Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bex285)
    At least you're being allowed to do the subjects you want, I'm still trying to convince my depute head to let me do 3 AHs and a Higher.
    Seriously, why does everyone tell you to stay on and that you'll enjoy 6th year? It's crap.

:rofl: It would be slightly better if we had a common room and didn't have to be supervised 24/7.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    :rofl: It would be slightly better if we had a common room and didn't have to be supervised 24/7.
    We have a common room but it's really not all it's cracked up to be, trust me!
    All the separate groups keep arguing with each other and if you want to get any work done, it's impossible! :woo:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    Aww come on guys! 6th year rocks
    shut up! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Aww come on guys! 6th year rocks
    Maybe it does at your school....:p:

ReputationRep:
    Hmnn, I sort of feel bad for complaining now, my sixth year's not that bad, just not, at least at the moment, what it's hyped up to be.

ReputationRep:
    I had the whole 'never do sixth year' off all my older friends at other schools so I decided just to leave it and go to university

I think it's probably been the best decision i've made

Don't worry guys it will go really fast Especially with this epic thread to ***** on

ReputationRep:
    At least you're being allowed to do the subjects you want, I'm still trying to convince my depute head to let me do 3 AHs and a Higher.
    Seriously, why does everyone tell you to stay on and that you'll enjoy 6th year? It's crap.
    Things tend to go bloody wrong all at once or deadlines are all in the same week. It was great however, best year of school.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    We have a common room but it's really not all it's cracked up to be, trust me!
    All the separate groups keep arguing with each other and if you want to get any work done, it's impossible! :woo:
    I our year there aren't distinct groups ad everyone is really integrated (apart from a select few) but we actually have nowhere to go, apart from the library but we get kicked out of there whenever there's a class anyway.:rant:

ReputationRep:
    I our year there aren't distinct groups ad everyone is really integrated (apart from a select few) but we actually have nowhere to go, apart from the library but we get kicked out of there whenever there's a class anyway.:rant:
    Our year didn't have a common room to begin with until we got allocated a science room, well that didn't go down well with the dam physics teacher all he done was moan and report us - he even managed to get our card games banned. :mad: We got our revenge on muck-up day though! :awesome:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Our year didn't have a common room to begin with until we got allocated a science room, well that didn't go down well with the dam physics teacher all he done was moan and report us - he even managed to get our card games banned. :mad: We got our revenge on muck-up day though! :awesome:
    OOOh. What did you do?

ReputationRep:
    sixth years at my shcool came in dressed up like superheros, shot silly string at the teachers and exchange students let off balloons and eventially got chucked out for being steaming and got their prom taken off them ahah

ReputationRep:
    OOOh. What did you do?
    We put hundreds of condoms all over his room, some blown up and took all the chairs and most tables out of his classroom so for the first two periods he had to teach everyone standing up. He refused to carry on teaching unless we restored his classroom :p: Then he starts to chuck the condoms back at us while everyone is chanting BJ (his name brian johnston). Rather immature, I know but physic teachers, they have no sense of humour :p:

ReputationRep:
    We put hundreds of condoms all over his room, some blown up and took all the chairs and most tables out of his classroom so for the first two periods he had to teach everyone standing up.
    :no: I expected better from you, Rosie!

physicians
    A physician is a doctor. :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    We put hundreds of condoms all over his room, some blown up and took all the chairs and most tables out of his classroom so for the first two periods he had to teach everyone standing up. He refused to carry on teaching unless we restored his classroom :p: Then he starts to chuck the condoms back at us while everyone is chanting BJ (his name brian johnston). Rather immature, I know but physicians, they have no sense of humour :p:
    :rofl:
    It's always an anti-climax in our school;nobody has the balls to do anything.
    The usual cling-film on the toliet seat it about as good as it got.

ReputationRep:
    Sixth year is what you make of it. Lots of people wont have much fun, but most of those people are the ones who came into it thinking "yay doss year!". If you get involved with things and keep yourself relatively busy you'll have a good time, and get some practice and balancing commitments for uni.

ReputationRep:
    The usual cling-film on the toliet seat it about as good as it got.
    Muck-up day essentially doesn't exist in my old school. I wasn't aware of it as a concept until I came on TSR. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Muck-up day essentially doesn't exist in my old school. I wasn't aware of it as a concept until I came on TSR. :o:
    Neither was I!

We did stupid things with decreasing frequency as it got closer to the end of the year and people couldn't be bothered any more :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Oh yeah. I get to help out in a low level 2nd year english class. And get to tutor some 3rd years drums.

ReputationRep:
    ^ That's exactly what i'm talking about :cool: Stuff like that is always cool :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    ^ That's exactly what i'm talking about :cool: Stuff like that is always cool :p:
    6th year still sucks though. :p: On wednesday's I don't have any classes but you still have to go in.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.