I have and wouldnt again
    2.24%
    I would if she pushed me
    4.10%
    If she hits me, il hit her back
    30.97%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john87)
    no one is ******* saying that is right! if you actually read the thread you would realise, what people are saying is that if a woman PUNCHES, PUNCHES, not slaps but PUNCHES a man in the face then she deserves to get PUNCHED BACK.
    I've already said that my first post was strongly and possibly absurdly worded, yes if a woman came at me with a knife I'd be forced to take some defensive action because my life would be at risk, not just getting a black eye.

In a nightclub, drunken girl trying to swing at me or something, would probably push her way rather than hitting her.

ReputationRep:
    Surely restraining a girl is the answer if she attacks in most circumstances (not including ridiculous situations when she's about to stab you with a knife or something)?

I just think it's less manly to fight a girl. Because you're almost guaranteed to win, unless she's black belt or something. Men should fight men: that's the evolutionary way.

(Original post by GeorgEGNT)
    But 'lethal force' ? Is that not a bit drastic?
    Read my post again, genius.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Most of the men on this forum are idiotic and sexist. Yeah, you'd never hit a woman, even if she was trying to harm you or someone you cared about. Somehow, I doubt that. Drop the act you fools. I'd never initiate violence, but in order to defend myself or others, I'd be more than willing to use lethal force if necessary against anyone, regardless of gender. Quit the caveman routine, you pinheads - intelligent women don't appreciate being patronised.
    You really should drop it now; your self-righteous attempts at appearing noble have backfired and you've ended up looking primitive and chauvinistic. I know you still think you occupy the moral high ground, but you really don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgEGNT)
    I've already said that my first post was strongly and possibly absurdly worded, yes if a woman came at me with a knife I'd be forced to take some defensive action because my life would be at risk, not just getting a black eye.

In a nightclub, drunken girl trying to swing at me or something, would probably push her way rather than hitting her.
    whatever man I know two people (males) who have both been bottled by a woman in a club, one because he accidentally spilled her drink, and another because he rejected her. One spent 3 days in the hospital had concussion and everything. I'm saying that women are not these harmless creatures that so many people make them out to be and hitting back in self defence should in no way be frowned upon regardless of gender and regardless of any weapons involved, it is ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Read my post again, genius.

You really should drop it now; your self-righteous attempts at appearing noble have backfired and you've ended up looking primitive and chauvinistic. I know you still think you occupy the moral high ground, but you really don't.
    I'm just trying to explain that yes my first post was daftly worded thats all and its got nothing to do with moral high grounds.

ReputationRep:
    White knights are *******s... the world mneeds less of them... One of my friends got into ana rgument with a woman (she was hot) and lots of men started hanging around to be the white knight and then ofcourse she would fancy them..... io think thats what theya re thinking anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virus.exe)
    Yeah my girlfriend is just as small (a bit taller) but she can inflict some serious damage when she's angry. If she goes for your face, chest or nuts, I can guarantee you it'll hurt. Once, she hit me unexpectedly and almost knocked me out. Just cos women are supposed to be weaker than men doesn't mean they can't harm. It's easy.
    Ha, I stand corrected. Seriously though, I don't think I'd ever hit my current girlfriend. Even if she'd floored me, I'd hope after a certain recovery time (which is obviously necessary if you've been hit in the balls ) that I'd be able to physically restrain her. And if I HAD to hit her then I wouldn't even use 50% of my strength - just whatever was necessary to stop her attacking me.

I don't understand the mentality of "if she hits me first, I'll hit her back" unless you consider the woman to be your physical equal in which case I guess it's more understandable...

ReputationRep:
    If she's big enough to give a hit, she should be big enough to take a hit. And I'm not saying I'd be my woman around but I wouldn't let her take me for a prick.

I usually ee guys that are all like 'I'd never hit a girl' as pussies, even though my best friends are like that :P

ReputationRep:
    Women are a lot more violent and aggressive nowadays than say 20 yrs ago. I've seen numerous examples of this on nights out in London and the aftermath in my temp job as a healthcare assistant in my local hospital. Women who decide to hit out should full well expect to get hit back. I'm not saying that it is macho to hit women, then again refraining in certain circumstances is neither macho. I don't condone violence against women (nor against men), however, it doesn't mean leaving yourself open to being a *****slap target for these type of women. I would condone retaliating in certain circumstances (thankfully I've never been in such a position) and people shouldn't be surprised. Examples of such females can be seen mostly from the fallout of a long night out or even in the younger females in the form of violent chavette gangs roaming the buses and trains. I've seen young girls slap middle aged/old men senseless for no reason at all and I've been sooo tempted to step in, but then again you could say I'm like most people and sit quietly and ignore it.

ReputationRep:
    I would not think twice about hitting a woman if she hit me; for two reasons: I have a sister less than a year younger than me, and one of my martial arts partners was a small Asian woman, who was more than capable of looking after herself; in a lot of martial arts disciplines a woman's small frame actually makes them more dangerous.

I think anyone who works for the health, judicial or police service would be somewhat sympathetic to men hitting a woman these days, simply because of their experience with women these days... For me it is a matter of principle. Simply restraining a woman condones the act of violence, which is not acceptable. If a woman knew she was going to be hit back then in almost every case she would avoid violence altogether.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KennyS1)
    i agree but i wouldn't put her head through the wall, that's a tad bit too much.

Erm, if some I was argueing with some random bint and she punched me I would pound her like a punch bag, especailly them rough druggy drunk girls.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.