The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

TheUnbeliever
Not as much as I used to be, and I was mainly into civil aviation although I went to Leuchars airshow pretty much ever year, and visited Museum of Flight a few times. I considered being an air traffic controller for a goodly time. The irony is my younger brother ended up flying a plane before I could drive a car. :facepalm:

No really nearby airports here, although the pulloff from the M9 into school often meant sitting right at the end of Edinburgh's main runway. :biggrin: Are you interested in aviation, I assume?

Awesome. Nah I wouldn't say that I have a big interest but being within a 6 mile radius of two RAF bases makes some nice viewing and the sound...wow. :yep:
Am I the only one disappointed that there is no actual tornado of fire? :frown:
Reply 3602
Morning all :smile:
LuhLah
Morning all :smile:

Yeah, someone on! :wavey:

Do you have college today?
Reply 3604
rosie9391
Yeah, someone on! :wavey:

Do you have college today?

Nope lol
LuhLah
Nope lol

So any plans today then?
Reply 3606
rosie9391
So any plans today then?

Just catching up on homework. They've added some of the 2009 papers to the SQA website, I see :awesome:
Reply 3607
I just had the most disturbing dream ever and I can't repeat it on here but I woke uop and cried
It's a bit like ffs why can't I ever hve good night's sleep
still no 2009 chemistry marking instructions. not cool SQA.

lazy chemists.
Ronar
I just had the most disturbing dream ever and I can't repeat it on here but I woke uop and cried
It's a bit like ffs why can't I ever hve good night's sleep

Aww :hugs:
Reply 3610
rosie9391
Aww :hugs:

Oh well lol
Fcebook has calmed me down ahah
I received my freshers' pack today, including a maths workbook to complete. :facepalm:
If it's the workbook i've seen it's fairly trivial stuff
Hello.

Did someone say Maths? :ninja:
Meteorshower
If it's the workbook i've seen it's fairly trivial stuff

You're right, having flicked through it, it's fairly straightforward (and I'll realistically have to look for some trickier work - maybe steal the mathematicians' one - to get back to a non-terrible maths ability). Nonetheless, I was kind of hoping to be lazy for a little while longer. :o:
TheUnbeliever
You're right, having flicked through it, it's fairly straightforward (and I'll realistically have to look for some trickier work - maybe steal the mathematicians' one - to get back to a non-terrible maths ability). Nonetheless, I was kind of hoping to be lazy for a little while longer. :o:

Oh, I was meaning the mathemticians one, sorry :o: Maybe it's the same?
Meteorshower
Oh, I was meaning the mathemticians one, sorry :o: Maybe it's the same?

Hm, I don't know. The one I've got is marked as 'Mathematics for Natural Sciences' (which makes sense, since first year computer scientists share the maths courses with the natural scientists) and I hoped that there might be a more challenging one for the mathmos. :s-smilie:

Googling turned up this one which looks substantially harder than the one I've got and which I certainly wouldn't call trivial, at least.
Fellow Scots, this is my last post for a while, my trip begins tonight!! I'll do my best to keep in touch, if I can find an internet connection in Peru.

Everyone who's going to uni and whatnot, have a great time!

Cheerio
xx
TheUnbeliever

The maths can wait but saas can't :p:

:ninja:
Bassmonkey
Fellow Scots, this is my last post for a while, my trip begins tonight!! I'll do my best to keep in touch, if I can find an internet connection in Peru.

Everyone who's going to uni and whatnot, have a great time!

Cheerio
xx

Aww wow have fun :biggrin:

What's your plans once you arrive in Peru?

Latest