Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i applied on time, it's taken a while to get everything sorted but i checked earlier today online and my application has been approved by student finance meaning its all done.
    so does this mean that i will get my loan at the start of term, on time?
    and also im hoping to go to Leeds uni and the move in weekend is like the 12th September but the actual course doesnt start until like the 29th or something. so will i get my loan around the 29th or when i actually move down there two weeks earlier.
    basically i have no money cus my stupid job wont give me any extra hours so im thinking im going to need to dip into my overdraft!
    any help much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I'm aware, student loans and stuff kicks in about one week after you start uni. So I'm planning on taking a couple of hundred pounds down with me so I can survive if anything goes crazy with my student finance. But I obviously don't know if that's the case with your uni. But it can't be a bad thing to try and take some money down with you. Hope this helps
    Chloe x

ReputationRep:
    I have to pay £1800 on 4th of September for my accommodation, it sucks. Will I not get my loan till a month later roughly? It seems stupid...

ReputationRep:
    You will get your loan about a week after you start university. They need to confirm you have enroled and are attending before you will get your money! It is a bit silly how late you get it, You have work and exams to stress about all year then when the summer comes you have to stress about money!
    Good luck starting university!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.