Turn on thread page Beta

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    ANYONE? :teeth:
    Depend, what is the teaching like?

And am I right in thinking that you had to go to another school to do AH? Maybe that would mean option B would be preferrable in terms of logistics I'd assume. Having said that if you enjoy French more and get taught well, and don't enjoy Modern Studies/don't get taught well go for (a).

I realise that probably doesn't help at all. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Do what you need. I had the same problem, and I just went to the class I needed more, more often.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for being drunk guys

(Original post by namedeprived)
    Depend, what is the teaching like?

And am I right in thinking that you had to go to another school to do AH? Maybe that would mean option B would be preferrable in terms of logistics I'd assume. Having said that if you enjoy French more and get taught well, and don't enjoy Modern Studies/don't get taught well go for (a).

I realise that probably doesn't help at all. :teeth:
    :p: I haven't even started the AH French course yet - I have to decide how I'm going to go about it before I start. I need two Highers this year and I'm doing three just to be safe, in case I screw one up. However, I really want to do AH French and there is nothing else in that column (Higher PE :lolwut:). BUT, I don't know if my teacher will go through the bother of arranging transport just to go to half the classes ... My Modern teacher is very good but since I'm crashing I don't know how I'll cope. I think I should work my ass off and drop some subjects later in the year ...

I hope they'll give me study periods in that case, as I've said before only med applicants get them atm because they're "superior to their peers." :rolleyes: Despite there being only 2 out of 200 ...

Thanks anyway though :woo:

(Original post by rosie9391)
    Ahh..I can't get to sleep
    I was still awake at 4am over the summer so I took 2 sleeping pills. I woke up at 2pm :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I'm no longer doing AH English, there's no room for me in any classes in other schools

ReputationRep:
    :p: I haven't even started the AH French course yet - I have to decide how I'm going to go about it before I start. I need two Highers this year and I'm doing three just to be safe, in case I screw one up. However, I really want to do AH French and there is nothing else in that column (Higher PE :lolwut:). BUT, I don't know if my teacher will go through the bother of arranging transport just to go to half the classes ... My Modern teacher is very good but since I'm crashing I don't know how I'll cope. I think I should work my ass off and drop some subjects later in the year ...

I hope they'll give me study periods in that case, as I've said before only med applicants get them atm because they're "superior to their peers." :rolleyes: Despite there being only 2 out of 200 ...

Thanks anyway though :woo:
    I'm crashing mod and I find it quite straight forward tbh... it's a bit like history and i remember you did it ..(i think? :/)
    I did Adv French before the holidays,went to 3 weeks of it and then dropped it after the summer cos I got an A at higher. Phoned the Uni's and they said that because I have an A in french they wouldn't look at the adv higher..sooo I would go for more periods of mod than french seen as it's theoretically more valuable for getting into univeristy. (I know I'm not quoting the post where u said should you either take 3/5 of mod and 4/5 of french or 4/5 of mod and 3/5 but I can't find the post aha ) So yeah I would opt for more periods of Mod. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I was still awake at 4am over the summer so I took 2 sleeping pills. I woke up at 2pm :awesome:
    Lol, I didn't get up until 11 today after being in bed at 4am :o: My bloody headmaster has just came to the door and I'm not long out the shower, feel like a right muppet :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bex285)
    I'm no longer doing AH English, there's no room for me in any classes in other schools
    Whoa. How many people pick it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    Whoa. How many people pick it?
    There's a classful at another school and another 10 people from another school wanting to do it, as well as me I'm the only one from my school though

(Original post by EmmaDilemma)
    I'm crashing mod and I find it quite straight forward tbh... it's a bit like history and i remember you did it ..(i think? :/)
    I did Adv French before the holidays,went to 3 weeks of it and then dropped it after the summer cos I got an A at higher. Phoned the Uni's and they said that because I have an A in french they wouldn't look at the adv higher..sooo I would go for more periods of mod than french seen as it's theoretically more valuable for getting into univeristy. (I know I'm not quoting the post where u said should you either take 3/5 of mod and 4/5 of french or 4/5 of mod and 3/5 but I can't find the post aha ) So yeah I would opt for more periods of Mod. :cool:
    Oh dear. Me too. Um. Thanks Edinburgh said that they want to see me taking "at least one AH" (English) but I want to do French ... Obviously if it turns out that it's too much of a hassle I'll drop it, by which time it'll be too late to force me to take another subject. :woo: I'm finding Modern quite straightforward atm too but I'm scared that something will come up which will throw me.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    There's a classful at another school and another 10 people from another school wanting to do it, as well as me I'm the only one from my school though
    So your school won't let you do it there?

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear. Me too. Um. Thanks Edinburgh said that they want to see me taking "at least one AH" (English) but I want to do French ... Obviously if it turns out that it's too much of a hassle I'll drop it, by which time it'll be too late to force me to take another subject. :woo: I'm finding Modern quite straightforward atm too but I'm scared that something will come up which will throw me.
    Oh! What did you get in English at higher? & What is it you're applying for?
    The reality that university is only a year away actually scares me now :| More so because i don't think I'll get an unconditional this year hence I'll be a nervous wreck come results day next august aha :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    So your school won't let you do it there?
    It's only being run in one of the schools where the class is full, the other 10 people aren't getting to do it either :eek:

(Original post by EmmaDilemma)
    Oh! What did you get in English at higher? & What is it you're applying for?
    The reality that university is only a year away actually scares me now :| More so because i don't think I'll get an unconditional this year hence I'll be a nervous wreck come results day next august aha :rolleyes:
    A in English (don't know the band, wasn't at the interview during the holidays, don't care ) applying for English. I really want to be seen applying with two Advanced Highers, even if I don't need them, per se.

I won't get any unconditionals either but at least it'll keep me busy! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    A in English (don't know the band, wasn't at the interview during the holidays, don't care ) applying for English. I really want to be seen applying with two Advanced Highers, even if I don't need them, per se.

I won't get any unconditionals either but at least it'll keep me busy! :woo:
    God! I'm surprised they want an advanced higher from you in english if you got an A!
    I'm doing adv english this year </3 It's awful but I have no choice seen as I got a C at higher (but I'm appealing for a B i hope to god I get it!)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It's only being run in one of the schools where the class is full, the other 10 people aren't getting to do it either :eek:
    Unlucky. There's 7 doing it in my school, and only me and another doing AH music.

ReputationRep:
    Unlucky. There's 7 doing it in my school, and only me and another doing AH music.
    Indeed. Oh well, I'm gonna do another Higher instead so it'll hopefully be less work! :p:
    I'm one of two doing AH Spanish, and one of three doing AH French! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Lol, I didn't get up until 11 today after being in bed at 4am :o: My bloody headmaster has just came to the door and I'm not long out the shower, feel like a right muppet :p:
    Woah, first of all, what happened to your headmaster and secondly why did they come to see you?

ReputationRep:
    3 for 2 in waterstones for study guides people :awesome:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.