Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akj08)
    But you missed the boat trip!
    Hence why I'm glad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    Have you checked out this place for Laptop's: http://www.studentstore.co.uk/St%20A...ding-Page.aspx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    Hence why I'm glad.
    Yeah maybe it's better to stay innocent:p:

ReputationRep:
    Also worth looking at are Misco. I get an extra discount but their prices are fairly reasonable anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I'm glad I didn't stay up last night on TSR...
    I have a maths joke for you too, its better than your one

Why was 6 afraid of 7?

Because 7 ate 9

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    I have a maths joke for you too, its better than your one

Why was 6 afraid of 7?

Because 7 ate 9

I do like that one. Unfortunatley I've already heard it. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I do like that one. Unfortunatley I've already heard it. :p:
    In the spirit of this thread last night... The Trials and Tribulations of little Polly Nomial

Another one that I like:

One fine evening, e^x was walking down the road. After a while, he noticed that there was a steady stream of constants running the other way. He stopped seven as she went past, asking what had them all so scared. She told him: "the differential operator is back there; if we run into him, we'll all be reduced to nothing!" At this, e^x puffed out his chest, saying "well, we'll see about this! There's nothing he can do to harm me!"

So he jogged a little down the road until he found this differential operator, calling "Hey, I'm e^x. You can differentiate me all you like, but I'll always stay the same!" The differential operator replied, "Hi. I'm \frac{d}{dy}."

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that one :p:

All this laptop crap is far too confusing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    In the spirit of this thread last night... The Trials and Tribulations of little Polly Nomial

Another one that I like:

One fine evening, e^x was walking down the road. After a while, he noticed that there was a steady stream of constants running the other way. He stopped seven as she went past, asking what had them all so scared. She told him: "the differential operator is back there; if we run into him, we'll all be reduced to nothing!" At this, e^x puffed out his chest, saying "well, we'll see about this! There's nothing he can do to harm me!"

So he jogged a little down the road until he found this differential operator, calling "Hey, I'm e^x. You can differentiate me all you like, but I'll always stay the same!" The differential operator replied, "Hi. I'm \frac{d}{dy}."

Unfortunatley polly nomial was too.. ehm.. complex for me to understand. But it did look pretty interesting.

ReputationRep:

Another one that I like:

LOL
    that was hilarious cos it went over my head compltley

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that one :p:

All this laptop crap is far too confusing!
    Try asking in the laptop thread on the Tech forum, they're a great help. They always know where the best sales are!

ReputationRep:
    College is brill. I found out that in english, we're doing Jekyll & Hyde, streetcar and loads of poems (something about love poems, apparently in sg we did too many war poems??? :confused: I only did the horses lol), and we're starting off with the language unit instead of the PS unit :awesome: We had to pick a book that we had recently read and write about the narration and stuff as a mini test before we started Higher, so good ole prayin Carrie came into good use. I wrote 3 pages on it with all the technical mumbo jumbo...everyone was just like :lolwut: The teacher was a wee bit patronizing, but oh well

Chemistry was ok. The teacher just kinda mumbled about different stories and stuff, which was rather annoying. I dosed off for a mere two minutes, whilst my newly aquired friend tried to nudge me awake. We've started off on reaction rates, and we were doing the whole m = nmxgfm stuff, quite easy About 80% of the class had never studied chemistry, so we were basically doing over the basics and for once I managed to speak out and actually answer the questions, "I see you have good potential young lady" after I told him that I had self taught the whole metallic/ionic/covalent molecular/van der Waals section, ammint I the geek? :awesome:. We're doing a mini practical next week just to get into the "chemistry groove".

But I haven't slept in 27 hours, and I only have maths tomorrow which starts at 11am, so Imma crash. Night all :kiss:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    College is brill. I found out that in english, we're doing Jekyll & Hyde, streetcar and loads of poems (something about love poems, apparently in sg we did too many war poems??? :confused: I only did the horses lol), and we're starting off with the language unit instead of the PS unit :awesome: We had to pick a book that we had recently read and write about the narration and stuff as a mini test before we started Higher, so good ole prayin Carrie came into good use. I wrote 3 pages on it with all the technical mumbo jumbo...everyone was just like :lolwut: The teacher was a wee bit patronizing, but oh well

Chemistry was ok. The teacher just kinda mumbled about different stories and stuff, which was rather annoying. I dosed off for a mere two minutes, whilst my newly aquired friend tried to nudge me awake. We've started off on reaction rates, and we were doing the whole m = nmxgfm stuff, quite easy About 80% of the class had never studied chemistry, so we were basically doing over the basics and for once I managed to speak out and actually answer the questions, "I see you have good potential young lady" after I told him that I had self taught the whole metallic/ionic/covalent molecular/van der Waals section, ammint I the geek? :awesome:. We're doing a mini practical next week just to get into the "chemistry groove".

But I haven't slept in 27 hours, and I only have maths tomorrow which starts at 11am, so Imma crash. Night all :kiss:
    Good to see you're enjoying it!

ReputationRep:

Are you at langside or some college in ayr? I might know people at the college yr at

ReputationRep:

Another one that I like:

I'm surprised I knew what every concept was :o:

The sexual euphemisms in that make the ones last night look lame :yep:

Edit: e^x should have replied "Then let x=f\left(y\right)"....

ReputationRep:
    urly leered. "I suppose you've never been operated on yet?" he said.

"Of course not" Polly cried indignantly. "I'm absolutely convergent".

"Come, cone," said Curly. "Lets off to a decimal place I know, and I'll take you to the limit".

ooh, naughty pi

I've sorta got the jist of this lol

ReputationRep:
    That's just too mathsy :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Are you at langside or some college in ayr? I might know people at the college yr at
    Ayr college lol

ReputationRep:
    Ayr college lol
    Ah nevermind then :P
    I thought you were asleep
    aww I wish I lived in ayr the beach is (L)
    Sadly eastkilbride is just grey

ReputationRep:
    Mother dear is dragging me out on a powerwalk. In the pouring rainBad times.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.