Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samesame)
    Hey im just filling out my APEL now! i got an unconditional for adult nursing, though its still conditional on the APEL form i'm supposing??!

Very tedious i agree! although you can apply pretty much anything to fulfill the questions i think.... Just digging around in the memory bank for anything that's relevant. I have to say It's pretty much what i was expecting it to be asking.

Do you know what you're doing for accommodation? Ive just finished a degree so don't really want to be with undergrads in halls again, got that t-shirt already!
    Hi sorry for late response I haven't quite worked out how to use the forum!
    Did you hear back from the admissions tutor about the apel yet? I waffled on incessantly which seemed to work and now accepted UC offer!
    I know what you mean about accommodation, I did my undergrad a few years ago now and don't want to slip back into the smelly student life again! Think I'm going to move in with a mate in south london, just waiting to hear about the bursary now.
    Let me know how you got on
    Frank

ReputationRep:
    Hi anyone starting at Notts in Sep 10?

ReputationRep:
    hello all,

Im doing paeds nursing at kings college in sept and nervous as hell with the time old worry that i will "have no friends" - anyone else doing it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by out of the blue)
    hello all,

Im doing paeds nursing at kings college in sept and nervous as hell with the time old worry that i will "have no friends" - anyone else doing it?
    Omg yay =] im starting kings in september to XD i'm so excited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piranhas_eat_hobos)
    Omg yay =] im starting kings in september to XD i'm so excited
    I'll be starting at Kings in september too *fingers crossed* but I'll be doing adult branch!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by live.laugh.love)
    I'll be starting at Kings in september too *fingers crossed* but I'll be doing adult branch!

Ahh well i knw that i already ave wat i need from my coursework nd other exams so i am so excited lol ive wanted to go to Kings since i was 12, i'll hopefully see u in september =] do u ave any idea wat date the course starts? ucas says the 1st of september bt thats really early

ReputationRep:
    Ahh well i knw that i already ave wat i need from my coursework nd other exams so i am so excited lol ive wanted to go to Kings since i was 12, i'll hopefully see u in september =] do u ave any idea wat date the course starts? ucas says the 1st of september bt thats really early
    accommodation opens on the 18th and they have told me course starts on the 20th but I hope its not too serious because I want to go to all the freshers stuff. - The 1 advantage of doing a gap year, I'm getting a little bit of info (but not much more than that!)

OMG so glad ive found other people doing paeds, I was beginning to think I was the only one. Where are you coming from?

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by live.laugh.love)
    Yay, another one! Hope to see you there in September - i think all the branches spend the first year in mostly same lectures (?!) so I'm sure we will bump into each other.

x

ReputationRep:
    accommodation opens on the 18th and they have told me course starts on the 20th but I hope its not too serious because I want to go to all the freshers stuff. - The 1 advantage of doing a gap year, I'm getting a little bit of info (but not much more than that!)

OMG so glad ive found other people doing paeds, I was beginning to think I was the only one. Where are you coming from?

xx
    Ahh thats awesome =] my birthday is on the 1st so i wanted to b at home for that, i think the 1st few weeks wont b to serious then i think the hard work is goin to start

Nd glad ive found someone else to=] bt there is goin to b 50 of us doin paediatrics i think =] Nd im comin from County Derry in Northern Ireland bt Kings is the only place ive wanted to go =] so wer u comin from ?

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I'm starting the adult branch in September at Worcester uni. Is anyone else going to the getting to know you day on the 19th June?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh thats awesome =] my birthday is on the 1st so i wanted to b at home for that, i think the 1st few weeks wont b to serious then i think the hard work is goin to start

Nd glad ive found someone else to=] bt there is goin to b 50 of us doin paediatrics i think =] Nd im comin from County Derry in Northern Ireland bt Kings is the only place ive wanted to go =] so wer u comin from ?
    well theres 48 more of us to find! Yea I'm not looking forward to the hard work and the huge number of lectures compared to everyone else. I'm going to hang round you a lot i absolutely adore the Irish accent and hate mine!!
    I'm from Surrey and I sound like it too (dont judge me ... pleeeaaassseee)
    Have you applied for accommodation yet?

