Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnzyPanzy)
    Thanks. I'm quite excited about it but nervous too!
    I am sure u will be fine AnnzyPanzy we were all nervous as we are all wanting to gain a place at our chosen universities.I still waiting lol.I just wish they would let me know either way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZakBrannigan)
    I agree with you rachelb8906 i knew someone who had to get replacement cert for their degree course and it cost them £48.00 :eek: I was like
    its even worse if its the GCSE certs you need, as you need to pay about £50 to each exam board you sat exams with! so if i lost mine that would be £150!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catherinelove)
    Hi everyone,

I have a unconditional offer for manchester uni nursing diploma , which ive accepted ,

anyone whos unsure and need nursing interview help , id be happy to give it x
    hi, well done on your offer
    what questions did they ask you during the interview? x

ReputationRep:
    My application has been acknowledged by UWE, still waiting to hear from Oxford Brookes. I'm getting all excited now :teehee:

Does anyone know what the health screening involves? I'm a bit concerned about it as I have a couple of issues. Nothing major that would prevent me from nursing (at least I hope not!) but it's worrying me a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paul2k12)
    Well done to those who have received interviews/offers!

I'm pleased to say I too have received an interview for Adult Nursing @ Northumbria!!! Interview is on 8th Dec!! yipppeeeee

Only submitted my application on Wednesday 25th so they have been much quicker than I was anticipating.

Rachelb8906 - I maybe a fresher with you, lol fingers crossed
    had a few interviews but no offers as yet Paul2k12 ^_^

ReputationRep:
    had a few interviews but no offers as yet Paul2k12 ^_^
    Did you get my reply PM?
    I hope I havn't worried everyone, i'm sure it's just the different unis.

I may be going to Northumbria as well guys
    we may have 3 potential Northumbria Nursing students here!
    I'm still deciding between Nottingham and Northumbria for my firm & insurance

btw guys don't forget to post your offer in my offers thread when you get them, I think i'd be nice and easier than going through all the pages of this thread......what does everyone else think? Is this a good idea?
    Good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannonball)
    Did you get my reply PM?
    I hope I havn't worried everyone, i'm sure it's just the different unis.

I may be going to Northumbria as well guys
    we may have 3 potential Northumbria Nursing students here!
    I'm still deciding between Nottingham and Northumbria for my firm & insurance

btw guys don't forget to post your offer in my offers thread when you get them, I think i'd be nice and easier than going through all the pages of this thread......what does everyone else think? Is this a good idea?
    Good luck everyone
    Yes i did Cannonball u might be right.Maybe because of where i applied to its taking longer as i applied around about the same time as you and still waiting to hear but guess no news is good news at the mo:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Yes i did Cannonball u might be right.Maybe because of where i applied to its taking longer as i applied around about the same time as you and still waiting to hear but guess no news is good news at the mo:yep:
    I'm sure you'll do fine
    Do you think it's a good idea having an offers thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelb8906)
    its even worse if its the GCSE certs you need, as you need to pay about £50 to each exam board you sat exams with! so if i lost mine that would be £150!
    that much rachelb8906 wow:eek: i had no idea it cost that much to replace your pieces of paper its a good job i know where mine are then lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannonball)
    I'm sure you'll do fine
    Do you think it's a good idea having an offers thread?
    Yes i do Cannonball to have a offers thread.I just wish my choices will hurry up.I still have one more interview next week and been told i wouldnt hear from that one until after xmas.I still havnt heard from the other two maybe they dont want me :nooo: its rather that or they still sorting things out:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Yes i do Cannonball to have a offers thread.I just wish my choices will hurry up.I still have one more interview next week and been told i wouldnt hear from that one until after xmas.I still havnt heard from the other two maybe they dont want me :nooo: its rather that or they still sorting things out:yep:
    I reckon you'll hear from the unis you've already been interviewed by by christmas

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I have had acknowledgements form York and Hull, does anyone have any experiance from applying to Leeds, Leeds met or Manchester met? Do they acknowledge or just let you know when they decide to reject or interview?

Cheers
    AC

ReputationRep:
    My applications to UEA and Kingston have been acknowledged. Im getting scared now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angrychemist)
    Hey all,

I have had acknowledgements form York and Hull, does anyone have any experiance from applying to Leeds, Leeds met or Manchester met? Do they acknowledge or just let you know when they decide to reject or interview?

Cheers
    AC
    Manchester met send you a ucas invition,
    and you have to accept it on ucas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahfarmer12)
    hi, well done on your offer
    what questions did they ask you during the interview? x

Just 3 questions :

Why do you want to be a nurse?

Please tell us what you understand about the work of nurses in your chosen branch of nursing, including your understanding of and recent or current issues.

What have you done that makes you sure you can meet both the academic and practical demands of the course?

good luck if you have an interview coming up

ReputationRep:
    3 months and 3 weeks!!!!! before I become a student nurse @ Chester Uni!! cannot waiit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holamigo)
    3 months and 3 weeks!!!!! before I become a student nurse @ Chester Uni!! cannot waiit!

oooooo wow

have fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catherinelove)
    oooooo wow

have fun!

thanku

I'm sick of waiting now tbh... Found out I had the place last March/April I think! So cannot wait to start now!

ReputationRep:
    so far received two unsucessfuls and still have one more interview next week.I asked for feedback for the two unsuccessfulls.At least i know now which is the main thing and build upon those two experiences for my next interview:yes:

ReputationRep:
    if anyone has any questions on studying nursing at Kings College London feel free to add to the thread or PM me if you prefer and i will do my bestest to help i have friends doing adult and mental health and both degree and diploma so i should be able to cover every option of nursing at kings haha!

and good luck to everyone

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.