4.48%
    I have and wouldnt again
    2.24%
    I would if she pushed me
    4.10%
    If she hits me, il hit her back
    30.97%

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mines mate was in the PARAS and they were on stag duty, and this women stubbed a cigarette in his eye, which subsequently caused him to loose sight in that eye and lead to a discharge, his friend automatically punched her in the face and knocked her out. The friend turned to him and said "why did you hit her?" He replied "I got there before you" It doesn't matter what the sex is. If she hits/ assaults you, do whatever is necessary to defuse the situation.

(Original post by generalebriety)
    That's "hitting on girls".
    Gotta love the noobs. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Orly
    Ya Rly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)
    Tbf, id never hit a friend who is a girl if she hit me, if it was the gf i would just laugh.. if it was some random ***** id put her through the wall.
    LOL. you're getting some rep for that.

ReputationRep:

My hero.

ReputationRep:
    do a lot more than just hit the f******

ReputationRep:
    If women intentionally throws a punch then she should be able to receive one too. All women want equality nowadays but only the benefits. Sorry you cant have the cake and eat it too. If someone attacks me they are getting hit back regardless of gender, all this chivalrous stuff is so outdated and is really a bunch of crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeeano)
    whatever the circumstances being a gu, even if she did hit me,
    i'd never hit a girl
    just believe that it aint worth it and thats how m aprents brought me up
    but i have seen it
    and sometimes extenuating circumstances may permit it
    but i know i still never will and never have
    no one likes a white knight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC)
    If she hit me once, fair enough. Twice, I'm getting angry. Attempting to put me in hospital, I will use my pimp hand.

Seriously though, what is with all this chivalrous BS? If a woman hits me, I'll restrain her (arm lock probably) or push her back. But if she came at me repeatedly or with a weapon then of course I'm going to hit her. Just because she is weaker than me it shouldn't mean I can't hit her if she attacks me vicously, if it was then what about hitting men who are weaker than you? Wouldn't that be massively looked down upon too? If they attack you, they know what they are doing; and you shouldn't ever attack someone without accepting the fact you will be attacked back. I'd rather knock her out and be labeled a ******* than be stabbed.
    This.

People who say never are living an idealistic childish fantasy where they can never be hurt by a woman. I prefer to live in the real world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john87)
    yeah, agreed.

ReputationRep:
    I would if she even said something which i found offensive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EducatingBrogan)
    I would hope that a guy would realise that it's easy enough to restrain most girls just by grabbing their hands or shoulders and holding them at arms length.

Or maybe it's just because I'm small, I don't know. I'm easy enough to restrain though, and I know it. I'd hope that most guys would go for that approach before resorting to hitting a girl.
    There's a little thing called kicking that puts an end to that idea of yours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john87)
    I do :love:

And I don't believe a man should ever hit a woman: it's just not a fair fight is it? Obviously, it's different if she's about to stab the guy or something..lol
    It might be an old fashioned concept but pretty much all of the guys I know believe it..

ReputationRep:
    I'd never hit a women, if she was hitting me i'd just restrain her or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MohamedaliS)
    Why would you do such a thing?

People do bad things, they need to be punished.

ReputationRep:
    I'm somewhere between the first and last option. If I really had to, I would hit a woman. But it's very unlikely I'll ever have to because even if someone hits you, it doesn't mean there's a good reason to hit back. And it's pretty unlikely I'll be in a situation where I really have to defend myself from a woman by punching or kicking.

edit - This is excluding spanking. Not really my thing but I'd be willing to indulge a partner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FootPrints)
    I do :love:

And I don't believe a man should ever hit a woman: it's just not a fair fight is it? Obviously, it's different if she's about to stab the guy or something..lol
    It might be an old fashioned concept but pretty much all of the guys I know believe it..
    sexist

ReputationRep:
    If push comes to shove, I would hit a woman.
    Do I believe in the unwritten rule? No.

ReputationRep:
    "I have and would again - 5"

Five woman beaters on TSR then! :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    i know a mate who beeat his girlfriend up and blooded her up and punched her in the face and kicked her on the floor repeatly because she cussed his mom lolzz.... baddddd

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.