Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Equinox Sky)
    :yep: Have you done it?
    Nope :p: Only did up to standard grade :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    Nope :p: Only did up to standard grade :o:
    Shame, you've missed out :p:

ReputationRep:
    Take that Unbeliever :p:
    Actually gutted. I'm form-filling.

(Original post by Ronar)
    5th/6th Years and Leave... 01-09-2009 13:56 Have some pos instead
    This was me.

No, no AH Geography. I'm working out Pearson's Correlation Co-efficient but I've keyed in a value wrong or miss calculated as the critical value for 13 degrees of freedom is way off what I expected. Careless mistakes as usual!!
    :yep: Sucks having to manually calculate it for real-world-type cases where you've got more than a handful of data. Do you have to show working, or could you just use a spreadsheet or computer program?

ReputationRep:
    Shame, you've missed out :p:
    Only so much time in the day my friend :p:

Unbeliever, you should just sign your rep, someone usually ends up asking who it was anyway :p: Unless you want us all to know who you rep

ReputationRep:
    Unbeliever, you should just sign your rep, someone usually ends up asking who it was anyway :p: Unless you want us all to know who you rep
    You're right, and the irony is I actually meant to sign that one but forgot. :rolleyes: The original idea was to avoid being repped (pos or neg) in return, but it didn't really work out. :p:

ReputationRep:
    No, no AH Geography. I'm working out Pearson's Correlation Co-efficient but I've keyed in a value wrong or miss calculated as the critical value for 13 degrees of freedom is way off what I expected. Careless mistakes as usual!!
    yeah I remember, no easy way round it! Make sure you've inputted the numbers into the formula correctly and multiplied out right. I might be able to help if your stuck?

ReputationRep:
    OMG theres 6 huge bluebootles in my kitchen and its absulutley disgusting and i want to cook food but I cant and i dont know what to do cos they just wont go away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)

This was me.

:yep: Sucks having to manually calculate it for real-world-type cases where you've got more than a handful of data. Do you have to show working, or could you just use a spreadsheet or computer program?
    Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    OMG theres 6 huge bluebootles in my kitchen and its absulutley disgusting and i want to cook food but I cant and i dont know what to do cos they just wont go away
    We get so many that I've had enough practice to be able to hit them out the air without too much difficult now :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)

The teacher want's to see all the working by hand first since we will only be getting a calculator in the exam. Still got to make a start on Spearman's but that looks simpler.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akj08)
    yeah I remember, no easy way round it! Make sure you've inputted the numbers into the formula correctly and multiplied out right. I might be able to help if your stuck?
    Thanks but I totally understand it, just a careless error on my part. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Only so much time in the day my friend :p:

Crazy guy who does five advanced highers!! Well done by the way, I'm being nosey. :p:

ReputationRep:
    The teacher want's to see all the working by hand first since we will only be getting a calculator in the exam. Still got to make a start on Spearman's but that looks simpler.
    Best to write it out - you get marks for the working in the exam which is good if you make an arithmetic mistake and get the wrong answer.

ReputationRep:
    We get so many that I've had enough practice to be able to hit them out the air without too much difficult now :cool:
    They arent moving when i go in, they all just sit on the window when i go in then start to crawl...slowly..over the window

ive tried all sorts of deoderants and they wont die

im scared to smoosh one incse they all come flying at me

ahah, im hysterical and starving hungry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akj08)
    Best to write it out - you get marks for the working in the exam which is good if you make an arithmetic mistake and get the wrong answer.
    Yeah, thanks I've been looking at some past papers and the working that they require seems simple enough to get. :cool: I'm pretty good at maths but tend to rush through things hence the careless mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    They arent moving when i go in, they all just sit on the window when i go in then start to crawl...slowly..over the window

ive tried all sorts of deoderants and they wont die

im scared to smoosh one incse they all come flying at me

ahah, im hysterical and starving hungry

Seriously, if they're not moving just get close to them with a piece of paper and pinch them. If you are quick it's an easy way to kill them every time. They wont fly at you, they'll just fly around a bit if you're too slow.

Crazy guy who does five advanced highers!! Well done by the way, I'm being nosey. :p:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, if they're not moving just get close to them with a piece of paper and pinch them. If you are quick it's an easy way to kill them every time. They wont fly at you, they'll just fly around a bit if you're too slow
    I killed one and they flew at e and sashed another and half its body disappeared and then there was a spider eating one and i didnt know if it was outside or indise and i just keep crying bu iv managed to make a cup of tea but im not on edge its a ******* joke and i needa hug

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    12 hour day?! You poor thing...
    And two three/two hour blocks of each subject... owch.

I got a day off today :p: So I'm away out to look for a job.

I've been enrolled in college, for anyone whos intrested Left school too.
    I start at 9 in the morning and finish at 3 on Mondays and Wednesdays, 4 on Tuesdays and 12 on Thursdays (until next semester). I get Friday off :woo:

I've ordered my nurses uniform so I can go on placement - soo excited!! Haha.

How has everyone been? I've not been online in a whole week :eek:
    Here's my timetable :P

Monday: English 9-12, Chemistry 1-4, Psychology 6-9
    Tuesday: Int 2(possibly Higher) Maths 11-1 <33
    Wednesday: Chemistry 9-11, English 11-1, APS 2-3, UCAS 3-4, Human Bio 6-9
    Thursday: BLANK
    Friday: Int 2/Higher Maths 9-12, Core Skills 2-4 (might not need to go to that ehohel)

Not that bad My night classes dun start till next week. I still need to get my ID card/NUS cards lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    I killed one and they flew at e and sashed another and half its body disappeared and then there was a spider eating one and i didnt know if it was outside or indise and i just keep crying bu iv managed to make a cup of tea but im not on edge its a ******* joke and i needa hug
    :hugs:
    Is there no-one at home to help you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    :nopity: :p:

What happened? *ain't scrolling back :lolwut:*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.