Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Not as much as I used to be, and I was mainly into civil aviation although I went to Leuchars airshow pretty much ever year, and visited Museum of Flight a few times. I considered being an air traffic controller for a goodly time. The irony is my younger brother ended up flying a plane before I could drive a car. :facepalm:

No really nearby airports here, although the pulloff from the M9 into school often meant sitting right at the end of Edinburgh's main runway. Are you interested in aviation, I assume?
    Awesome. Nah I wouldn't say that I have a big interest but being within a 6 mile radius of two RAF bases makes some nice viewing and the sound...wow. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one disappointed that there is no actual tornado of fire?

ReputationRep:
    Morning all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Morning all
    Yeah, someone on! :wavey:

Do you have college today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Yeah, someone on! :wavey:

Do you have college today?
    Nope lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Nope lol
    So any plans today then?

ReputationRep:
    So any plans today then?
    Just catching up on homework. They've added some of the 2009 papers to the SQA website, I see :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I just had the most disturbing dream ever and I can't repeat it on here but I woke uop and cried
    It's a bit like ffs why can't I ever hve good night's sleep

ReputationRep:
    still no 2009 chemistry marking instructions. not cool SQA.

lazy chemists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    I just had the most disturbing dream ever and I can't repeat it on here but I woke uop and cried
    It's a bit like ffs why can't I ever hve good night's sleep
    Aww :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Aww :hugs:
    Oh well lol
    Fcebook has calmed me down ahah

ReputationRep:
    I received my freshers' pack today, including a maths workbook to complete. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    If it's the workbook i've seen it's fairly trivial stuff

ReputationRep:
    Hello.

Did someone say Maths? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    If it's the workbook i've seen it's fairly trivial stuff
    You're right, having flicked through it, it's fairly straightforward (and I'll realistically have to look for some trickier work - maybe steal the mathematicians' one - to get back to a non-terrible maths ability). Nonetheless, I was kind of hoping to be lazy for a little while longer. :o:

ReputationRep:
    You're right, having flicked through it, it's fairly straightforward (and I'll realistically have to look for some trickier work - maybe steal the mathematicians' one - to get back to a non-terrible maths ability). Nonetheless, I was kind of hoping to be lazy for a little while longer. :o:
    Oh, I was meaning the mathemticians one, sorry :o: Maybe it's the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    Oh, I was meaning the mathemticians one, sorry :o: Maybe it's the same?
    Hm, I don't know. The one I've got is marked as 'Mathematics for Natural Sciences' (which makes sense, since first year computer scientists share the maths courses with the natural scientists) and I hoped that there might be a more challenging one for the mathmos.

Googling turned up this one which looks substantially harder than the one I've got and which I certainly wouldn't call trivial, at least.

ReputationRep:
    Fellow Scots, this is my last post for a while, my trip begins tonight!! I'll do my best to keep in touch, if I can find an internet connection in Peru.

Everyone who's going to uni and whatnot, have a great time!

Cheerio
    xx

ReputationRep:
    The maths can wait but saas can't :p:

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bassmonkey)
    Fellow Scots, this is my last post for a while, my trip begins tonight!! I'll do my best to keep in touch, if I can find an internet connection in Peru.

Everyone who's going to uni and whatnot, have a great time!

Cheerio
    xx
    Aww wow have fun

What's your plans once you arrive in Peru?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.