xx

ReputationRep:
    well theres 48 more of us to find! Yea I'm not looking forward to the hard work and the huge number of lectures compared to everyone else. I'm going to hang round you a lot i absolutely adore the Irish accent and hate mine!!
    I'm from Surrey and I sound like it too (dont judge me ... pleeeaaassseee)
    Have you applied for accommodation yet?

xx

Yups XD i'm kinda excited about the work, i jst cnt wait to get stuck in =]

i dont ave one of the nice irish accents i ave northern one nd its jst annoying bt one me selection day there was 2 other irish girls there aswell =] i'm quite found of the english accent though =]

yeh i ave applied for accomodation, i ave stamford street as my first choice nd great dover street as my 2nd choice nd i cnt remember the rest bt i ave like a doctors letter so hopefully i'll get my 1st choice =] u applied yet ?

ReputationRep:
    Yups XD i'm kinda excited about the work, i jst cnt wait to get stuck in =]

i dont ave one of the nice irish accents i ave northern one nd its jst annoying bt one me selection day there was 2 other irish girls there aswell =] i'm quite found of the english accent though =]

yeh i ave applied for accomodation, i ave stamford street as my first choice nd great dover street as my 2nd choice nd i cnt remember the rest bt i ave like a doctors letter so hopefully i'll get my 1st choice =] u applied yet ?
    when i went to my selection day it was dec 2008 and none of them were doing a gap year so i have no idea about who might be there
    i put down great dover street and stamford street as 1st and 2nd but cant remember in which order.

i got my doctor to fill in the self assessment form so they have told me i will get en suite accomm so i thought great GDS or SSA fantastic - then they threw in the liberty houses one which costs like 9 grand a year and theres no way i can afford that so fingers crossed for GDS or SSA. Its a big move from N. Ireland - are you nervous?

ReputationRep:
    thats the same reason y my doctor filled im my form cos i needed an en suite to =] aww yeh i knw the liberty livin does look awesome bt there no way i could afford it either, im goin to struggle to afford GDS or SSA

i'm not that nervous at all really just excited, my sister is livin in St Albans so shes only like 20 mins away from me so if i really get that home sick i can jst visit her, im actually livin with her over the summer nd working to get used to livin in england nd being away from home

ReputationRep:
    thats the same reason y my doctor filled im my form cos i needed an en suite to =] aww yeh i knw the liberty livin does look awesome bt there no way i could afford it either, im goin to struggle to afford GDS or SSA

i'm not that nervous at all really just excited, my sister is livin in St Albans so shes only like 20 mins away from me so if i really get that home sick i can jst visit her, im actually livin with her over the summer nd working to get used to livin in england nd being away from home
    ahh i know its so expensive but im just so thankful for the en-suite.

i think its great that you are coming down earlier it must be a huge change. Home will only be 45 mins away for me and thats just far enough! Your sister being in st albans will be great - our course is longer than the halls rental agreement so im hoping to stay with my cousin in london instead when halls close.

have you seen this link though
    http://www.nursingtimes.net/whats-ne...014744.article
    it actually kinda made me consider changing unis!!!! Im going to die a little bit inside everytime i have to wear that!

ReputationRep:
    i didnt realise that our course was longer than the rental agreement, thats a bit of a pain in the ass really

nd yeh i did see that a few weeks ago, i was disgusted wen i saw it, its horrible i really dnt want to wear that bt apparently we dnt ave to wear it everyday, jst at like special events nd stuff so its nt to bad

ReputationRep:
    yea we dont get the super long holidays - i dont think its too much longer though. I really hope we dont have to wear it all the time, thank god the hats were only a one off for that occasion

ReputationRep:
    yea we dont get the super long holidays - i dont think its too much longer though. I really hope we dont have to wear it all the time, thank god the hats were only a one off for that occasion

ReputationRep:
    i dont mind the hats, i actually quite like them, i cnt remember wear i was reading it bt apparently they're thinking about reintroducing the hats for nurses in all hospital throughout the UK because patients cant tell the difference between the nurses and the other staff nd they seem to think the hat will help

ReputationRep:
    Hey.....anyone studying degree in mental health nursing at Kings starting in September? Yet to find someone on here who is! I see you girls above are going to Kings too.......

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 29, 2011

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.