Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    I would have liked a yearbook :o:
    Aww, you could of started one in your free periods. :p:

Have you finished watching skins? It's on just now on channel 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Evening :wavey:

How are you tonight?
    Hello
    I'm ok, kind of annoyed because my close 6/7 close friends are away/have left and I ended up going out with the other 3 who are a bit of a 'clique'. It was fine, but it gets tiresome not knowing their in jokes after a while, and I just wish I could have spent some time with the ones I know really well.

Rant over, sorry :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    What were you doing in Africa?

Ours had a few intro pages where our guidance teachers talked about our year, then a sort of nostalgic look over the years (which was a little cliquey, based around the yearbook committee and their friends) and the details of everyone's intentions on leaving (e.g. university and course).

Then each registration class had a daft photo (including one taken underwater in the pool) across a two page spread, with each member of the class having their own entry underneath (with the text written by friends, then two photos - one current, one of them as a toddler).
    Ooh that sounds good, at least it's something decent to reflect on in years to come :yep:

My school took part in a project with the British Council and I was selected to go. We met up with a group of students from Tanzania and Zambia, basically living their lives. We went around primary and secondary schools, sitting in on lessons and sharing experiences with our styles of teaching. It was amazing seeing the culture (my first trip out of scotland ) and the people were just so welcoming.

ReputationRep:
    Aww, you could of started one in your free periods. :p:

Have you finished watching skins? It's on just now on channel 4
    I don't think i'd have been very good at it. That's not something I let bother me too often, so you know it's true :p:

I finished watching skins on Sunday :o: I wonder if anyone has ever watched all 3 series in less than 3 days before :p:

I thought series 3 was kinda weird, and strangely enough series 2 was my favourites! Series 3 had a good ending I think, Cook really was mental XD

ReputationRep:
    I would have liked a yearbook :o:

Happy Birthday!
    Thank you!
    Still don't feel like a 'grown-up' though:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akj08)
    Hello
    I'm ok, kind of annoyed because my close 6/7 close friends are away/have left and I ended up going out with the other 3 who are a bit of a 'clique'. It was fine, but it gets tiresome not knowing their in jokes after a while, and I just wish I could have spent some time with the ones I know really well.

Rant over, sorry :p:
    :hugs: Did you go out for your birthday, anywhere nice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akj08)
    In Stirling?:eek: :eek:
    There's been rumours for ages about one being opened in the town centre where burger king was (I think my friend started them:p: ) but I didn't hear anything about one at the uni.

Sorry, this is from pages back:o: evening everyone! :wavey:
    Yeah it's underground and allsorts
    On campus oooh, exciting

ReputationRep:
    Oh, happy 18th, akj08!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akj08)
    Thank you!
    Join the club :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akj08)
    Thank you!
    Haha, want to swap ages :P you can be 16 going on 17 alll over again

ReputationRep:
    I don't think i'd have been very good at it. That's not something I let bother me too often, so you know it's true :p:

I finished watching skins on Sunday :o: I wonder if anyone has ever watched all 3 series in less than 3 days before :p:

I thought series 3 was kinda weird, and strangely enough series 2 was my favourites! Series 3 had a good ending I think, Cook really was mental XD
    Haha, yeah :p:
    I liked series 3 the best, haven't watched all of series 2 yet but so far so good. :yep: I liked how they mentioned my town in it though :p:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Did you go out for your birthday, anywhere nice?
    We just went to a cafe in town this evening, was going to go to the pub afterwards but couldn't really be bothered trying to decipher any more private jokes so I decided against it:o:
    Might go to the bars/clubs on friday if there are some more people around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Yeah it's underground and allsorts
    On campus oooh, exciting
    Underground?Ooh that sounds cool I have no idea where in the union that could be though, and I know it reasonably well. I'm quite intrigued:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akj08)
    Underground?Ooh that sounds cool I have no idea where in the union that could be though, and I know it reasonably well. I'm quite intrigued:cool:
    It said it's downstairs in the union..it says on the thing 'underground'

Should be quite something lol

mmm muffins...expensive muffins

ReputationRep:
    Don't suppose anyone else saw the pictures of the fire tornado on the BBC news today? Pretty awesome stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Don't suppose anyone else saw the pictures of the fire tornado on the BBC news today? Pretty awesome stuff.
    No but the red arrows flew over my house last week which was rather stunning

ReputationRep:
    The red arrows flew into my ________ today

fill the blank

ReputationRep:
    Bah, lucky! The red arrows are simply superb. What were they flying from/to?

When we were coming back in a minibus from gold panning, driving through pretty much the centre of Edinburgh, they flew over in formation at low altitude. We never figured out where they came from. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Bah, lucky! The red arrows are simply superb. What were they flying from/to?

When we were coming back in a minibus from gold panning, driving through pretty much the centre of Edinburgh, they flew over in formation at low altitude. We never figured out where they came from. :confused:
    They had just done a display at RAF Lossiemouth/Kinloss but and they were still in formation when they flew over.

Are you an aircraft fan then? We often go a run and watch the RAF planes land and take off, rather amazing since the road is at the end of the runway so they are directly over you!

ReputationRep:
    Are you an aircraft fan then? We often go a run and watch the RAF planes land and take off, rather amazing since the road is at the end of the runway so they are directly over you!
    Not as much as I used to be, and I was mainly into civil aviation although I went to Leuchars airshow pretty much ever year, and visited Museum of Flight a few times. I considered being an air traffic controller for a goodly time. The irony is my younger brother ended up flying a plane before I could drive a car. :facepalm:

No really nearby airports here, although the pulloff from the M9 into school often meant sitting right at the end of Edinburgh's main runway. Are you interested in aviation, I assume?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.