2.24%
    I would if she pushed me
    4.10%
    If she hits me, il hit her back
    30.97%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MohamedaliS)
    Why would you do such a thing?
    Self-defence, reciprocation and malice are ubiquitous motives.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the woman. There are some women that could beat me up, so obviously I'm not going to stand there and take it. It is an unlikely situation to be in though, I generally don't get started on by randomers. But if a woman hit me and it didn't really hurt, I would just restrain her - no point hitting her just to make things even.

ReputationRep:
    http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/3241/...ldshutupcl.jpg
    In reality hitting women is a no no, but if harriet harman really wants equality i'd be happy to change for her!

ReputationRep:
    Lol why should I take it when someone hits me? Be it a man, woman or even a gorilla(I'd probably run if this happens though). Whenever my gf rages and goes mental, she goes crazy and jumps on me and starts punching me. I don't really hit her but I do have to kinda tackle her and force her to the ground so she doesn't clobber me. I have hit her though whenever she hits me too hard so I can stop her from continuing. Fun times ^^

ReputationRep:
    If I was attacking a guy with a knife or something I'd expect to be punched, but if I had reason to slap him across the face I'd be pretty pissed off if he turned round and knocked me out cold. It's like if a young kid came up to me and punched me in the stomach, although it could hurt it'd be relatively weak and I wouldn't hurt them back because I could do much more harm to them. If you've got alot more strength than the other person you need to be more responsible.

NB. I've never attacked a guy with a knife..or slapped a guy across the face..or been punched in the stomach by a kid, or anyone.

ReputationRep:
    And I also don't get why women are supposed to be weaker than men. If so, they should hit the gym, bulk up and be strong and thus making everyone equal.

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you mean by hit, if when she squares up and be dropping a glasgow kiss across her face while shouting "BOOM! Headshot"

Then the answer is no.

If you mean restraining a woman by her throat while her feet are clear of the floor watching the ***** turn smurf colour,
    http://www25.brinkster.com/agathachr...angled_001.jpg

again no I haven't done this.

But if there comes a time when I have to say something twice to her!

http://huntingnarcissists.files.word...al-poster2.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virus.exe)
    And I also don't get why women are supposed to be weaker than men. If so, they should hit the gym, bulk up and be strong and thus making everyone equal.
    Because they don't want to look like men..:eyebrow: and even then, men could bulk up more and be stronger still.
    I suppose they could get lessons in self defence but they still wouldn't be as strong

ReputationRep:
    I voted "never have, never will". But as an absolute last resort (eg. she comes at me with a weapon) I would. But, for example, if my girlfriend hit me, I wouldn't hit her back. I mean she's 5ft 1 and under 8 stone so her hitting me isn't going to inflict any serious physical damage. I would just stop her hitting me and/or push her away.

ReputationRep:
    treat em mean, keep em keen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malkmus)
    I voted "never have, never will". But as an absolute last resort (eg. she comes at me with a weapon) I would. But, for example, if my girlfriend hit me, I wouldn't hit her back. I mean she's 5ft 1 and under 8 stone so her hitting me isn't going to inflict any serious physical damage. I would just stop her hitting me and/or push her away.
    Yeah my girlfriend is just as small (a bit taller) but she can inflict some serious damage when she's angry. If she goes for your face, chest or nuts, I can guarantee you it'll hurt. Once, she hit me unexpectedly and almost knocked me out. Just cos women are supposed to be weaker than men doesn't mean they can't harm. It's easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virus.exe)
    http://nynerd.com/wp-content/uploads...er_chick_6.jpg

sorry, i just couldn't resist lol

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't wanna mess with that now. Advice to all women: Become like that if you want to hit a man and expect nothing in return:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Yes I have, I wasnt terribly fond of the idea of having my face carved up with broken glass so I punched her in the kidney preventing her from harming herself or anyone else. :nod:

I am smaller than the average size of a woman in the UK, so this 'if your are bigger you shouldnt do anything' crap doesnt generally apply to me.

Also its proven that acts of violence committed by men are viewed far more harshly than the same acts committed by women, imagine if a man were to turn round and slap a woman in the face/kick her between the legs for groping him, he would probably be arrested :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Agreed with many people on this thread - if being attacked in any way I would restrain them - no way in hell am I taking a beating out of some misguided gentlemanly notion. However, I would only use serious force if she had a weapon or was one of these vicious chav girls and I had to knock her out to avoid serious damage myself - nothing wrong with that.

Also if she kicks you in the balls she loses her status as a human being, and are not responsible for what you do. Disgusting, cowardly thing to do.

One thing nobody has mentioned is a situation in which she maybe killed a friend/relative....or similar. I'd probably be tempted to kick the **** out of her.

ReputationRep:
    Women moan all the time about equality.

So we should be able to hit them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elementric)
    Fail.
    Orly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stevie0444)
    Women moan all the time about equality.

So we should be able to hit them.
    i agree ( within reason )

ReputationRep:
    Such an outdated concept. "Don't hit women" If you are attacked, defend yourself! I wouldn't just randomly hit a women, just like I wouldn't ever randomly hit a man. Logically, if I feel threatened in some way, I'd hit her, same as with a guy.

ReputationRep:
    I would never hit a girl unless one jumped out and attacked me with a knife or something

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.