Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    What?
    The term "relative" in programming can mean different things. A bit of context would help to pinpoint which one.

ReputationRep:
    We could fix the problem and get firefox aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    Woah, first of all, what happened to your headmaster and secondly why did they come to see you?
    :o:
    He wanted to frame some of my art work for his house and school so came to drop the A1 folio off at my house :p: Does no-one see teachers outside school?

Oh and I'm just back from Brownies and tonight we had it in a P1 classroom, it was funny seeing all the little desks and trying to get legs under the table :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    He wanted to frame some of my art work for his house and school so came to drop the A1 folio off at my house :p: Does no-one see teachers outside school?

Oh and I'm just back from Brownies and tonight we had it in a P1 classroom, it was funny seeing all the little desks and trying to get legs under the table :p:
    :zomg:

just...:zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    :zomg:

just...:zomg:
    lol
    There's a few of us going round to our teachers house for supper next week plus another one is taking me through to uni :p:

ReputationRep:
    Does no-one see teachers outside school?
    Aw hell naw.

ReputationRep:
    lol
    There's a few of us going round to our teachers house for supper next week plus another one is taking me through to uni :p:
    If that happened here they'd get checked for being a pedo
    honestly!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    oh dear. i just ate a whole tub of ben and jerry's

For his house? Rosie, your teacher fancies you. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    honestly!
    Things change when you are in/after 6th year.

ReputationRep:

Is that quite a common thing?:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    honestly!
    Seriously! One pupil this year at school went to Italy with her Mod Studies teacher. We've a school of about 600 and a year group of about 40 so we tend to get to know teachers good.

ReputationRep:
    CSS style sheets when positioning a box.

See above or last page for details.
    Every HTML entity is rendered at some pre-calculated position on the screen (in a logical fashion, ie B comes after A). When you give a HTML entity a position property (through CSS) it lets you override that default pre-calculated position.

position: absolute (and also fixed) allow you to input your own exact top and left (x and y) values and the HTML entity will always be rendered at that point.

position: relative tells the web browser to position the HTML entity relative to its parent entity, so for example if your parent entity (in your case the parent is 'featured-block-inside') is positioned at top 50 and left 50. The child entity will have top 50 and left 50 as its origin, so you don't have to input a top and left value for it (as default is always 0 0 (strictly not true as you have to deal with margins too)).

By the way, is your problem now completely fixed? Because it's fine for me now, under IE8 compatibility mode and normal mode.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    i went on holiday with two of them once to india...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    Yeah, at my school anyway! There's a group of us how went out for Dinner during the year, one pupil went on holiday with a teacher, one baby sits her kids, I walk ones dog. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    Things change when you are in/after 6th year.
    Exactly, especially if it's a small year group and everyone get's to know one another. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    CSS style sheets when positioning a box.

See above or last page for details.
    Don't have any experience with CSS, but I'd imagine at least one object would have an absolute position relative to a fixed point (like the origin, top-left of a page yada yada) and other objects would position off it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    For his house? Rosie, your teacher fancies you. :yep:
    :rolleyes:
    I done my folio on our school trip to Africa and used a lot of photo's he took of the kids greeting us :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I go out for lunch with my English teacher about once a month :p:

(Original post by bex285)
    I go out for lunch with my English teacher about once a month :p:
    INAPPROPRIATE :awesome:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.