Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JulieP)
    Would anyone here mind sharing their AS results? I did quite bad in mine and I don't want to be rejected
    Hey
    Im sure you wont be rejected!

In AS is got a C and a D, then at A2 I got two C's.
    Its enough to do the degree at some unis, not at others but its irrelevant for me as i wanna do the diploma!

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all
    I'm probably just panicking over nothing

ReputationRep:
    i got a b and 3 cs, mainly they would go on predicted grades though so don't worry. the unis care more about personal statement than results

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I have applied for the Adult Nursing Diploma at:
    Chester
    Edge Hill
    Man Met
    I applied on 30th Oct but have still not heard anything back re interviews.. is anyone else in the same boat???

Or has anyone had interveiws or offers?

I am NOT good at WAITING.. it is killing me!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rachel. I;ve got my interview at Northumbria on Tuesday for the Adult Nursing Diploma. Any advice you can give me? Is it just a group interview, or is there a one to one as well? is it smart/formal dress?
    any help you can give I would very grateful
    paul

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilieivy)
    Hi Rachel. I;ve got my interview at Northumbria on Tuesday for the Adult Nursing Diploma. Any advice you can give me? Is it just a group interview, or is there a one to one as well? is it smart/formal dress?
    any help you can give I would very grateful
    paul
    Hey!
    Its really relaxed to be honest. You go in and they give a presentation about what the course is about, info about the NHS bursaries etc. Then we watched a short video and then had to write a few paragraphs about what the issues were in the clip.
    After that, we were split into groups of 4 and sent off for coffee. That lasted about 10-15 minutes and then we were told to go, as a group, into a room where there were two men waiting to interview us. They were really nice! It wasnt like an interview as such, more like a group discussion. Theyre looking to see if you can listen and communicate well with others, so make sure you speak but also make sure you dont take over! this was supposed to last 45 mins but we were in an hour.

As for clothes, most people wore black trosuers with a smart jumper. i wore black leggings, black flats, a white shirt and a black pinafore dress over that.

We went in at 9.15 and I was out by 12pm.

They are all so nice, they make you feel really at ease!

I had my interview a week ago and im now waiting for the result...im addictd to track!

Hope that helps, and GOOD LUCK!
    if you have any more questions just write back

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZakBrannigan)
    Hi AnnzyPanzy dress code i would suggest wear something that is very smart as they will be judging u on your appearance amongst other things.One girl wore a three piece suit.when i say prepare think of some questions they may ask for the particular branch u applied for as well as answer to these questions.Also read up on the school of nursing etc.Things like that mainly
    Is it blazer type smart? Im not sure how smart to go!!?
    Anna

ReputationRep:
    Evening all,

Applied for Adult Nursing at:

Leeds
    Leeds met
    York
    Hull
    Manchester met

Only heard form York, which was just to say they have got my application.

Put my application months ago, and it’s taken my referee 6 weeks to sort their bit out! So it went off on Friday.

How long have people normally had to wait to hear rejections/interview invites?

AC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahfarmer12)
    me too, let me know if you hear anything =)
    I'm so happy.
    Managed to change my Cov interview, and its now on the 8th Dec hehe! I'll keep you updated x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicole.17)
    I'm so happy.
    Managed to change my Cov interview, and its now on the 8th Dec hehe! I'll keep you updated x
    mines on 8th december too =)
    at half 10
    is it just a group one you think? x

ReputationRep:
    mines on 8th december too =)
    at half 10
    is it just a group one you think? x
    Omg really?!
    I'll be the short one looking well nervous haaha!
    Yeah I believe so.
    My friend has hers on the 7th, So I'll let you know how it goes
    You doing Diploma? Jan or Sept? I forgot x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angrychemist)
    Evening all,

Applied for Adult Nursing at:

Leeds
    Leeds met
    York
    Hull
    Manchester met

Only heard form York, which was just to say they have got my application.

Put my application months ago, and it’s taken my referee 6 weeks to sort their bit out! So it went off on Friday.

How long have people normally had to wait to hear rejections/interview invites?

AC
    Hi angrychemist i waited just over 3 weeks before i was shortlisted for interview:yep: .I think it mainly depends on the university concerned to be truthful with u.So be prepared to wait a while i guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnzyPanzy)
    Is it blazer type smart? Im not sure how smart to go!!?
    Anna
    Hi AnnzyPanzy well it depends really there was another girl at my selection day who had a nice smart blouse,jacket and dress on.I would say blazer type smart should be fine and good luck on ur selection day:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicole.17)
    Omg really?!
    I'll be the short one looking well nervous haaha!
    Yeah I believe so.
    My friend has hers on the 7th, So I'll let you know how it goes
    You doing Diploma? Jan or Sept? I forgot x
    i'll be the tall one looking nervous aswell! haha
    cool, i hope its not too bad =)
    doing the degree in sept.
    what about you? x

ReputationRep:
    i'll be the tall one looking nervous aswell! haha
    cool, i hope its not too bad =)
    doing the degree in sept.
    what about you? x
    Oh they sent me a letter today.
    Apparently mine is on the 7th December, so same time as my friend.
    Diploma mostly for money lol, January

ReputationRep:
    I've just gotten a Conditional offer from manchester though i thought that i'd get interviewed first seen as it is manchester and it is Nursing, does anyone know if this is normal??

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I'm quite excited about it but nervous too!

ReputationRep:
    Ive got a place to study BN (Hons) Adult Nursing in Cardiff University for March 2010

Not long now!!.. Can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    Currently faced with a bit of a problem here.

I've applied for five unis, but have recently changed my courses at college to go full time in my health and social. This was after I sent off my UCAS application, but now I'm just wondering do I tell the uni's I'm applying to now or when I've got an interview. I'm applying early anyway, I was doing ASlevels, and now I'm on the BTEC national diploma course.

One of the uni's im applying to is for April Entry and only specifies GCSE's as the entry requirements.

My careers advisor says that I'm best telling them during the interview that I've changed courses as come the time I enrol on that course ( if I get in ) I'll be starting in April and wont actually get anything out of this year anyway.

Any thoughts ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshLass09)
    Ive got a place to study BN (Hons) Adult Nursing in Cardiff University for March 2010

Not long now!!.. Can't wait!
    Hi!
    My friend has just applied for that course and I decided to do a bit of research for her lol. If you don't mind me asking :-
    What were your predicted grades?
    When did you apply?
    Did you have an interview?

Ash

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.