Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just been accepted at Leicester uni to do the mental health branch in nursing. Really pleased. Yeeepy!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicmad123)
    you only need one offer to go to university make sure you're really well prepared for the interveiw where is it ?
    I guess , its at Huddersfield university, I'm from Yorkshire so I applied for all Yorkshire universities (I'm not against going away at all so that's not an issue if I end up having to go through extra..) I'm just gonna prepare like HELLLL for this interview and keep my fingers crossed tightly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cat135)
    Hellooo ! im cat, i'v got the same offer at Sheff Hallam but on the adult nursing degree. Are you moving away or staying home ??

x
    I'm moving to Sheffield Also I'm deferring, so I'm going in 2011, are you deferring?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxTaraxX)
    Hi, I have an interview for Herts next Wed, was it a group interview because on the letter i received it doesn't mention one just that we are interviewed at 14.45 onwards. Thanks x
    Sorry i didn't get back to you before. It was an individual interview. How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    Update:
    UEA: Unsuccessful (Got feedback)
    Herts: Interviewed- Waiting to hear back. I really wanna go here, so badly for almost 4 years now!
    Bournemouth: Interviewed, then Unsuccesful. (Got feedback)
    Salford: Interviewed, then Unsuccessful. (Got feedback)
    De Montfort: Unsuccessful- They don't accept my course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie_notts)
    I'm moving to Sheffield Also I'm deferring, so I'm going in 2011, are you deferring?
    Are you starting in jan 2011? I am
    What accommodation have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    Well done to all that have a place bet your all excited!!! Can anyone help me, i went to bedford uni open day at the aylesbury campus in march, i spoke to a few of the teachers who told me to apply straight away. Im wanting to go hopefully march 2011. i had an email from beds on 31st of march which was just a welcome letter. any idea how long the wait is for is the next email or interview date? this is all very new to me not sure what happens next??

ReputationRep:
    Hi all. I don't suppose any of u have applied for mental health nursing in swansea?? i applied mid january (before the deadline) and i avent heard nothing. I've tried ringing them and the first time they said they were still shortlisting (beginning of March) and I should hear back in a couple of weeks and i foned again last week and they said they were still shortlisting.... i mean WTF?! i'm sure i've read somewhere that they have a deadline of the end of march... what if you wanted to do that extra thingy?! ARGHHHHHHHH!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankbruno)
    Has anyone else got a conditional offer for King's DipHe in Mental Health Nursing (2yr)? The APEL form is really tedious, am wondering how others have found it?
    Hi there I have also recieved a conditional offer from king's dependent on the APEL forms. I was just wondering is it really difficult? i heard you have put together a portfolio and write essays...............?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kitty_x)
    Are you starting in jan 2011? I am
    What accommodation have you applied for?
    Nope, I'm starting september 2011, not sure about accommodation yet!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chhammaya)
    HIya, how did your interview go? i have got interview there as well in June and that is my top choice atm. what type of ques did they ask?

ty loads
    xox
    Hiya, erm, I can't really remember specifics except the usual Why choose your particular branch of nursing, why nursing at all, what experience do you have with sick children (This is important, I have tons of experience with disabled children, injured children etc but none with sick children and i was unsuccessful because i didn't have experience). Oh and the usual scenario question, and they also ask you about issues with Nurses in the news.

hope that helps a bit

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emluca123)
    Sorry i didn't get back to you before. It was an individual interview. How did you find it?
    Oh that's cool, it wasn't too bad I just can't tell though lol, should find out in the next week or so

ReputationRep:
    Hello all, finally finished the application process now!
    Final update;
    Bournemouth: interviewed, conditional (Mental Health Nursing Degree)
    Cardiff: interviewed, conditional (Mental Health Nursing Degree)
    Coventry: interviewed unconditional (Mental Health Nursing Degree)
    UWE: interviewed unconditional (Mental Health Nursing Degree)
    Plymouth: interviewed unconditional (Mental Health Nursing Degree).

I've chosen Cardiff as my firm, as it has a good reputation and the bursary is always a plus! Anyone else for Cardiff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hunnybee)
    Hi, I'm quite new to the site, Ive had two interviews, Cardiff and Glamorgan for Adult Nursing and was successful on both. I've chosen Cardiff as my firm and Glam as my Insurance. Can't wait until September!! Good luck to everyone x x
    Hello I've chosen Cardiff as my firm too for 2010, have you applied for your halls yet??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie_notts)

nope i'm goin this september, why are you deffering ? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samesame)
    Thanks so much for your advice!! I've just found out that as I have previously done a HE course in the UK that i will be pretty much the bottom of the list when it comes to halls so i think i'm just going to look for a flat or studio for myself for first year! where abouts in london do students get private accom?

Thanks! xxx
    to be honest there are things available pretty much all over london but i would probably look for something with really good transport lines as you don't know yet where you'll be for placements and that could be any of many hospitals all over london so you want somewhere you're going to be able to travel easily early in the morning for shifts. obviously you'll be mainly based at waterloo campus and some things at guys campus so south east is a great area all around and well located, just have to bear in mind that you could end up at a hospital in north london such as St Mary's at Paddington, but i'm there and south east is really easy to get to it because its on the bakerloo line anyway! hope that helped a bit feel free to ask anything else you're wondering about, and congrats on getting in

ReputationRep:
    Firm for Canterbury christ church, Adult branch! Hurrahhh, i got rejected everywhere else i applied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cat135)
    nope i'm goin this september, why are you deffering ? x
    I really want to do a gap year - get a job, do a bit of travelling maybe... just want a year off lol!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Is anyone doing Learning Disability Nursing.

I am going to Southampton Uni in september to do the LD diploma!

Anyone doing the same? ... cant find anyone! feels like im the only one

ReputationRep:
    IM 32 i will be 33 when i start my course in september. Doing Adult nursing at soton..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.