Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

So yesterday on the phone to student finance I have a really heavy exercise machine fall on my leg (still stayed on the phone to keep my place in the que).

Anyway, apart from a pretty deep cut it didn't hurt too much but today the whole of the top of my foot is really very swollen and the foot really hurts to walk on.

I don't want to go to A&E because i'lll feel like a moron when there are people there with severe and actual emergencies so what would you say is the best wya to treat this? (I still have to keep walking around and traveling unfortunalty)

ReputationRep:
    Don't feel too bad about going to A&E because they prioritise- this means you might be waiting a few hours but at least you won't take someone's place who needs it 'more'

I think you should definitly go though because if it is severely damaged then walking on it without a cast or crutch or whatever will just make it much worse.

Hope it gets better soon! xxx

ReputationRep:
    You should go to A&E or your GP as if you cut it it might get infected or you may need crutches etc

ReputationRep:
    Yes go to A&E...bring a book is my advice!

2 months ago, I fell down the stairs, landed on my foot and it swelled up a like a ***** but I deemed myself fit enough to go to cadets that night and couldn't even walk properly on my foot. I got there and was sent to A&E by one of the staff because it looked really bad and should've done it in the first place! And it turned out I had cracked one of the bones in my foot..so yeah..best get it checked out in case!

ReputationRep:
    A&E - dont feel like an idiot, its student finance's fault for keeping you waiting :P

ReputationRep:
    Go to A&E.
    Hope it gets better soon

ReputationRep:
    From what I've heard, a wait at A&E will be nowhere near as long or traumatic as being on hold with Student Finance.

PS: this topic is 12 hours old

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moneyballs2)
    From what I've heard, a wait at A&E will be nowhere near as long or traumatic as being on hold with Student Finance.

PS: this topic is 12 hours old
    Ooops :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    haha tis all good.

I just went and got one of those compression bandages for it.

Absolutely killing me but tis all good!

Thanks for your help everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen_Pinky)
    Yes go to A&E...bring a book is my advice!

2 months ago, I fell down the stairs, landed on my foot and it swelled up a like a ***** but I deemed myself fit enough to go to cadets that night and couldn't even walk properly on my foot. I got there and was sent to A&E by one of the staff because it looked really bad and should've done it in the first place! And it turned out I had cracked one of the bones in my foot..so yeah..best get it checked out in case!
    Was it a metatarsal bone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    Was it a metatarsal bone?
    I have no idea..but I swear I heard the words 'cuboid fracture' at one point? I've only just recovered from that as well haha.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.