Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    I want to know who namedepriveds secret admirer is :p:

If you reveal yourself to me, I wont tell him :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'll hopefully get a sub and see who's negging.

C'mon *****, neg me with all yer might!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    I'll hopefully get a sub and see who's negging.

C'mon *****, neg me with all yer might!
    Haha they don't seem to have any 'might' as their neg has no effect on total rep:p:

ReputationRep:
    All of mine has had effect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    All of mine has had effect
    That's weird...maybe there's multiple people negging?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akj08)
    That's weird...maybe there's multiple people negging?
    Or 'sockpuppets' of someone who doesn't realize that they don't have rep power until they've used the account for a while (posts/repped/joined for a time).

ReputationRep:
    5th/6th Years and Leave... 03-09-2009 17:55 i adore you

5th/6th Years and Leave... 03-09-2009 18:28 I adore you more. x

:rofl:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    speed kills

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    5th/6th Years and Leave... 03-09-2009 17:55 i adore you

5th/6th Years and Leave... 03-09-2009 18:28 I adore you more. x

:rofl:
    That's brilliant :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    speed kills

ReputationRep:
    That's brilliant :p:
    If only in real life, eh? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    If only in real life, eh? :p:
    You never know

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what Higher R.E,Geography,English and German hopefully grades A or B would let me do at Uni?

I never have had a idea what to do so i just took 4 highers!

Help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CalB92)
    Does anyone know what Higher R.E,Geography,English and German hopefully grades A or B would let me do at Uni?

I never have had a idea what to do so i just took 4 highers!

Help?
    What is a far better question is what are you interested in the most? Or at least which bits of what interest you?

You wont be able to do a science degree but apart from that you've got a lot of options.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the thread!

Plenty of humanities and essay-type subjects. Geography, English and German would be obvious possibilities (and they're all very broad subject areas so would cater to a wide range of people - English and German would involve studying the language, its literature, and some history).

Where do your interests lie?

ReputationRep:
    What is a far better question is what are you interested in the most? Or at least which bits of what interest you?

You wont be able to do a science degree but apart from that you've got a lot of options.
    I don't want to do anything involving science lol so i should have a lot of options then.

Im not going to Uni till 2011 cause im going to college after 6th year to resit higher englsih cause my timetable won't allow me to take it at school!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Welcome to the thread!

Plenty of humanities and essay-type subjects. Geography, English and German would be obvious possibilities (and they're all very broad subject areas so would cater to a wide range of people - English and German would involve studying the language, its literature, and some history).

Where do your interests lie?
    Thanks

Thats the thing i have never had any idea of what i want to do after school/uni so i took 4 highers and hopefully there will be a lot of options with them.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Thanks

Thats the thing i have never had any idea of what i want to do after school/uni so i took 4 highers and hopefully there will be a lot of options with them.
    Look at some of the online prospectuses of some unis and there will probably be a few subjects that look really interesting to you.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't know what you want to do, then you could order prospectuses from a couple of universities (so that you can get a few perspectives, I realize you're not applying yet) and flick through the arts/humanities section (as Meteorshower says, you're basically guaranteed rejection for any sciences) to see what takes your fancy. For another example, you could consider philosophy.

Has your school got a careers advisor that you could talk to?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone watch Gilmore Girls today??!!!??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.