Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    :no: I expected better from you, Rosie!
    A physician is a doctor. :p:
    It wasn't my idea, I just stood and watched his reaction.
    Opps :blush: I knew that but wanted some kind of plural for a physics teacher :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'll never have a sixth year :sad:. I plan to take a gap year and do absolutely **** all :cool: Go me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    6th year still sucks though. :p: On wednesday's I don't have any classes but you still have to go in.
    Make it a priority to find something to do on wednesdays then :yep:

ReputationRep:
    6th year still sucks though. :p: On wednesday's I don't have any classes but you still have to go in.
    To rub salt into the wound, we're free to go home when we don't have any classes. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah. I get to help out in a low level 2nd year english class. And get to tutor some 3rd years drums.
    That's what can make 6th year, get invloved with things that interest you. :yep:

Did any of you guy's do a year book?

ReputationRep:
    Lol theres a nandos free barbecue at my freshers week..and i'm a vegitarians...god...damnnn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Opps :blush: I knew that but wanted some kind of plural for a physics teacher :p:
    I thought reaction said erection

OH RONA

ReputationRep:
    Set up a club at lunch times or something, I ran an art club for first years so would have to prepare before hand which would take up a couple of periods.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    First they came for the Communists, and I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t a Communist.
    Then they came for the Jews, and I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t a Jew.
    Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn’t speak up, because I was a Protestant.
    Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me.

Physicists? :p: (Suggestions for a collective noun for physicists? e.g. a gaggle of geese)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    To rub salt into the wound, we're free to go home when we don't have any classes. :p:
    Get lost! :p:

It's so hard to convey tone on these forums.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    That's what can make 6th year, get invloved with things that interest you. :yep:

We've already started planning for our yearbook now.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    We did, it was pretty decent. Although our registration class photo was so much of a disaster the first time (we didn't come up with a decent idea, and then half of us were off) that the photographer himself came back to ask if we wanted to redo it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    I thought reaction said erection

OH RONA
    :facepalm:

Get lost!

It's so hard to convey tone on these forums.
    :p: :lol:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Set up a club at lunch times or something, I ran an art club for first years so would have to prepare before hand which would take up a couple of periods.
    A couple of us are starting a photography club.......ha. I must sound really insatiable. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Physicists? :p: (Suggestions for a collective noun for physicists? e.g. a gaggle of geese)
    :o: That's what I was meaning. Yes, I'm thick

ReputationRep:
    We did, it was pretty decent. Although our registration class photo was so much of a disaster the first time (we didn't come up with a decent idea, and then half of us were off) that the photographer himself came back to ask if we wanted to redo it!
    Our year group photo was poor as so many people were off and I was in Africa and then missed the redo as well Wasn't too impressed by the book, too many pictures of 18th birthday parties so was more like a photo album with the odd 'what are you going to be in 10 years times' chucked in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Only found out earlier lol
    Theres a starbucks opening on campus on the sunday giving away free coffee and milkshakes to help my hangover
    In Stirling?:eek: :eek:
    There's been rumours for ages about one being opened in the town centre where burger king was (I think my friend started them:p: ) but I didn't hear anything about one at the uni.

Sorry, this is from pages back:o: evening everyone! :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    I would have liked a yearbook :o:

(Original post by akj08)
    There's been rumours for ages about one being opened in the town centre where burger king was (I think my friend started them:p: ) but I didn't hear anything about one at the uni.

Happy Birthday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akj08)

Evening :wavey:

How are you tonight?

ReputationRep:
    Stirling must be the one city in the country without a Starbucks. There were at least 4 within a 5 minute walk of my school.

Our year group photo was poor as so many people were off and I was in Africa and then missed the redo as well Wasn't too impressed by the book, too many pictures of 18th birthday parties so was more like a photo album with the odd 'what are you going to be in 10 years times' chucked in.
    What were you doing in Africa?

Ours had a few intro pages where our guidance teachers talked about our year, then a sort of nostalgic look over the years (which was a little cliquey, based around the yearbook committee and their friends) and the details of everyone's intentions on leaving (e.g. university and course).

Then each registration class had a daft photo (including one taken underwater in the pool) across a two page spread, with each member of the class having their own entry underneath (with the text written by friends, then two photos - one current, one of them as a toddler).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.