Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

(Original post by Kirsteneg)
    Right......he choked on a bottle cap or something like that did he not.
    Out of all of that you still pick up on that!! :p: In our class the teacher took ages to say it though, my friend thought she was going to say that he died giving head. :rolleyes:

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Or your "pathetic", for lack of a slightly less offensive-sounding word (sorry :p: ), attempt at 1337 speak
    What's that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    What's that?
    1337 = leet = elite. You use this speak if you are a totally awesome hardcore gamer who lives on the internet and think that typing out like that is somehow cool.

(Original post by namedeprived)
    :facepalm:

1337 = leet = elite. You use this speak if you are a totally awesome hardcore gamer who lives on the internet and think that typing out like that is somehow cool.
    Being someone who doesn't live on the internet, I wouldn't know what that means
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Out of all of that you still pick up on that!! :p: In our class the teacher took ages to say it though, my friend thought she was going to say that he died giving head. :rolleyes:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akj08)
    :lolwut:
    My sentiments exactly...

:rofl:
    Well she said "Tennessee Williams died choking on a ..." and we were like :lolwut: then she said "... barbituate." :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I fail to see the relation betweeen 1337 and hardcore gamer. In fact, in the few months in which I played on the 360 on LIVE, I never heard anyone speaking in 1337 or mention 1337 or LEET or ELITE.

Talk about something you know.

And no it is not cool, if you go back and actually read you will realise who was actually talking in that manner.

K?
    Meh.

ReputationRep:
    Just on the man himself. Everyone else in the class has to do a presentation on one of his plays. :p: What do I do? Basic Info, Writing Career, Literary Context, Historical Context, Parallels....?
    You can mention how his "Southern Dame" characters always seem to be the most effective and how he was a homosexual writer in a society where homosexuality still wasn't quite accepted. He integrated this in his plays in fact (e.g. "Suddenly, Last Summer" )

ReputationRep:
    That would be something different to write in the exam...

I fail to see the relation betweeen 1337 and hardcore gamer. In fact, in the few months in which I played on the 360 on LIVE, I never heard anyone speaking in 1337 or mention 1337 or LEET or ELITE.

Talk about something you know.

And no it is not cool, if you go back and actually read you will realise who was actually talking in that manner.

K?
    Don't hate.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, his pre-conceptions and indirect insult wasn't hate at all. :mad:
    FYI, it was directed at people who actually use it meaningfully, I'm quite aware that ArcadiaHouse was using it as a joke. And an insult(which it wasn't and I apologise if interpreted that way) does not equal hate.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ukdragon37)
    You can mention how his "Southern Dame" characters always seem to be the most effective and how he was a homosexual writer in a society where homosexuality still wasn't quite accepted. He integrated this in his plays in fact (e.g. "Suddenly, Last Summer" )
    I was going to do the whole gay thing in historical/social context but I'll put the "Southern Dame" thing in as well.

ReputationRep:
    Ape uses 1337 in his post. Then...

And what..my post below qualifies as hate?..
    To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say, and this argument is going nowhere, so let's agree to disagree.

By the way, at no point did I insinuate that my definiton of "1337"was correct, it was intended to be a joke, sorry if you interpreted it as hate...

ReputationRep:
    Ok, calm down ape...

ReputationRep:
    Lol so much anger
    It's tinternet, chillout, watch the office

Yeah

ReputationRep:
    You know exactly where I'm going.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure you've misread his post, because I genuinely can't see where you're drawing the offence from. You should find his post offensive if and only if you regularly feel the need to type l1k£ 7h15.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone take a deep breath...

in....out...WOOOOOOOOOOOOO SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Now shup.

ReputationRep:
    You know exactly where I'm going.
    No, I really don't.

No, you insinuated in an indirect way however "jokingly" that I was part of your definition.
    In which case I apologise, I didn't mean to.

[/discussion]

Woo, just realised I don't have to go in until 10 o'clock tomorrow, 6th year is great!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watching Titanic?????

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.