Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    I have a little over a month to go. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nessiehibs)
    I know, its been mental.
    The years have just shot past since standard grades...four months ago we left school and now we're about to embark on the adventure that is university. :woo:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Good luck

English appeals are gay.
    you're gay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    I have a little over a month to go. :sigh:
    Why's Cambridge later? :o:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Stupid SQA with their stupid crap marking.. :rant:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    you're gay.
    Im not, ill prove it if you wish.

ReputationRep:
    you're gay.
    agreed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    The years have just shot past since standard grades...four months ago we left school and now we're about to embark on the adventure that is university. :woo:
    Everying is flown through.

Im easily 1/4 through my life already.

ReputationRep:
    Im off.

Had enough of this homophobia.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Im not, ill prove it if you wish.
    oooooh. intrigued.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Everying is flown through.

Im easily 1/4 through my life already.
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Im off.

Had enough of this homophobia.
    Night :hugs:

p.s have clean dreams!!

ReputationRep:
    Why's Cambridge later? :o:
    No idea. I don't know if it's a Cambridge thing or an England thing. :o:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Well I'm off. Night :yawn:

not following nessiehibs :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm off. Night :yawn:

not following nessiehibs :ninja:
    :eyebrow: Nighty night!

ReputationRep:
    No idea. I don't know if it's a Cambridge thing or an England thing. :o:
    So have you got everything you need to go? Finances sorted?

ReputationRep:
    So have you got everything you need to go? Finances sorted?
    Not remotely. :o: I got an enormous pile of paperwork today (including one demand for £210 upfront) to be returned as soon as possible, so I suspect tomorrow will be spent ploughing through that.

I also discovered that SAAS won't let me change my college by phone or online, so I'll have to send them a letter requesting the change?! This is a pain because I need to send college a photocopy of my awards letter by late August/early September, so I'm going to have to also email them telling them that I'll have to miss the deadline, in all probability. :facepalm:

I also need to make a tentative (apparently not final) decision as to whether I want to do geology, psychology or physics as my 25% option in the first year...

ReputationRep:
    Not remotely. :o: I got an enormous pile of paperwork today (including one demand for £210 upfront) to be returned as soon as possible, so I suspect tomorrow will be spent ploughing through that.

I also discovered that SAAS won't let me change my college by phone or online, so I'll have to send them a letter requesting the change?! This is a pain because I need to send college a photocopy of my awards letter by late August/early September, so I'm going to have to also email them telling them that I'll have to miss the deadline, in all probability. :facepalm:

I also need to make a tentative (apparently not final) decision as to whether I want to do geology, psychology or physics as my 25% option in the first year...
    Typical, we seem to get nothing and then everything comes at once! I got a demand for £200 to be paid up front so had basically 5 days or I would have lost my accommodation :eek: Best to just get everything done asap so it's out the way.

They let me change by phone to a totally different university :confused: So what option are you favouring towards, Physics?

ReputationRep:
    They let me change by phone to a totally different university :confused:
    Hm. Did you get a new award letter afterwards, yeah? I might give that shot tomorrow, then. Thanks.

So what option are you favouring towards, Physics?
    I'm not sure. I liked the look of the psychology paper, and I sort of miss writing essays. On the other hand, I've done physics formally and know I'm alright at it (although not fantastic) and it's easier to get higher marks in the sciences than the arts & humanities. I suppose I'll probably end up going for physics, as it's most likely to be useful. I'd just be a bit brassed off if I end up with a 2.1 rather than a first or a 2.2 rather than a 2.1 because I misjudged the option choice!

ReputationRep:
    IF this was an actual common room then people would be skiving class (Student Room so I suppose :P) and passing the time by making human pyramids just in time for your guidance teacher to walk in, putting things which will go off and smell into the roof space, having pointless discussions instead of revising for their NAB next period and setting up 10 foot trampolines in the middle of them on the last day...I dont see any of this.
    (All of these honestly happened in my common room, I miss it so much )

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.