Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by live.laugh.love)
    They only emailed me the new online link thing a couple of days ago, maybe give them an email to check?
    yeh i got like a message on the application portal the other day saying that they would send me an email but now i cant get back onto the application portal until after results day

ReputationRep:
    I've got a place at Hull uni doing Adult nursing (Diploma) is anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya I have a place a hull too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nursing4eva)
    Oh cool! I applied for the adult Bsc and have already accepted it my top choice!! How about you??

Also has anyone here got any ideas on the best accommodation for nurses at King's because the pack came through this morning and I should probably get thinking
    xx
    Hey If you don't mind me asking, what qualifications/Predicted grades did you need to get in order to get your place at Kings College? And what where you final grades? Cos I Applied their too with BBC at A-Level and they rejected me.
    Ta x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rbac7)
    Hey If you don't mind me asking, what qualifications/Predicted grades did you need to get in order to get your place at Kings College? And what where you final grades? Cos I Applied their too with BBC at A-Level and they rejected me.
    Ta x
    Sorry to just but in, my predicted grades wer AAA but i ended up with BBB, but my offer was BBB anyway. At kings it usually will be BBC to get in but thats only if your taking a fourth aslevel, if you havent done 4 as levels then they up the offer to BBB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piranhas_eat_hobos)
    Sorry to just but in, my predicted grades wer AAA but i ended up with BBB, but my offer was BBB anyway. At kings it usually will be BBC to get in but thats only if your taking a fourth aslevel, if you havent done 4 as levels then they up the offer to BBB
    Aah! That's A Bummer. I Wasn't Allowed To Do A 4th AS Level, B'cos My Teachers Thought I Couldn't Handle It. Darn Them! lol Oh Well..I Got Unconditional Offer At Thames Valley, So Just Took The Offer.

ReputationRep:
    Am I Eligible For Maintenance Grant If I Am Already Receiving The NHS Bursary?.

Hi,

I've Just Recently began a Nursing programme (Bsc) at a degree level not a diploma. So I really need to know that, if I am already receiving the NHS Bursary am I still eligible for the maintenance Grant?

I have received a letter from Student finance with no information about my maintenance Grant and have contacted them several times, they keep telling me I didn't include anything about my maintenance grant on my application and that they will update my information and re-assess me. However have not still received anything. And When I contact them, they keep telling me it will be updated in 3 weeks

If anyone has had The NHS Bursary as well as the Maintenance grant please let me know!

* Grant is in bold, because I want the maintenance grant and not the Maintenance Loan
    ALSO: My NHS Bursary Is Income-Assessed.

Kind Regards

ReputationRep:
    You cannot receive a grant if you are receiving a bursary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by live.laugh.love)
    You cannot receive a grant if you are receiving a bursary.
    A lot of people are telling me that they can apply for the grant as well. So I'm Really Confused Now!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CloBows)
    Hi Everyone,

I am new to this.. I have had a conditional offer from Brighton for the last Adult Nursing Diploma starting Feb 2011. The condtion is that I pass the mathamatics test as I failed it on my iterview day! Does anyomne have a practice test paper? Or know what topics I need to cover? I have been out of school 6 years and have forgotten how to work it all out and need to re learn before taking the test again! I am very worried as am desperate to get it. Any help would be much appreciated! xx
    Hiya,
    I remember taking this test when I was interviewed for the same course intake at Brighton.

Topics you need to cover, as I remember were:

- working out ratios
    - working out fractions and percentages
    - addition and subtraction
    - converting:
    *mls to litres and similarly litres to mls (applying this to fluids etc.)
    *g to kg

Questions were like:

- A tap was leaking into the kitchen at the rate of 10ml per minute.
    How many mls were in the kitchen sink after one hour?

- A cheeseburger contains 13g of fat, 50g of protein, 33g of carbohydrates (i'm just making up these figures by the way).
    If Jane was to eat 5 cheeseburgers in one day, what is her total fat intake of the day?

But basically they just want to know whether you can apply your knowledge of maths into the nursing field. As far as I can remember, the test was 15 minutes long and there were about 10 questions, but some of the questions had parts to them eg) a, b.

So long as you remember to wear a watch whilst doing it. Pace yourself also - don't spend too long on one question. If you can't answer it, move onto the next question and once you've finished the paper go back to it. Also, go into the exam with a positive attitude, this may seem really silly, as even if you know you might not do so well, you have to give it your all and 'attack' the exam it also helps to calm the nerves.

The exam is mainly the basics of GCSE Maths. You can borrow any revision guide in the library which has all the basics of conversion etc.

I hope this has helped. Best of luck and hope to see you in Feb!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.