Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    Haha, what on Earth does wine have to do with Geography?!
    That was a bit like my reaction but it looks at historical aspects of geography and wine. The influence to climate and climate change, geology, and soils on wine and viticulture. It also looks into the impact of the wine industry on the cultural, historical, and environmental landscape. :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    That was a bit like my reaction but it looks at historical aspects of geography and wine. The influence to climate and climate change, geology, and soils on wine and viticulture. It also looks into the impact of the wine industry on the cultural, historical, and environmental landscape. :p:
    That sounds REALLY interesting. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    Do you get to take whatever modules you want even though it contrasts with your course e.g. a medical science course and then an english literature module?
    In most cases yes but the medical science ones are strict so I'm not completely sure. I plan on doing Geology, Oceanography and/or Art History with Geography.

ReputationRep:
    Morning guys :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    In most cases yes but the medical science ones are strict so I'm not completely sure. I plan on doing Geology, Oceanography and/or Art History with Geography.
    DO ART!

Not medicine, the medical sciences are like biochemistry, microbiology, immunology, philsiology etc. Because I was thinking of doing biochemistry at Aberdeen with an english lit module and then if I prefer english lit then change to that degree? Don't know if that's possible.

ReputationRep:
    That sounds REALLY interesting. :ninja:
    I suppose it's not too bad but I get more excitied over something more physical ie. Ice and Climate where you would look at glacier mass balance, motion, hydrology, erosion and deposition processes, erosional and depositional landforms. :yep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I suppose it's not too bad but I get more excitied over something more physical ie. Ice and Climate where you would look at glacier mass balance, motion, hydrology, erosion and deposition processes, erosional and depositional landforms. :yep:
    I preferred the glaciation and river stuff at SG and I probably would've like the higher course towards the end but the first unit they were teaching was industry and I couldn't stick it so I left. :p: And also because I was the only 6th year in the class.

ReputationRep:
    DO ART!

Not medicine, the medical sciences are like biochemistry, microbiology, immunology, philsiology etc. Because I was thinking of doing biochemistry at Aberdeen with an english lit module and then if I prefer english lit then change to that degree? Don't know if that's possible.
    You don't get to draw or that but yeah that's one of the courses I applied for this year :woo:

Yeah, I knew you were meaning them but aren't they really over perscribed so it's harder to do it..don't know but e-mail Aberdeen to ask about it. :yep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You don't get to draw or that but yeah that's one of the courses I applied for this year :woo:

Yeah, I knew you were meaning them but aren't they really over perscribed so it's harder to do it..don't know but e-mail Aberdeen to ask about it. :yep:
    How do you find out all the modules you can do? Is there something on website or something?

ReputationRep:
    I preferred the glaciation and river stuff at SG and I probably would've like the higher course towards the end but the first unit they were teaching was industry and I couldn't stick it so I left. :p: And also because I was the only 6th year in the class.
    Urgh Industry, no wonder :p: We started with coasts and a field trip to investigate erosion and deposition, which is always awesome
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bex285)
    Morning guys :p:
    morning...morning...MORNING???!!!

hello. How you today??

ReputationRep:
    :yawn:

Na, I kid, but I much preferred the Human Stuff in SG Geography. :p:

ReputationRep:
    How do you find out all the modules you can do? Is there something on website or something?
    Yeah: http://www.abdn.ac.uk/registry/courses/index.php
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Urgh Industry, no wonder :p: We started with coasts and a field trip to investigate erosion and deposition, which is always awesome
    talking of fieldtrips, we have an AH biology one in a couple of weeks which costs £125. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    morning...morning...MORNING???!!!

hello. How you today??
    Lol, I'm not just up....I had my breakfast and read Heat then decided it still felt like morning :p:
    I'm fine thanks but got a sore back for some reason :confused:
    How's yourself?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    ooooh. thanks.

ReputationRep:

See I thought you'd be more a physical person with your science interest :p:
    I really like geography in general but some of the human topic's just put me to sleep, best one would be development and health.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

you lose :facepalm:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    So these are the modules you can take. Wait, I'm confused. If you click on the english one you can pick one of these for a module?

CONTROVERSIAL CLASSICS = MINE

ReputationRep:
    talking of fieldtrips, we have an AH biology one in a couple of weeks which costs £125. :eek:
    Awesome, where are you going?
    For AH Geog we had a 3 day residential but I was in Africa so missed it but got put with Galashiels High so it was all good in the end! :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.