Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

(Original post by Meteorshower)
    Reminds me of me last year :p:

I think in general most people who come on here go to schools that are quite good, so what you hear of here isn't indicative of the average.
    I remember when one teacher gave us the web address of TSR just before we sat SG, and I was the only one who signed up. :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    Such an appropriate typo!! As my friend put it, "You look petrified." There is a massive bruise on my knee from 10am this morning and my friend was shot in the neck; it looks like a bleeding lovebite.

Never, never again. :sigh: I thought it was so painful; my knee felt like it was on fire for ages, and it's still stinging now. :eek:
    Who said it was a typo :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Sure thing! Having a look at it now, it looks like a heap of **** but at the time I thought it was fairly decent.

Anyone else who wants to see it, just PM me and i'll probably be happy to oblige.

2% is pretty much the average really.
    send it this way please.

also may i ask which universities you applied to and which gave you offers?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    How the hell am I meant to write a PS for english lit, biochemistry, biomedical science and pharmacy!? Any suggestions??? :eek3:

(Original post by Kirsteneg)
    Who said it was a typo :ninja:
    What do you like about it?

ReputationRep:
    How the hell am I meant to write a PS for english lit, biochemistry, biomedical science and pharmacy!? Any suggestions??? :eek3:
    "Literature of the Victorian era is a particular interest of mine -- in reading Wuthering Heights, the intense longing of Heathcliff for his darling Catherine was pivotal in developing my understanding of ionic bonding; to me, the image of forlorn atoms, wandering through empty lives awaiting their beloved electrons to come forth, is deeply poignant."
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Pedrobear)
    "Literature of the Victorian era is a particular interest of mine -- in reading Wuthering Heights, the intense longing of Heathcliff for his darling Catherine was pivotal in developing my understanding of ionic bonding; to me, the image of forlorn atoms, wandering through empty lives awaiting their beloved electrons to come forth, is deeply poignant."
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHA!!!! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    LMAO!! :rofl:

I love you.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    What do you like about it?
    I enjoy being shot at and rolling around in pain
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    That's going in my sig.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

You guys crack me up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)

You guys crack me up.
    Pleas eexplain your sig to me !

I enjoy being shot at and rolling around in pain
    *makes weird, snorting laughing noise*

ReputationRep:
    Ehh my TSR has now got jumbo size writing, the smileys are now pixelated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)

You guys crack me up.
    Get a better sig :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Pleas eexplain your sig to me !
    \pi is an irrationial number(3.1415926...), that is it can't be expressed as \frac{a}{b} where a, and b are integers.

i represents \sqrt -1 . As you'll know you can't take the square root of a negative number (obviously it can't be postive, and the root of a negative can't be negative since (negative)^2 = positive. So it's not a "real" number.

So basically the joke is that it seems like they're having an argument and criticisng each other using someting we might say such as "Get rational." where in a Mathematical sense they're criticing each other as well for the set of numbers they fall under.

But if you try to explain a joke, it's not funny anymore, as you can plainly see. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Get a better sig :p:
    Pfft, it's better than your's.:p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    On a more serious note, does anybody else think: "If I murdered someone I bet I could get away with it." ?

ReputationRep:
    On a more serious note, does anybody else think: "If I murdered someone I bet I could get away with it." ?
    No, because I have at least some morals :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.