Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    Nothing excting I'm afraid, how about yours?
    went to Aberdeen open day which was pretty decent
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    Too many pages to do such a thing :p:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...87429&page=159
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Aww man, mega gutted I missed all that

ReputationRep:
    Help, wanting leaving partay on friday, but father deasrest will think its his party, get drunk, scare everyone and I will end up in a crying mess

so, plan to get rid of mum and dad for the night? My mums open to most suggestions, but sadly they all involve alcohol and my dad coming back drunk which is useless

ReputationRep:
    Call to those more technologically minded than me - how fast is a really good internet connection?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Help, wanting leaving partay on friday, but father deasrest will think its his party, get drunk, scare everyone and I will end up in a crying mess

so, plan to get rid of mum and dad for the night? My mums open to most suggestions, but sadly they all involve alcohol and my dad coming back drunk which is useless
    Aww, can't ye just lock them in their room? that's what i done lmao they weren't allowed to leave the room the whole nightt.
    my mum appeared and I went mad :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    Aww, can't ye just lock them in their room? that's what i done lmao they weren't allowed to leave the room the whole nightt.
    my mum appeared and I went mad :mad:
    I suggested that but the problem is my dad will leave and will come downstairs its all very dependant on his mood

aghhh!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    you can join in too.
    I think I will pass. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    Call to those more technologically minded than me - how fast is a really good internet connection?
    A little more context? I would say 10 megabit is alright, 20 megabit is good and 50 megabit is fantastic for a consumer.

ReputationRep:
    Oooo I offically start my UCAS application tomorrow :awesome: Just adding some icing on the cake (the PS). One thing though, does my application not get sent until I've paid UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    A little more context? I would say 10 megabit is alright, 20 megabit is good and 50 megabit is fantastic for a consumer.
    Just looking at what i'll be getting at St Andrews

Apparently it's this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    One thing though, does my application not get sent until I've paid UCAS?
    You pay UCAS when you send off your application. However, you don't actually send it to the university - you send it to your UCAS coordinator at the college (unless you're applying as an individual, which I doubt). They can then either send it back to you for changes if necessary, or send it on to UCAS and the universities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Oooo I offically start my UCAS application tomorrow :awesome: Just adding some icing on the cake (the PS). One thing though, does my application not get sent until I've paid UCAS?
    It doesn't get sent off until you've paid Ucas and your referee has added something and sent it off himself. Although i'm not too sure about the last bit with college and all. You definitely need to pay though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    Yeah, that's about what I would expect for a university (they hook into JANET, which is reserved for academic institutions). The bottleneck there will be the servers rather than your connection. Obviously that's shared between everyone at the university, though, so it might be a bit slower at peak/term time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Yeah, that's about what I would expect for a university (they hook into JANET, which is reserved for academic institutions). The bottleneck there will be the servers rather than your connection. Obviously that's shared between everyone at the university, though, so it might be a bit slower at peak/term time.
    Still, fairly cool to me :p:

This is what I get now, best i've ever seen it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    *shudders*

ReputationRep:
    im watching real desperate housewives..anyone else like :lolwut:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Ronar)
    that's not desperate housewives like on channel 4 is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    I think I saw an advert for it - is it that one where rich american women go on about how hard it is being a housewife? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    that's not desperate housewives like on channel 4 is it?
    Its on channel 4 at the moment

It's so wierd

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.