4.48%
    I have and wouldnt again
    2.24%
    I would if she pushed me
    4.10%
    If she hits me, il hit her back
    30.97%

ReputationRep:
    Just my sister when we were young. I'm not proud of it, not because she's a girl but because it isn't nice to hit anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    There's a little thing called kicking that puts an end to that idea of yours.
    exactly.

It's probably quite easy to restrain a girl if she tried to hit you, but if she then went for the balls..... hell no

ReputationRep:
    you cant beat women , shame

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FootPrints)
    I do :love:

And I don't believe a man should ever hit a woman: it's just not a fair fight is it? Obviously, it's different if she's about to stab the guy or something..lol
    It might be an old fashioned concept but pretty much all of the guys I know believe it..
    There is no such thing as a fair fight, one person is always more powerful or a better fighter, but that doesn't mean I'm going to sit back and take a beating just because it isn't 'fair' to fight back.

If you attack someone then you have to be prepared to be attacked yourself. Simple as, no exception.

ReputationRep:
    It's fine to hit a woman only if it's in the rule book.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get the "You should never hit a girl rule"

If it was one punch then I would walk away, but I would do that regardless of sex or race because I don't believe in violence...!

If it was however a full on attack, then yes I would, only as far as self defence... I don't particularly fancy another trip to A&E this month thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Falon Punch!!!!!
    Falcon fail :/

ReputationRep:
    i havent hit a woman yet

if she pushed me though i might...without thinking

everyone has equal rights...lets not be sexist

ReputationRep:
    Restraining women, not that easy.

From my expiriance some just nevr learn. My sister kows well enough that if she pushes me shell get hurt. STILL she pushes me. I dont get it, she enjoys it?

Women want equality, i say give it to them.
    O and I dont consider that you have to be phiscally hurt to be allowed to fight back. Women have a natural advantage in manipulating and such stuff, man have in physical strenght. Guess its only fair to even the playing field.

MIGHT MAKES RIGHT!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised at how many guys said that they would hit a woman...I can't imagine being in a relationship with someone like that. Then again, I can't imagine being violent myself.

Schpanky schpank.

ReputationRep:
    nowt wrong with a little backhander to knock some sense into her!! i'd say hit them a bit if they deserve it just not too hard to keep your gentlemanlyness!

ReputationRep:
    Only in self-defense would I hit a woman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john87)
    sexist
    Sexist because I recognise the differences between men and women? The man is, usually, stronger and bigger than the woman. So it's not fair is it?

It's disgusting if a woman hits you just because she "knows" you "can't" hit her back - that is no excuse. If you don't want to be hit then don't hit other people. It's as simple as that.

Sexist because I recognise the differences between men and women? The man is, usually, stronger and bigger than the woman. So it's not fair is it?
    It's the principle. How is it okay for stronger guys to hit weaker guys then? Or rather - "more acceptable"

ReputationRep:
    no, sexist because you think it's ok for a woman to hit a man and not get hit back, there is nothing to discuss, that is sexist.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah...she forgot to do the ******* dishes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Q_M)
    Chavs do.

Your such a failure, I think your the chav tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john87)
    no, sexist because you think it's ok for a woman to hit a man and not get hit back, there is nothing to discuss, that is sexist.
    It depends on the degree of violence. If the woman slaps the man and he punches her in the face then that's not acceptable on his part at all. It can be discrimination to treat equally people who are not equal (e.g. a man and a woman who are not of equal strength). Clearly however, domestic abuse against men does exist and is a very serious problem.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.