which was great!!

only thing with hampstead is how far out it is and i know some people who live there who love the accomm but say it can be annoying getting back after a night out etc when the tubes are shut and it takes some fairly long bus rides but if that doesn't really bother you too much then thats cool!!

If there's anything else, i can help with, feel free to ask

Thanks so much for your advice!! I've just found out that as I have previously done a HE course in the UK that i will be pretty much the bottom of the list when it comes to halls so i think i'm just going to look for a flat or studio for myself for first year! where abouts in london do students get private accom?

Thanks! xxx

ReputationRep:
    hey...ive heard from all my uni's...i was successful for all of them (Coventry, UEA, DMU and Northampton)...I decided to choose UEA but i know that there has been sumfin stupid like 100,000 more applicants to uni this year, which is like 10 people to 1 place, so im very proud of myself that i managed to get in and think that everyone else who have should be very proud as well!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm quite new to the site, Ive had two interviews, Cardiff and Glamorgan for Adult Nursing and was successful on both. I've chosen Cardiff as my firm and Glam as my Insurance. Can't wait until September!! Good luck to everyone x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie_notts)
    I'm applying to do child's nursing, the degree :

Sheffield Hallam: conditional offer- 200 points- first choice.
    Leeds uni: conditional offer- 3 c's- insurace choice.
    Demontford: Conditional offer- 240 points- don't want to go here.
    Nottingham uni: Got an interview, going to cancel, as deffo don't want to go there.
    Ocford brookes- rejected.

Hellooo ! im cat, i'v got the same offer at Sheff Hallam but on the adult nursing degree. Are you moving away or staying home ??

x

ReputationRep:
    I applied late past the deadline and so far have 3 unsuccessfuls and 1 interview. not looking good D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cakel)
    I applied late past the deadline and so far have 3 unsuccessfuls and 1 interview. not looking good D:
    you only need one offer to go to university make sure you're really well prepared for the interveiw where is it ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.