Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    Can I suggest that ruminating on everyone's psychological condition is, perhaps, not entirely healthy?

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Am I the only one who detects the sexual euphemisms here?
    At McDonald's you can get a Quarter Pounder of meat between two buns.

ReputationRep:
    Wuthering Heights is on in HD. :awesome:

And how the hell do you argue with Profesh, he has to be the most clever person I have ever talked to: :sigh: He always speaks like that, Arcadia would love him

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...2&postcount=78
    :daydreaming:

EDIT: Ohhh!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    At McDonald's you can get a Quarter Pounder of meat between two buns.
    Yep, the mayo always dribbles down my chin, I can never seem to get it all in one glup...

:mmm:

LOL

Read post #3903
    I saw. Profesh is now my hero :p:

And you're going to help me get 100% for Higher Business, *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Yep, the mayo always dribbles down my chin...

:mmm:
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Is that the one with the beautiful actress from The Take?
    After checking Wikipedia, yes. :p:

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

And I thought this thread couldn't go any lower :sigh:
    It just did, I edited

And you're going to help me get 100% in Higher Modern Studies, ***** :p:

And then WE need to get an A in AH English.
    :beard:

ReputationRep:
    willyss
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You guys sure post a lot. Anyone want to do me a 15min presentation on Tennessee Williams for tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    willyss
    :lolwut:

(Original post by Ronar)
    willyss
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Hmnn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    You guys sure post a lot. Anyone want to do me a 15min presentation on Tennessee Williams for tomorrow?
    Just on streetcar named desire? I have a "use of musical stage directions" one but most of what I talk in that presentation were committed to memory

(Original post by Kirsteneg)
    Tennessee Williams was born in Mississippi in the US of A (note that that ISN'T Tennessee) sometime in the 20th century to a painfully vacuous mother that was kind of rich. His sister was one crazy *****, and was hospitalised for much of her adult life as a result. Once she even accused her father of touching her badly and this spelled bad times for her family. The family moved away as Tennessee's father was a shoe-sniffer and his shoe-sniffing company meant he had to take up a job elsewhere. This did not go well for the Williamses and Thomas' crazy ***** sister had a lobotomy which did not go well. Overwhelmed with guilt over not being able to stop this monstrosity due to studying at Some Big Uni, Williams hit the bottle hard, partied hard, and discovered that he quite enjoyed the male form and seduced many of them whilst still being with one guy. He drank, smoked, took drugs and partied hard, and generally became a gay Russell Brand. His plays were uber-successful but he didn't seem too thrilled with this, because his sister Rose was still one craaaazy *****, providing the inspiration for his character Blanche DuBois in the only play of his that everyone's heard of. Eventually he died in New York whilst choking on a ...

... pill. N00b!

Now I REALLY have to log out.

Here you go

Log out
    You're just jealous of mah Englishy skillz :huff:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    Tennessee Williams was born in Mississippi in the US of A (note that that ISN'T Tennessee) sometime in the 20th century to a painfully vacuous mother that was kind of rich. His sister was one crazy *****, and was hospitalised for much of her adult life as a result. Once she even accused her father of touching her badly and this spelled bad times for her family. The family moved away as Tennessee's father was a shoe-sniffer and his shoe-sniffing company meant he had to take up a job elsewhere. This did not go well for the Williamses and Thomas' crazy ***** sister had a lobotomy which did not go well. Overwhelmed with guilt over not being able to stop this monstrosity due to studying at Some Big Uni, Williams hit the bottle hard, partied hard, and discovered that he quite enjoyed the male form and seduced many of them whilst still being with one guy. He drank, smoked, took drugs and partied hard, and generally became a gay Russell Brand. His plays were uber-successful but he didn't seem too thrilled with this, because his sister Rose was still one craaaazy *****, providing the inspiration for his character Blanche DuBois in the only play of his that everyone's heard of. Eventually he died in New York whilst choking on a ...

... pill. N00b!

Now I REALLY have to log out.
    Right......he choked on a bottle cap or something like that did he not.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ukdragon37)
    Just on streetcar named desire? I have a "use of musical stage directions" one but most of what I talk in that presentation were committed to memory
    Just on the man himself. Everyone else in the class has to do a presentation on one of his plays. :p: What do I do? Basic Info, Writing Career, Literary Context, Historical Context, Parallels....?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.